~~~waist Length Dreams~~~ Challenge 2018

I too refuse to wear a long weave/wig. I want to actually have the long hair, and rather play with short weaves/wigs.

Been planning a weave for a few years, just coming around to having it done for the first time.

Like you @morgandenae I brought two wigs some years ago that still awaits me to wear them.
Maybe after this weave I have now will get me going. I really like to get crochet braids someday.

What's the name of the gel? TIA!

It's the Ouidad Hi-Defining Custard. It's 8 oz and pricey, but I've mastered using it. I got a month out of my jar and I wash my hair every 3 to 4 days. My hair is super thick, very dense, and MBLish stretched, but my hair actually drys by the end of day with this gel unlike other gels. It's has the same consistency and flaxseed gel too.

I am still wishing for waist length. I have a long way to go :cry3:

Same

54a78afca9ce1_-_tumblr_m4gjkdgajp1r3rcd2.gif

• Pre-poo'd overnight with AVJ spritz & Bye Bye Parabens Healing Oil.
  • DC'd for an hour under a heat cap with a mix of Honey's Handmade Yucca & Mango & Tulsi ayurvedic powder.
  • Shampoo'd with TJ Tea Tree, CW'd with TVO Apple Cleansing, Reconstructed with SSI Okra, 80% R/W with ACV & V05 Free Me Freesia.
  • LCOB'd with L = Jakeala Pineapple & LRC Shake 'n Go, C = Oyin Hair Dew, O = DIY mix, B = Hairitage Hydration Caramel Frappucino on scalp.

Ok. My hair was almost back to normal by Friday but I took no chances
  • I prepoo'd overnight with AOWC and grapeseed oil
  • Washed with baking soda
  • Confirmed with my moisturizing conditioner (Kenra)
  • Sealed with grapeseed oil and DB transitioning creme
  • Braided my hair while it was still very wet
It felt pretty good when I got out of the shower. If it's not back to normal after it dries, I'm not sure what I'll do next.

Today I:

Color
with Matrix Demi Permanent color in black
Shampoo with Macadamia Natural Oil Moisturizing Shampoo

Deep Condition with NG Marshmallow Root and Slippery Elm Conditioner - I really need some more of this conditioner and I will purchase the large jar next with the Mango and Coconut Conditioner as well.

Bunning damp hair using CRN Curl Maker under Wetline Xtreme Gel.
Seal with HQS Coconut Lime Oil

I should be using some of that Netwurks 21 Hair Revitalizer, but I'm a little tired tonight so I'll save it for tomorrow instead.

Hey Y'aaaaaaaaaaalll

So I haven't posted on here for a long time and I have a good reason for that. I moved to South Korea! :lots:I already had planned to move this year but I didn't think I was going to go as soon as I did! So yeah, I've been busy settling and what not but I've been here for almost three months and I have some good news and bad news about my hair!

So here are the good things and bad things South Korea/Moving to South Korea has done to my hair

Good Things- :love3:
  • I eat seaweed almost every day! I eat rice rolls often which is wrapped in seaweed and I eat rice that has seaweed bits that are already in it.
  • I wear my hair up EVERY DAY during the week. I would probably never be able to do that back home (I like wearing my hair down just a liiiiittle bit:biggrin:) but it's more because I have to....cuz y'all this humidity on another level....i just.....I can't. So yeah, i pretty much do protective styling every day.

Bad things-:nono:
  • At first I was really stressed so I know that couldn't have been good for the body and I wasn't talking aaaaaany vitamins or supplements. Now I found a women's multivitamin and I'm going to go back to take some biotin and MSM that I brought from the U.S.
  • So humidity usually means more moisturized hair but idk maneeee....it makes my hair frizz which is whatever i guess but it makes it DRY TOO!! That's what I have a problem with. So I'm just counting down the days until fall. Because of this dryness I've been trimming my ends very often which sucks :/

Despite all the bad I swear my hair has grown (retained length)!!! Which I'm really surprised...I think it's the seaweed :lol:Here's a comparison of a photo that I posted here from April and a photo I took last week. Both are the same style (ryler styler rollers set that's plaited at night) But yeah one step closer to being waist length/under the boob with a braid out/set :trampoline:

Changes I want to make: I want to eat healthier, go back to taking supplements daily, moisturize/baby my ends nightly, and start exercising.

Hopefully I'll be able to do another update either this week or next week!

