Was our hair meant to be this difficult?

classimami713 said:
I want to believe that I can grow my hair to at least brastrap. :ohwell:
I don't want to believe long hair is for every other race BUT black women.

But, I am conflicted. I couldn't maintain my ends when I was natural. No amount of protective styling, moisture, airdrying, conditioner washing, etc would help my hair grow out. I babied my hair for over 3 years yet it still broke off at the same rate it grew. I finally decided to relax thinking I could manage my ends better if they were straight. I'm seeing a little progress but nothing dramatic...yet. So why do I have to go through all the mental gymnastics to grow hair? I LOVE LHCF, but women of other races don't have to get help to grow their hair to brastrap. That's like short for them.

Don't believe the hype. I know and have personally encountered many caucasians w/thinning and won't grow past a certain length hair.
Its not a black thang. :)

Alls I am saying is someone along the lines gave birth to the first child to have kiny hair whose parents did not, if they were the first ones with it and why? Why was that childs' hair different.? Was it something the parents did?

Or did God create a whole nother group of people from ground up like he did with Adam And Eve which we do not hear about. Then I could truely believe that this type of hair texture was meant to be.

Last edited:
MissMarie said:
Individual's hair did not change because of the climate. Genetic mutation and gene selection can take thousands of years. What happened is that people with certain variations had an advantage over others in different climates, as a result they were often healthier, they were more desirable as mates and their genes were more likely to be passed on to future generations. As a result, the characteristic that creates advantages for individual humans, and human populations, become more prevalent within that group of people. That doesn't mean that certain genes are completely eradicated, or that human populations were completed isolated and did not interact with populations that had different ranges of physical charecteristics. Thats why you see Europeans with eyes like central and east Asians, curly or even kinky hair like western Asians/north Africans, etc.
There is not as much genetic adaptation today because humans have so much control over their environments, we have technology to help us and science to keep as alive. Even though you have African descendents not living in the same conditions as their ancestors their genetic info isn't going to suddenly change, that sort of change does not happen on the individual level and in populations it takes millenia.
Our ancestors really were the only ones living in those types of environments long enough to develop those types of adaptations to the environment (which is why the greatest genetic diversity exists on the continent). Europe is a baby compared to Africa.

Our species, Homo sapiens, was born 170,000 years ago. The ancestors of modern humans began leaving Africa 70-80,000 years ago. So our ancestors had a 100,000 year headstart on developing physical traits that best dealt with the varied environments of their continent.

Before slavery and colonialism traits that were common to darker Africans were just viewed as part of the differences that existed amongst humanity. Its the history of the past 500 hundred years that has left black people with a complex about their hair and complexion (and also physiques and facial features); the notions of white supremacy that undergird the creation of this country have led to the denigration of everything African, especially the unique features (our hair is very unique, almost non-existent amongst other groups of people) of the continent and the diaspora.

Wow. Thank you for the info. This really breaks it down.

vivmaiko said:
1 corinthians 11:14-15
Does not the very nature of things teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace to him, but that if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For long hair is given to her as a covering.

Maybe I'm pessimistic but i don't think black women, and i mean women who don't have mixed ancestry were meant to have long hair. A few do, but majority don't. I grew up in Africa and I saw all sorts of women grow their hair natural and protect it and all and very few were able to get it bra strap and it took them almost 14 years give or take to do it. Some could never even get it to shoulder-length.

I'm tired of my hair too, and I don't buy the weather theory. People assume Africa is this unbearably hot place, but in all my life in East Africa I never experienced the wrath of heat close to that of american summers. Also, India is a really hot place yet it is home to some of the most long, straight or slightly wavy-haired women in the world. India is soooooooo hot i don't even know how people survive those summers and winds, I guess people adjust, get used to it.

It is nice to hear from someone from a place that has the climate we are talking about.

Yes. I agree with some not meant to have long hair. Now I shaved my hair off and and growing out health hair. If I do not make it to BSL in five years I am giving up my journey and taking it as not meant to be. My hair is growing in at 1/4 a inch a month not even the Average.

