Valentine's Day

We're celebrating our love on Saturday AND Tuesday :look:.

I'm going to make him breakfast and plan a picnic for us on Saturday. Almost every durn weekend he says "Great day for a picnic, huh?". So I'm giving him one :rolleyes:. I'll bake a cake too. I might throw in those coupons that Ediese mentioned... great idea :up:. But only the ones that require minimal effort on my part...and not too many :look:.

On Tuesday, I'll give him a scrap book of sorts with early dating pics, journal entries, a letter/poem to him (I guess I'm trying to be deep)...y'know the usual scrap book stuff. Dude is gonna love the heck outta that :rolleyes:. He's, like, romantic and stuff :lol:. Maybe he can take out some of the memorabilia he's been saving in his already-overstuffed wallet and stick it in the book.

Well, thems the plans :yawn:.

we've only been official for a few weeks now. (yes the same guy that i have previously talked about in so many threads :wallbash:...sue me...) he likes these nasty pilsbury cookies in the freezer aisle. that or maybe a nice shirt for church...*shrugs* he hasn't mentioned anything so im not going putting much effort...

got him cologne today. never got him cologne before. also, i did a blow out (see siggy). breaking a no heat challenge is a gift. believe me. :lol:

I bought furture DH some cologne (that I want to smell on him :lick:), some jeans and a shirt, and some binoculars.But he loved it all. I also bought him some nice lounge pants while we were out shopping today. I was having a hard time with what to give when since our wedding day is February 24, AND his birthday is March 6.

I really don't like Valentines day. I am not romantic at all. I know you don't have to be all gushy and romantic but that day in general is not for us.

But he better be celebrating our love everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Friday's date was fun. We saw The Vow, got burgers and fries, then saw The Grey. I really liked both movies. The Vow was deeper than I expected and The Grey had more tenderness than I expected. Both made me cry.

I am making him a gag gift, singing some Millie Jackson and reciting foul homespun poetry.
I was looking for Fred Sanford smoking jacket as a part of the gift. At first I was going to do Hugh Hefner but hell I like Fred's ole arse better. I wanna be the junkman's wench!

I am making him a gag gift, singing some Millie Jackson and reciting foul homespun poetry.
I was looking for Fred Sanford smoking jacket as a part of the gift. At first I was going to do Hugh Hefner but hell I like Fred's ole arse better. I wanna be the junkman's wench!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: loves it!

InchHighPrivateEye said:
I've been meaning to look for a muffin pan that makes heart shaped muffins because I wanted to do something super corny like make heart shaped muffins. He's a healthnut but likes sweets and I have a low calorie recipe...and he thinks I don't do stuff like that, so I wanted to do it. And I really want to get basketball tickets because I think that would be a fun date, but I checked out the price and I don't want crappy seats but I don't want to spend a lot and look like a lame either, so I'll probably just skip that and get a pack of tennis balls because he's always saying we should play tennis and I look at him like this :ohwell:

Oh, and ona superficial note, I've been in a bun lately, so I plan to have my hair looking superfly. And I have a freakum pencil skirt that I've been dying to wear, so :look:

@InchHighPrivateEye I saw on pinterest that you can use a regular muffin pan and drop a marble on the side to make your muffins heart shaped. ETA: added the pic

Attachments

• 64668944618776217_6qshWFFc_c.jpg
    64668944618776217_6qshWFFc_c.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
i baked him heart shaped chocolate chip cookes :lick:, heart brownies nd a heart shaped frame with our pic :-).. nd put it in a heart shaped gift basket thing. (in total about 10 bucks but i know he loveeees my cooking)
i love everything heartsy. going to send it in the mail on monday cause i forgot to wake up earlier today :rolleyes:

i hope he gets me those purple flowers he sent me before. they went so well with my decor

are you guys celebrating this weekend or next? i thought it would be this weekend but now that im looking at this thread again it doesnt seem like you guys are doing anything this weekend.

we are going to a movie in my neck of the woods tomorrow. we discussed whether to do valentines day tuesday, or hang out next weekend. i have a thing on tuesday, and im probably going to get my period next weekend :lol: so i said it's up to him. so he says hed rather do the weekend so that we have more time to spend together than just the one day.

i wonder what hes going to do :infatuated:

i got him a card, and am thinking of getting some joke chocolates, like those ridiculous ones with twilight on the box that come with a cullen crest necklace :lol: because other than that, i really have no ideas. i thought about buying him a gift but it would be expensive knowing the way i shop (clothes or shoes or something utilitarian), and im not really trying to do that...

Hummm hubs is working late, so I will take a nap and be ready when he gets home. Low-key since we are saving up now. I'm thinking of making a heart-shaped quiche or rolled chicken, with chocolate dipped strawberries...oh and champange of course!

Last night went well. I surprised him with two small Valentine's ice cream cakes. Got new deep red sheets for our bed and three negligees so he could pick his favorite. He picked the pink one:). Tonight we go out to dinner at one our favorite restaurants. He made the reservations and spoke to the chef about making one of our favorite dishes.

hopeful said:
Last night went well. I surprised him with two small Valentine's ice cream cakes. Got new deep red sheets for our bed and three negligees so he could pick his favorite. He picked the pink one:). Tonight we go out to dinner at one our favorite restaurants. He made the reservations and spoke to the chef about making one of our favorite dishes.

How Sweet!!!

My SO lives out of state so he'll probably send me flowers or chocolate covered strawberries. He always told me Valentine's day was a special day for women. So I won't be buying him a gift. :look: But I will tell him how much I love and appreciate him.

My boyfriend's boss is a prick, so his boss decided he should take the whole week off to be with his wife, so he doesn't have the day off.

I hear a lot of people say valentines is for women but men like to feel special too, so I got him something but men are very hard to shop for because it seems everything is to feminine for them to get, but valentines day will be no different then any other day because we always go out together and show each other how much we appreciate one another, even now I'm on the phone with him and he is sleep and I'm listening to him sleep :) <3

YasashiiSekai said:
My boyfriend's boss is a prick, so his boss decided he should take the whole week off to be with his wife, so he doesn't have the day off.

Jobs be acting like employees don't have a life outside of work smh, kharma will come back believe that!

This past friday, my SO came home with a pretty little bag from tiffany's that i was FORBIDDEN to touch until saturday at dinner- a very pretty new necklace. We had a delish meal at perry's steakhouse- i'm still salivating. I love valentines!

Last edited:
I got Kevin Hart tickets for the both of us, and he's taking me out to dinner and surprising me on what he is giving me. He knows I don't like flowers, chocolates, cards so hopefully he gets me something on my Nordstrom wish list :look:

Yall are so lovey dovey... I can't take it. We didn't do squat... His birthday is at the end of the month and our anniversary is March 5th.

We don't do V-day anyway. We celebrate days that mean something to us...
March 5th anniversary
June 3rd- day he came back from 18 month tour in Iraq
Birthdays
New Year's Eve Proposal
1st weekend in April- first date

I like the ideas though... I may use some for our anniversary

These are some great ideas ladies, my bf and I are long distance also but he's coming tomorrow to spend the weekend his bday is next weds, but he sent me roses and were having a couples spa day mani/pedi/ massages early Friday and later that nite is my gift dinner a sexy dance with my new portable pole and lingerie and dessert :-)

I'm so happy he loved his rug. It was actually the thing I loved the most about V's Day....his reaction to his gift was great. :)

I got my man a card. We are pretty new so I think it was appropriate.

We stayed in for the night. I came home to a clean house and a wonderful dinner. The night ended with him giving me a massage and a very happy ending.

Back