Vote for YOUR flatiron and post a review!!!

Which flat iron has given you the BEST results?

• Maxiglide

Votes: 128 22.8%
  • CHI

Votes: 122 21.7%
  • FHI

Votes: 78 13.9%
  • T3

Votes: 9 1.6%
  • Sedu

Votes: 88 15.7%
  • Other ceramic iron (please list)

Votes: 83 14.8%
  • Other tourmaline iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%
  • Other iron (please list)

Votes: 27 4.8%

• Total voters
so whas the steam burst about?? My hair is short so I cant do the maxiglide thing its just too bulky for me to use. Any alternatives or suggestions ladies??

sky_blu said:
so whas the steam burst about?? My hair is short so I cant do the maxiglide thing its just too bulky for me to use. Any alternatives or suggestions ladies??

i just bought the "miniglide" and i love it. it's the baby version of the maxiglide (with no steam). it's tiny (about 1/2 inch) so it gets really close to the new growth. i used it on my daughters hair today before church and it's like WOW:eek:

I hate yall! :mad:

I searched for this thread because folica is having a free shipping and $10 off of any order over $50 offer and I am *sooooooooooooo* confused now.

What size iron does everyone have? I have an el cheapo 1" iron but I'm thinking that now my hair is longer I should get a bigger one?

baglady215 said:
What size iron does everyone have? I have an el cheapo 1" iron but I'm thinking that now my hair is longer I should get a bigger one?

I just purchased the 1 and a half inch sedu! My old one (hot tools) was two inches.

Sweetcoco82 said:
Now i am even more confused. :perplexed I dont know what to get. I plan on going completely natural. I need the best for natural hair. Not jsut touching up the roots between relaxers.

I love my FHI. Its SO easy to use that I can practically lay it against my scalp and never burn myself. I also have a maxiglide and that thing is too bulky I'm afraid to get close to my roots with it. Plus it smells funny when its hot.

Well, I just ordered the Maxiglide. I have natural 3c/4a/4b hair and I can't wait to see if the Maxiglide can handle this bush! I'll post results when I get it. :)

I voted for MG. I purchased it a few weeks ago based on reviews. I'm very pleased but I have nothing to compare it to.

Does anyone use heat protectants with your MG?

*UPDATE*

My friend just purchased a maxiglide and she's going to let me borrow it for my next wash. I'm going to use it in another week or two and I'll be able to post a comparison between the maxiglide and the sedu.

I am debating between the Sedu or Chi & now the FHI (thanks alot Sistaslick!! :mad: :spank: :lachen:)

I tried the Maxiglide & hated it....it made that horrible sizzling/frying sound when I used it on my hair.

To the ladies that have a Sedu: What is this I'm hearing about it getting too hot & burning your hands?

Last edited:
mikki727 said:
To the ladies that have a Sedu: What is this I'm hearing about it getting too hot & burning your hands?

I think if you press the plates together (by pressing the outsides) your fingers could get burned. BUT if you use it properly and hold the iron by the actual handles you'll be fine.

Browndilocks said:
I think if you press the plates together (by pressing the outsides) your fingers could get burned. BUT if you use it properly and hold the iron by the actual handles you'll be fine.

Ok.....I read a review & the buyer said the Sedu is very thin & if you touch it you will burn your hands.

I'm looking for deals on the net for the maxiglide and some specifically mention the DVD and others don't mention it at all. So does the DVD automatically always come with the iron or do have to buy it separately? Has anyone ever bought the iron and NOT get the DVD with it?

B0002Q9FKI.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

my beloved thermaglasss!!!!

Browndilocks said:

Exactly. I've never burned my hands with my SEDU, they were probably getting to close to the plates.

OKAY!!!! I got my MG the other day, but I'm wearing twists right now (for the rest of the month). I couldn't help it so I took down 2 twists and flatironed them. One stroke and it was silky straight. NOT CRISPY STRAIGHT! LOL I've used alot of different irons on alot of different textures... as far as I'm concerned the MG is "the truth" for naturals! I'm a 4a/b and it only took one stroke!!! When I do my entire head I will post before and after pics. Thanks to those that recommended it!

Shalilac said:
OKAY!!!! I got my MG the other day, but I'm wearing twists right now (for the rest of the month). I couldn't help it so I took down 2 twists and flatironed them. One stroke and it was silky straight. NOT CRISPY STRAIGHT! LOL I've used alot of different irons on alot of different textures... as far as I'm concerned the MG is "the truth" for naturals! I'm a 4a/b and it only took one stroke!!! When I do my entire head I will post before and after pics. Thanks to those that recommended it!

i could cry, i need a maxiglide!!!:look: keep us updated:p

I am interested in the tourmaline chi. Ive searched for it online but I cant find it. Where can I find the chi with tourmaline I am very interested. I am also checking out the fhi..I still dont know which one...who here has tried both and which do you like better. A friend of mine said they are both the same to her. -Melissa

Goodness!! MAXIGLIDE is killing the others. Well ladies who haven't decided yet, what is the hesitation.?? U can clearly see who is the BEST!!!!!!

This Is what I found on the web about the sedu !? I wonder if all this is true? This is from Misikko.com
Sedu flat iron

Misikko.com has decided not to carry the Sedu Flat Iron for several reasons involving the deceiving information Sedu uses to sell their flat iron.

1. The sedu flat iron does not meet our quality standards. After several complaints, testing and research, we have decided the sedu flat iron is not worth the price they are asking for. The exterior plastic of the sedu flat iron is very poor quality and allows too much heat to reach the exterior, so it gets to hot to even hold while using. This makes the sedu flat iron extremely dangerous to use. Also, the sedu flat iron does not have plate springs. Plate springs are essential to the mold of the flat iron because it allows pressure to be applied to straighten hair. As a result, the sedu flat iron will rip hair because there is no room for the plate to adjust to the heat and hair.

