Wash And Go, To Grow And To Dazzle 2020 Challenge

I booked a curly cut appointment with the stylist that is very near me. She still hasn’t added a cut only option. So I have to pay for a cut and wash/style and I will be there for 2.5 or more hours. I really want her to add a dry cut only service.
It will be almost exactly 6 months since my last cut and I definitely need my hair shaped up, and my ends trimmed. But for how much she charges I don’t see myself going more than 2x a year.
Yeah, they are getting crazy with these prices.

Yanno the same thing happens to my 4b section above my ears on each side with styling products @ckisland
ckisland said:
Today, I washed with the Doux's Ladies First (really like) and conditioned with Super Sonic (pretty good). Then I styled my wash n'go with a smidge of Bee Girl Custard and a lot of Crazy Sexy Curl on top.

I kind of love my results, but my 4b sections (around my ears) are acting a fool :cry3::cry3:. I have white little balls of product all over that section and only that section! Luckily my canopy covers that area pretty well, but I'm still tempted to wash and redo my hair all over again :wallbash:

This must be a common thing. I get that too in the same area depending on the product.

They do cut quite a bit. They say it’s just a little, but it only seems like a little because it’s curly. I find that they cut at least an inch of hair. I’m contemplating switching to cuts on blown out hair.
It seems to be more predictable that way. They can physically show you how much they are cutting before they snip anything away. It's been the easiest and most cost efficient way for me this year.

Any tips on trimming your own hair at home? I'm done with salons and professional stylists for the foreseeable future. I just came back from the salon near me, and they cut off all the length I grew this year. I genuinely feel like I could cry, especially since my hair is so slow to grow.

I've tried different stylists in my area over the years, and I either lose a lot of length in the name of perfect shape (even though I've told every single one that I just want a trim and shape doesn't matter to me that much), or they don't know how to deal with kinky hair. The one stylist who respected my wishes and was skilled with my hair has retired unfortunately. And I know how to style my hair - all I need is a trim on my curly hair. At this point, I'm going to stop wasting money only to end up in tears.
I have yet to cut my own hair at home, but Manes By Mell on YouTube has several videos on how to do dry curly cuts at home and maintain a shape.

Everybody, please tell me which products you love and dislike from Miss Jessie's and why. I want to try a few products while they still have their buy 1 get one 50% off sale. I already skipped the everything 30% off sale. Basically, I've tried every store that carries Miss Jessie's in a 60 mile radius and can't find Curly Meringue. I want to give it a try because CurlyCalynna from TikTok and Instagram recommended it as one of the cream stylers that she likes.

I've been trying Miss Jessie's Feather Soft Curls and I really like it. It's impressive that a lotion could give me this much definition, be soft to the touch and dry quickly. It leave far less white residue than Pillow Soft Curls and Pattern Beauty Curl Gel. I tried it twice before I recently straightened my hair. It doesn't last long, but it washes out easily. I want to see what other products I have been missing out on if I have to pay shipping.

5C9292F5-FDEB-4E8A-9CB4-0FB2F5B2188E.jpeg
This is feather soft curls day 1.

Day 2
My hair feels nice!
Ladies, what is a great moisturizing conditioner that provides slip, slick, soft, and manageable hair?
Nothing that has anything to do with strengthening, rebuilding, protect, etc..

I think Eva NYC Therapy Mask would fit the bill. It says Mask in the title but the instructions say to leave on for 2-5 minutes, like a regular conditioner. Giovanni Smooth as Silk might fit what you are looking for as well.

Everybody, please tell me which products you love and dislike from Miss Jessie's and why. I want to try a few products while they still have their buy 1 get one 50% off sale. I already skipped the everything 30% off sale. Basically, I've tried every store that carries Miss Jessie's in a 60 mile radius and can't find Curly Meringue. I want to give it a try because CurlyCalynna from TikTok and Instagram recommended it as one of the cream stylers that she likes.

I've been trying Miss Jessie's Feather Soft Curls and I really like it. It's impressive that a lotion could give me this much definition, be soft to the touch and dry quickly. It leave far less white residue than Pillow Soft Curls and Pattern Beauty Curl Gel. I tried it twice before I recently straightened my hair. It doesn't last long, but it washes out easily. I want to see what other products I have been missing out on if I have to pay shipping.

View attachment 485467

I have nothing helpful to say other than I love you hair lol. I haven't tried any Miss Jessie's products.

I think Eva NYC Therapy Mask would fit the bill. It says Mask in the title but the instructions say to leave on for 2-5 minutes, like a regular conditioner. Giovanni Smooth as Silk might fit what you are looking for as well.
I used to use Giovanni years ago. I’m trying to remember why I stopped. I think after using that, I went back to Keracare, then switched to Design Essentials and Essations.