:clapping:
Mahalialee4 said:
This is really a deep deep matter. I believe that the questioner was asking something far deeper than many of us have ever questioned. I was just thinking about this and have been for sometime now. My conclusion:
1. There is something spiritual behind the struggle for black women to grow long hair with ease.
2. We were not born with "hard, rough, hard to comb or fragile hair or short pebbly hair.
3. I do not think that God created black women with hair that was unable to grow long. or show length or that the boundary was set for just a big ole afro for black women and all other women could have long hair. God is not partial.
4. I do believe that as far as genetics are concerned, that our hair texture is a trait that has been bred or engineered for the benefit of the powers that be who did not intend that we be seen as equally naturallydesirable, feel beautiful or feel empowered among our female human peers.
5. Why should black women be content NOT TO HAVE LONG HAIR any more than we all have 10 fingers and toes (unless we have something missing.)as if we are not entitled. Like there is a big sign that says "Not for you black women!"
6. I do not believe what the world teaches, that there are several races that evolved. I only believe in what the word says were created: families, tribes, nations, and tongues. Any other definition of mankind is one that has been manufactured to foment division, create chaos, and assure riches for some and poverty for others, and it is a monstrous lie that has held people in mental and economic bondage throughout many centuries. If we believe the lies then we have to ask why some some mysterious boundary line STOPPED AT THE DARK RACES!!! and use our minds and wisdom instead of swallowing "racist" theories".
7. Oh yes. I believe that there is a lot more to our hair than meets the natural eye.
I love our thick healthy bushy curly hair and it is good. But the not having ability to grow it long without jumping through hoops, I believe someone and something else is involved in this. The curse of slavery,(not God's!) the curse of baldness, the curse of submission that was a result of European greed! That's what I believe. My opinion. It may not agree with Massa's explanation. bonjour

Thank you so much. This is exactly what I meant

You can keep your routine simple when it comes to hair care, but there a lot of things you have to avoid doing to it to keep it from being damaged.

Hey all, I am new here and honestly this topic was the one that made me subscribe. I an natural and before going natural I did not frequent hair boards and considered my hair long (a little past shoulder lenght). Now I see my hair as short but I still love doing it. The one question I have about this topic is, do people see the texture of our hair as the problem or the fact that it takes more care for it to grow? What I mean is if our hair (4a/b specifically) was the same texture but grew to bsl lenght easily would people not still complain about the texture? The grass will always seem greener if we continue to look at our hair as the problem instead of the lack of understanding of how to properly care for our hair as the problem.

Last edited:
jjjackie said:
Hey all, I am new here and honestly this topic was the one that made me subscribe. I an natural and before going natural I did not frequent hair boards and considered my hair long (a little past shoulder lenght). Now I see my hair as short but I still love doing it. The one question I have about this topic is, do people see the texture of our hair as the problem or the fact that it takes more care for it to grow? What I mean is if our hair (4a/b specifically) was the same texture but grew to bsl lenght easily would people not still complain about the texture? The grass will always seem greener if we continue to look at our hair as the problem instead of the lack of understanding of how to properly care for our hair as the problem.

To answer your question, I have never hated my natural hair texture. I hate that my hair does not grow easily.

Case in point: Some East Islanders from Fiji, Tahiti and Hawaii have some of the bushiest, thickest hair you could ever wish for. The point is it grows long and ladies, you have to admit, it is the most beautiful hair on the planet in terms of thickess and lushness. I love the texture of my hair. Even if it were kinkier and thicker or coarser, I would love it. The only complaint I have is the fact that it does not show that length without more effort than others of the same family of man. I would like to have the texture of my hair to my butt! if I choose to grow it that long and I ain't pretending to not want it that way. I really do not get it when women act as if they are happy to be restricted. Like, I only have 2 fingers on each hand and I wouldn't have it any other way, or I have an inch gap between my teeth, but that is how God made me......or I have no breasts, no hips and a totally flat butt....and I am totally okay with it....right!!!!", God did not make us with hard, brittle, peppercorns, that struggle to get to shoulder length and snap off, even as original African tribes that never mixed....come on now...if he did, you would pop out that way!!! How many black men do you see with their hair snapping off all over the place? bonjour

Last edited:
It's not that our hair is not designed to be long, but it is not designed to show length. Many of us think of long hair as long and flowing when usually 3-4 type hair does not do that. We have the ability to have long, big hair but not long and flowing/blowing in the wind hair.

jjjackie said:

Welcome Jjjackie!!! I myself see the problem as taking more care to grow and maintain.