2. The sedu flat iron is advertised as being “As seen in Allure”. However, the term “as seen in allure” usually means that an editor has chosen to feature it. This is not true of the sedu flat iron. Sedu paid to have an advertisement on the last page of Allure Magazine so they think that it qualifies as being “as seen in Allure”. The context of this phrasing is deceiving, as it has never been featured by any editors of Allure for any reason.

3. The sedu company claims the sedu flat iron is used by celebrities including Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez. This is simply not true. Sedu uses celebrities without their consent, to profit from them. Jennifer Aniston’s hairstylist, Chris McMillan contributes regularly to Allure Magazine and states he only uses the T3 flat iron line on Jennifer Aniston (as seen in articles below). Anywhere on the internet it says that Jennifer Aniston uses the sedu flat iron – these websites are owned by sedu to falsely advertise.

4. Any website that advertises rave reviews for the sedu flat iron is owned by sedu. If you try to purchase, it will go straight to folica.com – the manufacturer of the sedu flat iron.

5. Lastly (and most disturbing), we've been notified by previous sedu flat iron customers that when a customer purchases the sedu flat iron, folica offers a $5 credit if the customer writes a good review about it. Therefore, anywhere on the internet you see a good review is most likely a customer being PAID to write a biased review for monetary rewards. We believe that no brand should have to PAY for good reviews - good reviews should be written voluntarily. This is an extremely sleazy business practice which we refuse to take part in.

Because of all this information that has been brought to our attention, misikko.com refuses to carry the sedu flat iron.

To purchase the flat iron Jennifer Aniston as well as other celebrities REALLY use, please take a look at our selection of t3 tourmaline flat irons by clicking here.
THAT WHY i HAVE THE T3!!

Last edited:
aliajp said:
This Is what I found on the web about the sedu !? I wonder if all this is true? This is from Misikko.com
Sedu flat iron

Misikko.com has decided not to carry the Sedu Flat Iron for several reasons involving the deceiving information Sedu uses to sell their flat iron.

1. The sedu flat iron does not meet our quality standards. After several complaints, testing and research, we have decided the sedu flat iron is not worth the price they are asking for. The exterior plastic of the sedu flat iron is very poor quality and allows too much heat to reach the exterior, so it gets to hot to even hold while using. This makes the sedu flat iron extremely dangerous to use. Also, the sedu flat iron does not have plate springs. Plate springs are essential to the mold of the flat iron because it allows pressure to be applied to straighten hair. As a result, the sedu flat iron will rip hair because there is no room for the plate to adjust to the heat and hair.

2. The sedu flat iron is advertised as being “As seen in Allure”. However, the term “as seen in allure” usually means that an editor has chosen to feature it. This is not true of the sedu flat iron. Sedu paid to have an advertisement on the last page of Allure Magazine so they think that it qualifies as being “as seen in Allure”. The context of this phrasing is deceiving, as it has never been featured by any editors of Allure for any reason.

3. The sedu company claims the sedu flat iron is used by celebrities including Jennifer Aniston and Jennifer Lopez. This is simply not true. Sedu uses celebrities without their consent, to profit from them. Jennifer Aniston’s hairstylist, Chris McMillan contributes regularly to Allure Magazine and states he only uses the T3 flat iron line on Jennifer Aniston (as seen in articles below). Anywhere on the internet it says that Jennifer Aniston uses the sedu flat iron – these websites are owned by sedu to falsely advertise.

4. Any website that advertises rave reviews for the sedu flat iron is owned by sedu. If you try to purchase, it will go straight to folica.com – the manufacturer of the sedu flat iron.

5. Lastly (and most disturbing), we've been notified by previous sedu flat iron customers that when a customer purchases the sedu flat iron, folica offers a $5 credit if the customer writes a good review about it. Therefore, anywhere on the internet you see a good review is most likely a customer being PAID to write a biased review for monetary rewards. We believe that no brand should have to PAY for good reviews - good reviews should be written voluntarily. This is an extremely sleazy business practice which we refuse to take part in.

Because of all this information that has been brought to our attention, misikko.com refuses to carry the sedu flat iron.

To purchase the flat iron Jennifer Aniston as well as other celebrities REALLY use, please take a look at our selection of t3 tourmaline flat irons by clicking here.
THAT WHY i HAVE THE T3!!

Thats is a bunch of BS!! I bought the SEDU from Folica and they never said anything about a 5 dollar credit. This sounds extremely suspect to me, I almost have a hunch that this came from a CHI spokesperson because they are getting such a bad rep on FOLICA, MUA and other CREDITABLE review sites.

Awwwww man....now I don't what flat iron to get! I should never have read this thread! *Sighs and shakes head in confusion*:confused:

secretdiamond said:
I'm looking for deals on the net for the maxiglide and some specifically mention the DVD and others don't mention it at all. So does the DVD automatically always come with the iron or do have to buy it separately? Has anyone ever bought the iron and NOT get the DVD with it?

Bumping for a response.........

bump bump. now i want to know which is better. maxiglide or miniglide. is the steam burst really that good? if its not, ill just get the miniglide. im a 4a/4b natural by the way

toosexy1 said:
bump bump. now i want to know which is better. maxiglide or miniglide. is the steam burst really that good? if its not, ill just get the miniglide. im a 4a/4b natural by the way

To me The steam is the best thing about it. If it wasn't for that, I'd get a regular ole flat iron from Walmart.

Back