Waist Length in 2010

^^Ms.Momo that looks great! Nice job! And you look pretty much wl to me....maybe one more month? Or even less. Your hair is not totally straight in the pic so its a little longer than it looks. SO excited for the next time you do an "official" length check!

Okay, as for me, i have been protective styling.
I cowashed with HE LTR 2 days ago
I got some new vitamins-GNC womens ultranourish
I am doing a black tea rinse in about 5 mins; followed by a deep coniditon with:

NTM deep condish
sweet almond oil added
Brahmi powder added

Okay, as for me, i have been protective styling.
I cowashed with HE LTR 2 days ago
I got some new vitamins-GNC womens ultranourish
I am doing a black tea rinse in about 5 mins; followed by a deep coniditon with:

NTM deep condish
sweet almond oil added
Brahmi powder added

oooh... wanna do all that to my hair next!!! i'm too lazy lol

i did a pony roller set. i still cant do a real one like my mom did on me when i was younger. you would think, i've got my hair roller setted (is that a word?) from the age of about 4 to 18... i should be a roller setting guru lmao

THANKS!!! at 1st i wasnt sure about the wave thing that i ended up with... i magically expected to have straight hair this morning lmao but the wave thing is growing on me i thing.

and yes, pony tail set. that's why i dont have any pix of the roots because the parts and clumping looked crazy until i shook my head up a bit and distributed the hair evenly

lmao dang njoy!!! lol i was just headed in here. here's a re-post of what i've been saying lol

ok... so i didnt flat iron... but i did do a roller set...

THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL LENGTH CHECK!!!!! just me showing what i did :D

so i did the roller set last nite just to try it out. before bed i did not pin curl (though i should have), instead i brushed it out and did and extremely sloppy cross wrap (it was midnite and i was done lol). i took down the wrap to see how it looked. remember, my hair did not see a flat iron, not the roots or any part of it lol

2010-05-08003.jpg

may910check.jpg

i'm very pleased with the way my ends look. barely any splits and my last cut was in oct and my last s&d was like i nov, maybe dec. i love the way my hair feels though. much better than how it feels when i flat iron, and i love the way that feels lol so that should tell yah!. i'm pleased

Looks like you've got about a 2 inch difference from the pic at the very bottom with your length goal above it.... I am very PROUD of you!:yep: It looks very healthy and BEAUTIFUL!:waytogo: So when you get to flat iron those roots, I'd say you are waist length for sure and possible past waist length!:sweet: I love graduations!:congrats:

Last edited:
yeah... i can for sure tell the difference from my feb pic to now :D makes me cheese like a kid with kool-aid lol. i'm not touching that flat iron lol i'mma let my hair stay poofy like leobody's curls lol that's how they kind of looked last nite when i 1st brushed them out. though one of my friends was making fun of me today cause since i didnt flat iron my roots and edges are not so polished. she said it looked a hot mess and i said her missing edges was a hot mess... she gave me the side eye and i smiled lol

so... with the help of simple lines lol i think i'm ready to actually claim wl officially

please feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
also, to kill 2 birds with one stone i did a compare shot from my feb length check to my unofficial check from yesterday lol

compare003.jpg

the pix arent spot on (as the whole editing thing frustrates me lol) but i think its good enough to use as a comparison.

ANY FEEDBACK ON WHETHER I MARKED WL ACCURATELY IS WELCOME lol

:) :) :) :) :) thank you smiling e :) :) :) :) :) :)

now lets see if i can finish in the hl race :D

U welcome girl!!:)

I'll be RIGHT behind you....i just need 3-4 inches to be at Hip...but honestly....i just wanna be halfway to Hiplength and i'll be happy.:yep:

Keep up the good work tho MoMo....ur hair is the ish!!:clap:

i need some evco on my hair right about now... but i'm eating a root beer float and rather not get up lmao its been a super lazy day (my sunday today lol). all i've done today is wash my butt, walk the dogs, go on here, take naps, and eat lmao

Mz.Momo, why does your hair grow so much faster than mine! :wallbash: :grin:

Congrats, you look like you're there to me. :yep:

And did you lose weight too?! Get it girl!

yeah, the weight thing... i yo-yo. i lose and gain and lose and gain lol i've had a rough couple of months which i'm sure contributed to weight loss. IF I'M LUCKY IT WILL STAY OFF! lol

also, i've come to the conclusion i have a stubby torso causing me to meet goals fast lol i mean after staring at it for so long today i'm like "where's the rest of me!!!"

I have dabbled in tea spritzing and rinses, but the jury is still out for me. I'm an Ayurvedic newbie challenge dropout. :blush:

Yeah im not too hardcore. I will just mix brahmi powder into my dc. I have some vatika oil; i seal with it occasionally. The black tea is just any tea u would drink (orange pekoe, which is actually black tea i learned). I was gonna use coffee but I was out! I heard it was the caffeine that suppose to help with growth and shedding. So hopefully I will see a difference. I am not joining anymore challenges! :perplexed I like to try things and if they dont work, im not doing it. I am trying to just stay simple. When my hair need something, I do it.

Tonite some of my ends felt thirsty so I moisturized with NTM and sealed coconut oil. I am gonna massage my scalp.

So I'm gonna officially withdraw from this challenge. I will cut my hair to full SL in June to help with my transition (I'll be doing braids for the summer and it takes too long braiding mbl hair with extensions). I decided to officialy withdraw from all the long haired challenges to further push me towards cutting since I've been changing my mind back and forth for the past 3 month!

Good luck ladies and keep growing that beautiful hair! Hopefully I can join the waist length 2012 challenge as a natural!!!

Hi ladies!!

I finally hit WL about a month ago - I'm too lazy to update my siggy pic LOL.

My hair has a serious V and the lowest pt of my v is at my waist.

I've been taking 1000mg of MSM daily, using Indian powders weekly - Brahmi, Henna, Amla and Neem.

I've bunned a lot, cowashed and airdried, damp bunned and not worn my hair down too much - zero heat!! I oil my hair frequently, especially the ends.

My next goal is to just resist the scissors for 7 months and give myself a nice cut in early 2011 - like 12:01 am on New Year's Day!!

ugh i wanna join this challenge so bad! lol. if i am BSL by June, i am gonna be like "wth" and join. I am only about 1/2-1inch away and my hair has been growing over 1/2 a month for the last few months

Update

I've really been enjoying my hair for the past few weeks. I don't have any issues with single strand knots, or tangling. I was thinking to myself the other day that if my hair didn't grow another inch, I would still be incredibly happy with my current length.

I'm going to continue with this challenge, but I'm having some reservations. I ABSOLUTELY DETEST my layers, and would like to get rid of 4 inches to even out my hair and I think I have about 1' of splits. idk Do you guys think I should cut now?

Attachments

• IMG_4886.JPG
    IMG_4886.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4925.JPG
    IMG_4925.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4999.JPG
    IMG_4999.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_5463.JPG
    IMG_5463.JPG