Mahalialee4 said:
Case in point: Some East Islanders from Fiji, Tahiti and Hawaii have some of the bushiest, thickest hair you could ever wish for. The point is it grows long and ladies, you have to admit, it is the most beautiful hair on the planet in terms of thickess and lushness. I love the texture of my hair. Even if it were kinkier and thicker or coarser, I would love it. The only complaint I have is the fact that it does not show that length without more effort than others of the same family of man. I would like to have the texture of my hair to my butt! if I choose to grow it that long and I ain't pretending to not want it that way. I really do not get it when women act as if they are happy to be restricted. Like, I only have 2 fingers on each hand and I wouldn't have it any other way, or I have an inch gap between my teeth, but that is how God made me......or I have no breasts, no hips and a totally flat butt....and I am totally okay with it....right!!!!", God did not make us with hard, brittle, peppercorns, that struggle to get to shoulder length and snap off, even as original African tribes that never mixed....come on now...if he did, you would pop out that way!!! How many black men do you see with their hair snapping off all over the place? bonjour

LMFAO. :lachen::lachen::lachen: Peppercorns? That's a new one. *falls over*

kally said:
So true and when it comes to hair, people really get offended.

I am sorry. I love being an AA woman, love everything about it. I Just have such a hard time excepting my hair. Every since I was little girl I have wanted the long locks and has been a huge self-esteem problem for me. I was never able to have the nice little ponytails that little girls wore. I have never had hair past my neck, so it just does not come easy for me. my hair breaks as it grows. I have applied all the methods on here and still can not achieve it, but that is just me. Many on here have been able to and I am very happy for you. I keeps my hope up.

I feel the same way...and it's hard because i am transitioning and i really wondering why can't i except my natural hair...because i love long staight and long curly hair like loose curly hair...and i was like do i have self hatred or what...because as i really do like being black...but i really don't like my hair and i understand we should just except it...i've been natural before and i would not go outside with a wash and go, my hair would be so shrunken and short i had to straighten it...and i remember admiring the ppl in the wash bowl whos hair was wavy or curly

sigh..

its just hair, thats all it is. simply a covering for our heads, much like our skin it changed over a very long period of time designed to protect us. simply a by -product.
if someone wants to burn it, perm it, curl it, or straighten it making it do something its not meant to be. then spend their life crying about it, thats their problem not mine.

(i dont believe in "god" the way most people do so i dont subcribe to the whole "god" is fair or "god" wouldnt do us like that theories.)

I do believe in God but, hair characteristics are determined by the choices or lack thereof of men and women when it comes to mating. IF i DIDN'T believe in God , I would understand that it has been controlled genetic breeding and DNA that determines hair characteristics potential and that it is done by man. In either case, our hair texture, length, thickness aside from what we do to it with chemicals or lack of hair care, DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. I explained my belief on the motives and repercussions in greater depth on the Off Topic Discussion : Refer my thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=114355
Some women really experience a psychological sense of loss and rejection over the hair length issue and feel somehow someway that there is something wrong with THEM BECAUSE OF THEIR ANCESTRY and that God rejected them! These are the ladies and young black girls that I am concerned about. They are my concern because I am a woman who has explored the issue spiritually and emotionally and want to share some of my insights in the hope that some will be set free from self hatred.

Mahalialee4 said:
I do believe in God but, hair characteristics are determined by the choices or lack thereof of men and women when it comes to mating. IF i DIDN'T believe in God , I would understand that it has been controlled genetic breeding and DNA that determines hair characteristics potential and that it is done by man. In either case, our hair texture, length, thickness aside from what we do to it with chemicals or lack of hair care, DID NOT JUST HAPPEN. I explained my belief on the motives and repercussions in greater depth on the Off Topic Discussion : Refer my thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=114355
Some women really experience a psychological sense of loss and rejection over the hair length issue and feel somehow someway that there is something wrong with THEM BECAUSE OF THEIR ANCESTRY and that God rejected them! These are the ladies and young black girls that I am concerned about. They are my concern because I am a woman who has explored the issue spiritually and emotionally and want to share some of my insights in the hope that some will be set free from self hatred.

I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you're talking good on that right theah!

silvergirl said:
if someone wants to burn it, perm it, curl it, or straighten it making it do something its not meant to be. then spend their life crying about it, thats their problem not mine.

