Valentines Day 2014 - What are your plans?

Yay, I'm going to Jamaica mon! Never been, hope to have a blast or at least an interesting, relaxing time. This will be my Valentines/My Birthday/My husbands birthday (we're both Aquarians) trip!

Not exactly sure what we will do! He asked me yesterday if we can have a "chilled out v-day", meaning, stay in that night. All fine by me! I've never had a memorable Valentines Day in my life while in a relationship, and have never been a fan, so maybe I have super low expectations. He is the first guy I've been with and have been excited about spending that evening together though.

I did tell him one rule though: we have to have v-day weekend at his place. I host him all the time and I need be the guest!

I'm heading to DC to spend time with friends I haven't seen in a while...and to spend some time around non-hood black folks.

I have an actual boo (finally), but I'm not into Vday tbh. I just want to get some grub, a drink, then cuddle.

My plans have changed since my geek club is having a game night. It should be pretty fun.

OMG! My period came yesterday! My prayers worked! I will be period-free right on Valentine's Day! YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know yet DH just said be packed for the weekend and be ready to go by 2pm on Friday.

As long as it's not another expensive damn basket of stuff I don't really like I'm cool with it.

Valentine's Day is also our anniversary and we pretty much do the same thing every year: gift exchange, fancy dinner, movie, and sex.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using LHCF

Speaking of buying myself gifts, I was about to share what I bought myself to my coworkers and they were like oh what did your mom buy you? People are so ridiculous when they find out someone is single.

What types of gifts are you giving your SO/DH? I was planning to make a basket of sweets and buy him a wallet :look:

We have been dating for under a year, but this is our first valentines day celebration. I am a big slacker in the gifts category. Do you think my idea is sufficient? Any other gift ideas for new but amazing relationships to show appreciation/like/love? :grin:

What types of gifts are you giving your SO/DH? I was planning to make a basket of sweets and buy him a wallet :look:

We have been dating for under a year, but this is our first valentines day celebration. I am a big slacker in the gifts category. Do you think my idea is sufficient? Any other gift ideas for new but amazing relationships to show appreciation/like/love? :grin:

Sounds good to me. I've been with my SO for about 7 months now, I'm making him strawberry heart shaped sugar cookies and giving him one of those big Reese's hearts. He loves sweets so that will make his day lol.

Have no clue what he has up his sleeve, but something's planned for Fri and sat. I've never had a good Valentines, so my expectations aren't very high. Hoping for the best though.

Back