Valentine's Day is in less than a month...

I usually just pick up Dh a little something, make a sweet he likes or purchase something naughty. We don't make it a big deal.

Only 1 year did we go all out whenn we were dating. Went out to a romantic dinner and I had the place all decked out when we got back to have desert at home. Frilly pink hearts everywhere, plush blankets and pillows on the floor, naughty games and toys laid out and a sign on the door that said Love Shack :grin:

I told yall, I'm being more proactive and less reactive.

Single ladies, how are y'all feelin'? I'm feeling fine. I still get lonely at times, but it's cool. My prince charming will come when I become his princess after working on me

This is me right here:yep::yep::yep:

Very much looking forward to V-Day. It's nice seeing other people looking happy/in love. I hope it won't get to me though:lol: because I really do love the day.

I've neve celebrated Valentine's Day I think its just overrated. Not to mention way too crowded to actually go out on a date. I will be watching DH play ball in some tournament for the weekend

I'm single but I think somebody likes me lol! We'll see if I get a card or something. Besides that..my little girl will be valentine.

I'm married. Although we have always celebrated V-day, we don't believe in spending a whole bunch of money for this day (i.e buying pricey jewelry) because we give each other stuff all throughout the year..we don't have any definite plans, but it is already understood that we are going out that night..

i haven't celebrated v-day in years! LOL...that says a lot...its just another day to me. I think its on a sat. this year, so I'll be in the house catching up on my sleep.

But what i love BEST about v-day....is the day after....cuz alll the candy is like 85% off. soooo i don't know what ya'll doin on the 14th...but I know where i'll be on the 15th.....C V S. lol

This is what Valentine's Day means to me....clearance chocolate.:grin: I'm married and stopped celebrating a few years ago. I just didn't see the point in picking one day to express your love because that's what Hallmark says we should do. I prefer something a little more personal.:yep:

Never had a valentine... Just another day to me... Although, a guy at one of my jobs did give all the ladies heart shaped boxes of candy that was sweet...

I thought I was the only one. I almost broke down in Walgreens the other day! :cry3::cry3::cry3:

*tear* I totally understand. I just broke up with my boyfriend! The ironic part is, Valentines Day 2007, I was single and content. When I was with him in 08, that was the worst Valentines Day of my life. I'm not sure what I'm doing this year, but I definitely should have something planned to get my mind off of being alone. C'mon ladies cheer up! We'll think of something :)

I love when valentines day comes around...all the stores sell lots of pink, lovey dovey heart shaped things lol...

I don't specifically celebrate valentines day or think it is any more important than any other day....I've been blessed to have been shown expressions of love all thru out the year alot of my life.....and I tend to show express it in different ways on any given day to somebody

Tiara--are those really your arms? They look freaking amazing!!!

For me? I'm in a "relationship" but it really doesn't seem like it. My So is always busy with work and I've been seeing more of the gym, movies, and friends than I have him. The weird thing is that I don't really seem to be that sad about not seeing him so much, which makes me wonder if there's really any point...:rolleyes:

In Japan, Valentine's Day is all backwards. It's for the men. Yes. No joke. And then on March 14, White Day, the women get their chocolate.:nono:

I've heard that in Korea there's a Black Day on April 14, where men and women who got nothing on both Valentines and White Day, go out and eat special Black ramen...dunno bout that.

This year not doing a damn thing for either...I might treat myself to a pedicure.:look:

I usually have nothing to do on V-day, but this year I will. He better do something nice, too! But I'm trying to decide what I should do for him. hmmmmm. Maybe I can make him a romantic dinner. But I don't do romance very well, and I do dinner even worse, haha. I'll have to practice.

In Japan, Valentine's Day is all backwards. It's for the men. Yes. No joke. And then on March 14, White Day, the women get their chocolate.

I've heard that in Korea there's a Black Day on April 14, where men and women who got nothing on both Valentines and White Day, go out and eat special Black ramen...dunno bout that.

That's totally true. Valentine's Day for girls to give gifts to the boys they like, White Day for boys to give gifts to the girls they like, and Black day to eat "jjajjangmyun", a Korean version of a Chinese (supposedly) dish.

Last edited:
I usually get sad around v-day.. I am with a guy but i am wasting time with himParticularly since i am always single and my birthday is the day before. I try to do something nice for myself and son.

I have some single friends i am gonna kick it with.... have a good time and just enjoy being single

Single lady here. I was never "in to" valentine's day...even when I was in a relationship. I would just go through the motions because my bf wanted to celebrate it.

It will just be another day to me. I'm used to taking myself out on the regular (movies, dinner, shopping, long walks...) so I'm not gonna front and treat myself "extra special" on that day.

Eh...it is what it is. LOL

But to all of you who will be celebrating...ENJOY YOURSELVES!!!!!!!

I'm married, and I can't stand Valentines Day. :look: Never liked it, never have. DH, on the other hand, is a stone cold romantic, so I know he's going to do something, and I'll have to do something as well, otherwise I'll get the mopeface. *sigh* I guess I need to start thinking about that, eh?

Single lady checkin in :grin:

A lot can happen in three weeks...

I may take a train ride to Chicago...it's a 3 day weekend.
I may go on a date...my dating partner is scheduled to be out of town at a conference :nono:, but I met someone new this weekend so we'll see what happens there :yep:.
I may lounge around on my couch with a bottle of champagne and some chocolates :lick: watching movies drifting in and out of sleep.

Who knows!!??

Whatever I decide, I won't be moping around that's for sure!!!

I love Valentine's Day, especially cause it's my birthday. My SO will come to visit me that weekend too.

I'm also going to fix the scrapbook of the guy I'm dating. It doesn't seem like much but both of his parents passed away unexpectedly 2 yrs. ago and when he was showing me this photo album, I noticed, it needs work...

Any romantic plans I'll leave up to him.

Last year we went to Peter Lugers and it was cold... and I ate so much I almost got sick trying to finish that "steak for two" with him. >_>

We drove around a lot because he brought his car down from Buffalo so that was nice. =)

This year I'm thinking sushi at Yasuda. Not really planning anything crazy, just want to be with him and cuddle.

why am i in the relationship thread? I broke up with my BF 3 weeks ago. He keeps calling and i don't answer. I have to turn my phone off on V day so i don't feel weak:ohwell:

I feel happy being single. I will get a gift for my 9 year old son and 21 year old daughter (like i do every year) and be happy about it. It's on a Saturday, so I'll probably go to the movies with my son. Better than last year. I was having surgery on V day...

Back