(i dont believe in "god" the way most people do so i dont subcribe to the whole "god" is fair or "god" wouldnt do us like that theories.)
I'm right there with you, silvergirl.

Well in regards to Dna and genetic makeup my professor was telling us that the first human was 200,000 years ago. He said it takes about 20000 years for dna to actually change and adapt to environment. There is this bird that is native to some island that darwin studied on I think it is a finch. Anyway one type of the finches had flatter beaks and another had thicker beaks. He proposed that one with the thicker beak could crack harder shells that the ones with thinner beaks could not crack when in times of drought. So the ones with thicker beaks had adopted better and would evenutally make the ones with thinner beaks obsolete.

With the hair concept at one point in time our hair was all the same. I was always wondering if people who live near the equator naturally have kinker hair then why don't people in India have it even though they are just as darker if not darker. Well it turns out that in India they have alot of rainy seasons that could contribute to the the texture of their hair being continuously exposed to water. In Africa we were not exposed to water like that. So I agree with the person who said that our hair stays close to our head to shield us from the heat. Another I like is that blacks can stay in the sun and not get the affects of cancer because our skin is designed to take UVA and UVB rays. Just because our hair coils does not mean that it is not long.

Think about it why when you live in heat arse weather would want hair down your back???? You would burn up and end up cutting it off anyway. But if you have long hair that coils up closer to your head and stands up off your back it would be alot better.

CaramelMiss: What are your thoughts now that they (the "Science" people...no...not the "fruit scientists! "lolol....are proving that blacks get skin cancer and are more readily damaged than whites and are encouraging blacks to lather up with the sunscreen?
In the hottest countries, have you noticed that often they wear a lot of clothing....men and women, and keep their heads covered to stay cool? Even in the desert. The Arabs do not have a problem with long hair in the hottest driest areas, why would we? We could braid it up and tie it up just like the Rastas do or the Arabs. You think? Where would the moisture come from? body heat. Just like the bros in the States with their wool head coverings in the hot weather and them bros can grow some hair!!! JMO.
Meant to add: Africa was a rainforest!!!! It was not one big desert wasteland...With some of the most lush vegetation possible! The wastelands that we see now are partially due to land erosion by mining, and raping of the land by European pillagers that has created drought and famine. As far as the water theory, I will get back to you. Thanks for commenting, it really keeps me on my toes! bless ya! bonjour

Last edited:
India does have rainy monsoons, but central african rainforests are nothing to mess with! It rains there continuously for months...have u read the poisonwood bible? it's a great read. People aroud the equator include peoples as different as kenyans and colombians. Kenyans have kinky hair, and i don't think pre-spain colombians had kinky hair.

CaramelMiSS said:
Well in regards to Dna and genetic makeup my professor was telling us that the first human was 200,000 years ago. He said it takes about 20000 years for dna to actually change and adapt to environment. There is this bird that is native to some island that darwin studied on I think it is a finch. Anyway one type of the finches had flatter beaks and another had thicker beaks. He proposed that one with the thicker beak could crack harder shells that the ones with thinner beaks could not crack when in times of drought. So the ones with thicker beaks had adopted better and would evenutally make the ones with thinner beaks obsolete.

With the hair concept at one point in time our hair was all the same. I was always wondering if people who live near the equator naturally have kinker hair then why don't people in India have it even though they are just as darker if not darker. Well it turns out that in India they have alot of rainy seasons that could contribute to the the texture of their hair being continuously exposed to water. In Africa we were not exposed to water like that. So I agree with the person who said that our hair stays close to our head to shield us from the heat. Another I like is that blacks can stay in the sun and not get the affects of cancer because our skin is designed to take UVA and UVB rays. Just because our hair coils does not mean that it is not long.

Think about it why when you live in heat arse weather would want hair down your back???? You would burn up and end up cutting it off anyway. But if you have long hair that coils up closer to your head and stands up off your back it would be alot better.
I remember learning about the finch beak morphogenesis in my very first neuroscience class! We talked about evolution first so it was one of the first lectures.

Also, people need to realize that climate has changed over the years. It was a LOT hotter in places in Africa when civilization was first occurring than it is today (although some scientists believe that global warming will lead Africa right back to this point eventually). There has been a huge climate shift in several places, though, not just Africa over the eons.