*my pants were unbuckled in the pictures so that's the bulge in my shirt, just in case ya nosey :yep: lol and I didn't have time to crop my face in the last one so y'all gon deal

Attachments

• IMG_4981.JPG
    IMG_4981.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5485.JPG
    IMG_5485.JPG
    821.5 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_5486.JPG
    IMG_5486.JPG
    890 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_5487.JPG
    IMG_5487.JPG
    160 KB · Views: 90
Hey Y'aaaaaaaaaaalll

So I haven't posted on here for a long time and I have a good reason for that. I moved to South Korea! :lots:I already had planned to move this year but I didn't think I was going to go as soon as I did! So yeah, I've been busy settling and what not but I've been here for almost three months and I have some good news and bad news about my hair!

So here are the good things and bad things South Korea/Moving to South Korea has done to my hair

• I eat seaweed almost every day! I eat rice rolls often which is wrapped in seaweed and I eat rice that has seaweed bits that are already in it.
  • I wear my hair up EVERY DAY during the week. I would probably never be able to do that back home (I like wearing my hair down just a liiiiittle bit:biggrin:) but it's more because I have to....cuz y'all this humidity on another level....i just.....I can't. So yeah, i pretty much do protective styling every day.

• At first I was really stressed so I know that couldn't have been good for the body and I wasn't talking aaaaaany vitamins or supplements. Now I found a women's multivitamin and I'm going to go back to take some biotin and MSM that I brought from the U.S.
  • So humidity usually means more moisturized hair but idk maneeee....it makes my hair frizz which is whatever i guess but it makes it DRY TOO!! That's what I have a problem with. So I'm just counting down the days until fall. Because of this dryness I've been trimming my ends very often which sucks :/

Despite all the bad I swear my hair has grown (retained length)!!! Which I'm really surprised...I think it's the seaweed :lol:Here's a comparison of a photo that I posted here from April and a photo I took last week. Both are the same style (ryler styler rollers set that's plaited at night) But yeah one step closer to being waist length/under the boob with a braid out/set :trampoline:

Changes I want to make: I want to eat healthier, go back to taking supplements daily, moisturize/baby my ends nightly, and start exercising.

*my pants were unbuckled in the pictures so that's the bulge in my shirt, just in case ya nosey :yep: lol and I didn't have time to crop my face in the last one so y'all gon deal
Your hair looks great. And you have made a lot of progress since April. You're doing something right.

Hey Y'aaaaaaaaaaalll

Oweee! I gatta long looooong way to go! Just beautiful @CurlyRy

Your hair looks great. And you have made a lot of progress since April. You're doing something right.

Thank you ! And girl I just wish I could pinpoint it! :confused: In my head I'm going over all of the things I've done since then (last photo) and I'm like....what did it? lol

My hair is back to normal :yay:

I'm not sure if the shampoo is 100% to blame for the dryness. I think part of the problem is that I let it air dry too much while it was still loose. Drying in braids really helps my hair hold moisture. At any rate it will be a long time before I try that shampoo again.

My hair is back to normal :yay:

I'm not sure if the shampoo is 100% to blame for the dryness. I think part of the problem is that I let it air dry too much while it was still loose. Drying in braids really helps my hair hold moisture. At any rate it will be a long time before I try that shampoo again.
wooohooo! :yahoo:

It was probably a combination of both like you said. Sometimes it's a pain in the rump to prepoo and I don't really feel like it because I have to look like a greasy bald guy w my hair in a bun like that and sometimes go out like that like yesterday.
:lachen:

But it does protect my hair from shampoo and that's using a moisturizing sometimes low sulfate. On the other hand you can't beat the feeling of a clean scalp and I also think that is important and necessary for growth. My hair looks and behaves so nice when it's clean.

I know there is buildup from the cones in my conditioner wash (aussie) and probably also from my leave in. But I wash my hair every Sunday so my regimen has been working out as far as budget and everything else. Also my water rinses and then the braiding w no product in it has also been a little more "curly girl method" friendly.

:peace:

I know I'm a little late to the date but I just wanted to tell you that I absolutely love your new avatar. I was in suspense as to what you looked like and I think you are absolutely gorgeous! Great smile, beautiful face, and gorgeous shiny healthy hair.
:blush2: :rose:
Aww, that's so sweet of you to say so. Thank you so much :kiss:

Back