View attachment 485467
Yout hair looks great!!!!
I love Miss Jessie's!! The Leave-in Condish, Coily Custard and Honey Curls are my jams. Multicultural Curls (the lotion) is the best out of the lotion stylers for my hair.

Day 2
My hair feels nice!
Ladies, what is a great moisturizing conditioner that provides slip, slick, soft, and manageable hair?
Nothing that has anything to do with strengthening, rebuilding, protect, etc..
I really like the Innersense Hydrating Conditioner! I will warn that it has some protein in it, though it seems to be a low amount. You also need a lot of water to really get that lovely slip.

Other than that, I find that good DCs make for great conditioners. The adwoa beauty baomint, the Miche Beauty Indulge, and the Shescentit Plum Nectar are all excellent for everything you're looking for.

Regardless of what you choose, I find that best option is the one that "foams" up in your hair with you marry it with the water.

I used KCKT + KCCC today for the first time in a long time.
KCKT is definitely easier to use than UFD. It doesn’t squirt out if my hand while I’m spreading it out. But it also doesn’t hold water as well as UFD. I’m very curious to see how this lasts over the week.
I think my jar of KCCC will last me a few months so I have time to perfect using it again.

I wonder if it’s white balls, or foamy crystallized product at the ends of the curls?
If I do the BGC method of putting on hair products, I can get the little ball only on that portion of hair. For instance, using Mielle Pom & Honey Coil Custard will turn to ball on those strands if I saturate the hair in large sections on soaking wet in the shower hair and use additional water. Maybe my conditioner is not rinsed out enough, but it has happened each time I do that way. When I apply it with less water that does not happen.

The foamy crystallized product is a toss up for me. My silkier parts do that sometimes before the spongier parts will. Sometimes I'll get it at the roots before the ends. It really depends on the product. The Doux Bee Curl Custard does this on my roots.

I washed my hair tonight. Shampooed with Olapex no.4, conditioned with Sukin Hydrating conditioner in the shower. I squeezed in a little Miche custard before going in with my diluted KCC. I put two braids in the front and diffused for about 45mins, then wrapped up in a silk scarf for bed. Back to work tomorrow:perplexed:.

Miss Jessie's sale was a bust. Several products didn't qualify and the shipping was over $10. Then I reread all of the reviews of Curly Meringue and it really didn't sound like something I'd want. So I didn't buy anything.
@DVAntDany I have some products if you want to
Buy discounted? If you’re in NJ you can come get them lol. If not I can ship. I’ll check in the am but I think I have the meringue and a few other stylers brand new

I washed my hair tonight. Shampooed with Olapex no.4, conditioned with Sukin Hydrating conditioner in the shower. I squeezed in a little Miche custard before going in with my diluted KCC. I put two braids in the front and diffused for about 45mins, then wrapped up in a silk scarf for bed. Back to work tomorrow:perplexed:.
I am sooo not ready to go back to work tomorrow.

I was tempted to cut this blonde out of my hair again.. I decided to just dust a few sections in the crown. I’m sitting here now with leave-in and a plastic cap. I will style my hair in an hour or so.

I hate having to clean up the bathroom during hair wash day. I clean the bathroom daily, but getting up hair and product is not the business!

I was tempted to cut this blonde out of my hair again.. I decided to just dust a few sections in the crown. I’m sitting here now with leave-in and a plastic cap. I will style my hair in an hour or so.

I hate having to clean up the bathroom during hair wash day. I clean the bathroom daily, but getting up hair and product is not the business!
This is why I do my entire process in the shower. It’s so much easier to clean up. I got a shower mirror so I can see what I’m doing.

This is why I do my entire process in the shower. It’s so much easier to clean up. I got a shower mirror so I can see what I’m doing.
I specifically hate cleaning the shower!! Lol I hate picking up hair! I have a small wet vac and I use wipes to pick up the hair first, then I spray the shower down with cleaning spray and scrub. I do that anyway, since I have a hairy family, but I hate it!! I clean the shower after each use.

I specifically hate cleaning the shower!! Lol I hate picking up hair! I have a small wet vac and I use wipes to pick up the hair first, then I spray the shower down with cleaning spray and scrub. I do that anyway, since I have a hairy family, but I hate it!! I clean the shower after each use.
Yeah cleaning the shower sucks, but there’s no avoiding that. If I apply my products outside of the shower I inevitably get gel on the counters and the floor and then I have an even bigger mess.

Finished my hair.. I don’t feel like sitting under the dryer. I used only the custard throughout the majority of my hair and used the custard and mousse in the front. I like the shine of the custard only and the way my coils look. I will probably just use the custard only next wash.

I got some Mielle Pom conditioner.. It doesn’t have cones it in! I’ll try it out Saturday. That will be my day 5. I’m going to use the shampoo that goes with it to see how it really works. If it works well, I’ll just stick with that entire line. The shampoo, conditioner, leave-in, custard, and I may get the mousse.

Back