They lied to us about the water ladies!!! Water is an abundant feature of Africa! What have they done to our water? Where did it go? What is really going on? Our hair had nothing to do with lack of water in the Motherland. Africa was and is surrounded and rich with large water areas: The real question is, after Europe divided up, sacked the diamonds, gold etc etc. what did they do to the water supplies that were already there and what have they been doing to make sure there is a "water crisis"? ---if your answer is "too many black people", don't worry, they are working on it!
a. Deserts - Sahara, Kalahari
b. Lakes - Victoria, Nyasa, Tanganyika
c. Rivers - Nile, Niger, Zambezi
d. Mountains - Kilimanjaro, Kenya, Atlas
Surrounded by three oceans, North Atlantic, South Atlantic, Indian Oceans,
Two Seas: Mediterranean and Red Sea

List of African Rivers:
• South Africa: Berg - South Africa
• Breede - South Africa
• Cuanza - Angola
• Fish - Namibia
• Groot - South Africa
• Ihosy River - Madagascar
• Kuiseb - Namibia
• Kunene - Angola (as Cunene), Namibia, Botswana
• Kwando - Namibia, also known as Linyanti and Chobe in places
• Limpopo - Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Botswana
• Mangoky River - Madagascar
• Mania River - Madagascar
• Molopo - Botswana, South Africa
• Okavango - Botswana, Namibia, Angola (as "Cubango")
• Onilahy River - Madagascar
• Orange - South Africa, Lesotho, Namibia
• Tugela - South Africa
• Vaal - South Africa
• Zambezi - Angola, Zambia, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique
Central AfricaCongo
o Kwango
o Kasai
o Lualaba
o Lomami
o Ubangi - Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic (as "Oubangui")
 Uele
 Mbomou
• Gabon
• Kouilou-Niari - Congo
• Mbini
• Ntem
• Nyanga - Gabon
• Ogooué - Gabon
• East Africa: Awash - Ethiopia
• Jubba - Somalia
o Dawa - Ethiopia
o Gebele - Ethiopia
• Kerio - Kenya
• Maputo - Mozambique
• Mara - Kenya, Tanzania
• Omo - Ethiopia
• Rufiji - Tanzania
• Ruvuma (Rovuma) - Tanzania, Mozambique
• Shebelle - Ethiopia, Somalia
• Tana - Kenya
• Victoria Nile - Uganda
• Albert Nile - Uganda
• Kazinga Channel - Uganda
• Kagera River (Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda)
West Africa
• Bandama - Côte d'Ivoire
• Cavally - Liberia, Côte d'Ivoire
• Gambia - Gambia, Senegal
• Niger - Nigeria, Benin, Niger, Mali, Guinea
• Oueme - Benin
• Saint Paul - Liberia
• Sanaga - Cameroun
• Senegal - Senegal, Mauritania, Mali
• Volta - Ghana, Burkina Faso
• Benue - Nigeria
North Africa
• Nile - Egypt, Sudan
o Atbarah River - Sudan, Ethiopia
o Blue Nile - Sudan, Ethiopia
o Didessa River - Ethiopia
o Mountain Nile - Sudan
o White Nile - Sudan
• Bou Regreg - Morocco
• Draa River - Algeria, Morocco
• Moulouya River - Morocco
• Oum Er-Rbia River - Morocco
• Sebou River - Morocco

Too hot and dry and no water!!! No that is what it has been cleverly reduced to. Did you know that they have even put patents on the crops that can be grown and the natural herbal plants for research and are starving out the people as a byproduct? But I will save that for another forum! so..... http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=1918699#post1918699

Our hair is naturally dry and won't grow because Africa is such a dry country with no access to water, indeed!!!!
bonjour

Last edited:
A very DEEP topic -- I was thinking about this the other day -- I don't have the answer, but more questions:

Could our collective challenge at growing out (and more importantly RETAINING length) have more to do with styling choices?

Many black little girls or young guys with the long natural conrows and ponytails follow a simple ROUTINE and styling.

No perms, no weaves, no pressing, no braided extensions.

Could our collective challenge retaining length be due to environmental defiencenis in our diet and lifestyle?

