Valentines Day 2014 - What are your plans?

Thanks for your input ladies!!!

Anyone else want to share??????

BlairWaldorf I purchased a living social deal for dance lessons so we will be trying that soon. Let us know how it goes :)

Well this is my first Valentine's Day EVER (meaning I'm actually in a relationship for the holiday, pretty sad, right?) and I really can't wait. But I really don't expect much, just dinner...among other things :blush:

I guess I am just really pumped for dinner. I have this black dress, some red heels...ooh I can't wait!

We are going to apply for our marriage license that day. That night we will have dinner at Carrabba's Italian grill . We have dinner there every V-day!!

Dinner at our favorite restaurant.
And a weekend getaway to our favorite beach town. He always gets me nice things. Sweet, thoughtful things that I sometimes take for granted. 30 years now of always being remembered on Valentine's Day. How lucky I am :). What a blessing.

It was going to be a complete surprise...until this fool today casually texted me if there were any spas that I like this afternoon. Lol fail!

I'm excited tho. Last year I got dumped on Valentine's Day so I deserve a good one lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Well this is my first Valentine's Day EVER (meaning I'm actually in a relationship for the holiday, pretty sad, right?) and I really can't wait. But I really don't expect much, just dinner...among other things :blush: I guess I am just really pumped for dinner. I have this black dress, some red heels...ooh I can't wait!

drmuffin

I loved your post. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to read an update. I hope you have a really great, romantic Valentine's Day.

I'm excited because we're going out to dinner LOL. We barely get to go out since we're both in school.

I'm also excited because I got a few goodies for the night :sekret:

I bought my SO $80 worth of used books in good condition from abesbooks.com. I bought him some of my Black Literature faves. This is probably the most thoughtful/selfless gift I've ever given because I still need to work on building my library collection and here I am buying over 20 books for someone else :ohwell: I still haven't figures out how I'm gonna wrap them up and everything.

drmuffin

I loved your post. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to read an update. I hope you have a really great, romantic Valentine's Day.

Thanks hopeful

I feel rather silly seeing as how I'm 26 and just now having a date for VDay. I used to be like, "Oh, how I hate Valentine's Day! It's a pointless, meaningless holiday!" But now I realize I was just being a hater! :look: :lol:

Now that I'm with my boyfriend and finally know what it's like to be loved, I'm about to milk this puppy for all it's worth! I'm trying to think of all the little sappy things that we can do. Since it's my first one, I want to make it count. I'll cool my jets for the next couple of VDays. I'll be back with the deets!

me and my sisters now have a legit bachelorette pad so we'll more than likely turn up to some degree

Do you guys actually get your SO something? :look: i had no plans to, with my selfish self. i mean, i am the present. :look:

wonder what hopeful does, her dynamic is so sweet and similar to what i want out of my relationship.

I was talking to him last night and he told me that since he was covering our trip later this month he didn't think he would be able to afford to do something nice for V-day. I wasn't mad about it but I wasn't happy either... :lol:, and now he says I'm spoiled. :ohwell:

Oh well lol.

I just talked to SO about this. He made a joke about eating cereal at my house. Smh

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

So I found out that the real plan is a weekend trip. There is an art museum in a city a few hours away that I've been wanting to go to. Well played SO. Maybe we'll go to a show while we're there too.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

Do you guys actually get your SO something? :look: i had no plans to, with my selfish self. i mean, i am the present. :look:

wonder what hopeful does, her dynamic is so sweet and similar to what i want out of my relationship.

Well he wants tie clips and a crowbar (he's a weird one :spinning:) so I'm waiting til pay day hits tomorrow and see if I can get those for him. Found a set of 8 clips for $15 on Amazon. Hope he likes them!

Do you guys actually get your SO something? :look: i had no plans to, with my selfish self. i mean, i am the present. :look: wonder what hopeful does, her dynamic is so sweet and similar to what i want out of my relationship.

I don't get my dh much for Valentine's Day. Yes, I agree, we are the present :yep:. I will get him a sweet card and be extra sweet to him, and gush over my gifts:). Last year I bought some sexy lingerie for Valentine's Day. I will wear one of them Friday or Saturday night and make him very happy:) :blush:.

Last edited:
No plans for the 14th but got an invite to a single gals evening valentine dinner for the 15th. We are all over 30. Got excited since we all get to dress up till I read the part about the couple who will join us to give advice on relationships. They found love and got married at 52 yrs old for the first time so we shouldn't give up. :cry:. I gotta wait another 10 plus years? :nono: Oh well, I'll still go but :perplexed......

Last edited:
We're going to our favorite Thai Sushi Bar and after that we'll do a horse carriage ride around the square.

A lady I know sells Avon and I never buy Avon but was surprised to find that I really liked the smell of the fragrance for men called Driven by Derek Jeter, so I got him some and will give it to him with a card.

No plans for the 14th but got an invite to a single gals evening valentine dinner for the 15th. We are all over 30. Got excited since we all get to dress up till I read the part about the couple who will join us to give advice on relationships. They found love and got married at 52 yrs old for the first time so we shouldn't give up. :cry:. I gotta wait another 10 plus years? :nono: Oh well, I'll still go but :perplexed......

Have Faith!! Love can be worth the wait

I ordered 12 red roses and luxury chocolate to be delivered to me. Now I'm currently trying to find a huge teddybear to buy. lol. Then hanging out with a fellow single friend to celebrate SAD (Single Awareness Day) aka Valentines Day. LOL

I've been extra nice, cooking special things and giving little gifts. On the big day, I'm stealing the idea about doing a little dance for him. Mainly because it sounds like fun for me. I love to perform. I found a youtube video with some really cute chereography. I'm not sure about the ones though, but I guess I'll get them back.

No clue what he's planning. He hasn't even mentioned valentine's day and I'm not asking him.

LOL DH has problems. He wants to take me to Fogo de Chao but I really just want to stay home and have a conversation about love and how important is to your family, strangers & the world.

Pomp & circumstance can come later.

Back