Waist Length 2012 Challenge

Ms. Tiki said:
I'm excited! Did an unofficial length check last night & I'm 3.5" from wl. I have to re-wash & flatiron tonight will post my official starting pic, finally.

I can't wait for the picture! :D

Ladies, I'm going to have to duck out on posting my pic. I had to use one of my old bras for contrast and the fat rolls that resulted are not cute.

Just a few update style photos. This is primarily how I wear my hair 95% of the time if I don't have it covered with a wig.

Attachments

• tn.jpg
    tn.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 76
  • Feb 5.jpg
    Feb 5.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 72
  • twist.jpg
    twist.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 80
I would like to join :drunk:! I am a newbie to LHCF (although I've been trolling for more or less two years :look: ) and I am currently MBL. I hope to make WL by the beginning or end of summer.

I've recently been playing around with products, but my regimen is basically:

wash 1x a week (currently using Shea Moisture sulfate-free shampoo)
DC at least 1x a week with ORS Replenishing Conditioner (staple light protein)
dust every 6-8 weeks
M&S with water, NTM Leave In, and fractionated coconut oil at least 1x a day
protective style 90% of time
cowash every so often (in the colder months it's whenever i feel like it, but in the really hot months i end up cowashing almost every day)

oh, and i'm 4b/c relaxed. my longest stretch has been 18 weeks. hope that's everything!

I had a baby 3 months ago and now the post baby shed has hit :-(. This shouldn't effect my length or progress getting to WL but I'm hoping it doesn't totally destroy my thickness. I will be doing a length check either today or tomorrow so I'll update my signature picture when I do.

My bangs seem to be splitting, I dont know why there is a resurgence of split ends. I did a dusting last night as well as an amla, brahmi treatment and cowashed with Shea Moisture Restorative conditioner and then left some in and sealed with Safflower oil. I'm thinking the last two months when I was on the beach and not taking care of my hair must have really damaged my ends. I hope to take a progress pic in March and see some growth.. le siggh

I updated my siggy with my 2 month length check. Surprisingly it looks like its thicker but I think that's because I only straightened on 342 degrees this time instead of my usual 400+, so my strands aren't bone straight. This is why I asked my hubby to pull it to show the true length.

Anyway I'm right on target with where I wanted to be so I'm happy. Hopefully by April I'll be an inch past BSL.

HHJ everyone!

Last edited:
Just an update ladies! I'm 10weeks post right now and I've gotten a good amount of growth. I blow-dried and flat-ironed as best I could. I wore it out for the weekend and now its cornrowed up again. I'm planning a 6month relaxer stretch. I've been wearing cornrows (no extensions) since Jan 1 and washing and redoing them every week.

1st pic: now
2nd pic: late dec

Attachments

• 10wk compare.jpg
    10wk compare.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
March length check @15. Also forgot to mention, this month is my 3 yr naptural anniversary as well as 2 yr BC.

Attachments

• March LC.JPG
    March LC.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I wanna do a length check the first week of april but I need someone to help me. My cousin really frustrates me because she measures my waist by my jeans. I'm tired of correcting her. I know damn well I don't have 5 1/2 more inches to go.

Phony pony with a long time kinky curly wig of mine. It can no longer fit over my entire head so I've found a new purpose for it.:yep:
Hair is in a twisted bun...

Attachments

• phony pony2.jpg
    phony pony2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 75
  • phony pony.jpg
    phony pony.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 75
  • phony pony3.jpg
    phony pony3.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 75
eocceas said:
Phony pony with a long time kinky curly wig of mine. It can no longer fit over my entire head so I've found a new purpose for it.:yep:
Hair is in a twisted bun...

Love!!!! I need something like this in my life! It looks like its yours!

I'm still protective styling and using sulfur to get some strands to WL by the end of the year. I have my eye on the prize!

So I did another trim like 2 days ago to even some hair up and I'm hoping I didnt cut off to much progress. I'll be taking a pic at the end of this month.

This year is going by pretty fast. Almost April. Can't wait to do a length check in June. Finally controlled my breakage from my last relaxer. Hopefully I can retain something by June. Then I can tell if WL will happen this year for me or not. HHG!!

Just updating briefly. I'm 4months post relaxer. Still have my hair in braids. I'm relaxing at the end of the month. Can't wait!!! My hair has grown a lot in 4months. I'll do an official length check after my relaxer. But I was redoing my braids last night and was pleasantly surprised at my length.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1978534208.jpg
    image-1978534208.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 112
  • image-4034171224.jpg
    image-4034171224.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 116
I was going to maintain at WL to even up my W shaped hem line but as my hair gets closer to WL I am leaning towards evening it up later... I just stretched and the points of my W are about 1 inch from WL.

Yes I think that's what I'm going to do, I might get a good trim at the end of the year.

I actually tried to take pictures last week but I dropped my camera and now its a paper weight :(

I hope you ladies are haveing a good end of the week!

I did a trim last month. I can't tell if there is lots of growth because I'm avoiding heat. I got heat damage from a salon visit back in November so now my twists and twistouts look like crap. I have to keep babying my hair, gradually grow it out, and trim away the damage.

I'll do an update photo in June. For now, it's lots of deep conditioning and protective styling.

Relaxer update!!! I got a relaxer today after 18weeks (4.5 months) and i'm so excited about the progress. 3inches in 4.5months. I went from the 9 to the 12. I'll take straight pics next time i wash, but i got it curled after the relaxer. I'm exactly 1in from WL (the 13 on the shirt). Can't wait!

Attachments

• dec11.jpg
    dec11.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC012162.jpg
    DSC012162.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC01225.jpg
    DSC01225.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 117
Back