Blacks suffer from diabetics, hyertension, and other environtmetal stressors and diet choices that can't provide the ideally body condition for growth. Maybe this show more in black women' HAIR because of menstruation and hormonal flux than with black men and children.

Could our collective challenge retaining length be due to collective WORLD mindset that our beauty and HAIR is not improtant, that we have internalized these thoguhts?

The idea that our hair has to be tamed or fixed, is very profitable! Black women send more money on haircare/services than any other group, yet we still have many challenges and frustrations. We are the only ones who want to break this dependence on products, services, etc. The question of being mixed (we're all mixed to some degree) that black women get if they have long hair - proves to me that we still have trouble beleiving that BALCK women can have long hair.

Just my humble thoughts!

Last edited:
If you believe that your hair is a symbol of rejection, bias and then tied to your spiritual belief system; that it was and is an eternal badge of shame or at best a cross to bear or even something so personal about yourself that has to be denied, hidden, destroyed or forgiven, then it certainly will affect how others (your grandmama, mama and you) treated it) and also something that should be punished, beaten into submission and starved to death, through refusing to water and feed it!!!yes, I said it, cause it had no value and you just wished it would go away and you buried it with wigs, weaves and headrags, and smothered it with grease and tried to burn it with extreme! heat and caustic chemicals.....yeah! to all your questions.
lol bonjour

Mahalialee said:
Meant to add: Africa was a rainforest!!!! It was not one big desert wasteland
ITA with this. :yep:

Some of these great posts (I love this discussion!) brings me back to my previous post about the Biblical flood, which science acknowledges did indeed occur). I've learned that the whole planet before the flood was tropical and temperate--no defined seasons, no hot deserts--it was an even temperature all year long, everywhere. There was moisture in the air at all times, like it is in Hawaii or Tahiti. This was due to the firmament (a thick, permanent cloud covering) which protected humans from direct exposure to the sun and held the moisture in for abundant plant life. So what did our hair look like then? Was it the same as now or did it naturally flourish with all of the daily moisture?

We as humans have all genetically mutated since the Biblical flood which some scholars say chronologically was only a few thousand years ago while some scientists say was around 10,000 years ago. I"ve learned that some of these changes were due to radiation exposure. One major change was a much shorter life span. It's possible there were many changes that haven't been fully explored...

Mahalialee4 said:
If you believe that your hair is a symbol of rejection, bias and then tied to your spiritual belief system; that it was and is an eternal badge of shame or at best a cross to bear or even something so personal about yourself that has to be denied, hidden, destroyed or forgiven, then it certainly will affect how others (your grandmama, mama and you) treated it) and also something that should be punished, beaten into submission and starved to death, through refusing to water and feed it!!!yes, I said it, cause it had no value and you just wished it would go away and you buried it with wigs, weaves and headrags, and smothered it with grease and tried to burn it with extreme! heat and caustic chemicals.....yeah! to all your questions.
lol bonjour

Girl your responses have been right on point.

All of the reponders on here have really given me things to think about. It is very interesting to read the different views. All of these responses have opened my eyes to really think out side the box.

Isis said:
ITA with this. :yep:

Some of these great posts (I love this discussion!) brings me back to my previous post about the Biblical flood, which science acknowledges did indeed occur). I've learned that the whole planet before the flood was tropical and temperate--no defined seasons, no hot deserts--it was an even temperature all year long, everywhere. There was moisture in the air at all times, like it is in Hawaii or Tahiti. This was due to the firmament (a thick, permanent cloud covering) which protected humans from direct exposure to the sun and held the moisture in for abundant plant life. So what did our hair look like then? Was it the same as now or did it naturally flourish with all of the daily moisture?

We as humans have all genetically mutated since the Biblical flood which some scholars say chronologically was only a few thousand years ago while some scientists say was around 10,000 years ago. I"ve learned that some of these changes were due to radiation exposure. One major change was a much shorter life span. It's possible there were many changes that haven't been fully explored...

I like this thread. It is realllly deep!

Before the flood, scientist tend to think that the earth was just one big continent. I wonder if everyone and their hair was the same, since it was one big continent?

You are right on Isis. Even the Bible tells us in Genesis that in the beginning it had not rained upon the earth, but that a mist used to come up from the ground and of course everything good to eat etc. flourished.

Ah, we have a think tank going here! (smile) Great stuff!!!

Back