Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

Che, I see that you have the Curl Junkie Repair Me. I want to try that conditioner one day since it has keratin in it. I prefer to use protein conditioners that have keratin rather than the other proteins.

Hey all just woke up:look: ik. I found 3 packages out back. I felt like ms. celie finding netties letters:lol:. I got the big doo doo, my replacement oil and a package from ltown (thanks lady). Still haven't rinsed my dc out yet.

I finished a bottle of oyin's honey wash today. Its definitely going to be a repurchase. I have a bottle of oyin's new dew and Ill use it next wash day.

Che, I see that you have the Curl Junkie Repair Me. I want to try that conditioner one day since it has keratin in it. I prefer to use protein conditioners that have keratin rather than the other proteins.

PrissPot, what kinda foundations are you loving recently?

PrissPot, what kinda foundations are you loving recently?

Lately, I've been experimenting with my Meow Cosmetics mineral foundation samples. I actually just received my full-size foundation in the mail today (yay!). You get a LOT of product for like $20 (3oz to be exact), and they fill it to the brim. I'm liking this foundation so far.

As far as liquid, I'd have to say Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Spf. It doesn't break me out, and it looks good in flash photography. Since I bought the MAC ProLongwear foundation, I put the Bobbi Brown to the side, but now I've started back w/ the Bobbi Brown and I realized how much I missed it. I'll more than likely be repurchasing it.

SN: I received my Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade in the mail today too! It smells delicious. The last BSP I had was a 4oz, but it was gritty and the smell was very faint (Oyin later addressed the mistake with the lack of fragrance in one of the batches). So I never used that BSP that much. But now I have a new, non-gritty, highly fragrant one, so I'm happy :D

ETA: The MAC ProLongwear concealer is awesome. I like pairing that w/ the Bobbi Brown.

Last edited:
how are you using their BSP?

SN: I received my Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade in the mail today too! It smells delicious. The last BSP I had was a 4oz, but it was gritty and the smell was very faint (Oyin later addressed the mistake with the lack of fragrance in one of the batches). So I never used that BSP that much. But now I have a new, non-gritty, highly fragrant one, so I'm happy :D

Going to the hookah bar tonight with friends. The only con is the smoke getting in my hair. I'm gonna walk out with my hair smelling like mint flavored smoke and pancake syrup.

2011 I am focusing on my skin and on my fitness level. After these two knee surgeries I will be able to start jogging in addition to my weight training. I will be in the best shape of my life.

I am only buying makeup at the makeup show in May and at the Sephora friends and family sale in Nov.

I am trying to get my skin together. When I got off BC pills it make my face go crazy. I'm doing peels and using Tazorac. It already looks 50 percent better.

I am gonna be on maintenance mode for my hair. If it doesn't get any longer I don't care. So I am gonna have fun with it.

Going to the hookah bar tonight with friends. The only con is the smoke getting in my hair. I'm gonna walk out with my hair smelling like mint flavored smoke and pancake syrup.

Do you have any oyin sprays? On one of empressri's videos she said it helps with smoke.

Do you have any oyin sprays? On one of empressri's videos she said it helps with smoke.

I was thinking about getting a spray, but I didn't. I actually wanted to get the body moisturizing spray that had honey in it and use it for my hair. I'm gonna have to look into getting either that or one of the juices. I've used the Juices 'N Berries years ago, but never repurchased it.

2011 I am focusing on my skin and on my fitness level. After these two knee surgeries I will be able to start jogging in addition to my weight training. I will be in the best shape of my life.

I am only buying makeup at the makeup show in May and at the Sephora friends and family sale in Nov.

I am trying to get my skin together. When I got off BC pills it make my face go crazy. I'm doing peels and using Tazorac. It already looks 50 percent better.

I am gonna be on maintenance mode for my hair. If it doesn't get any longer I don't care. So I am gonna have fun with it.

Great goals, i need to focus on fitness and eating healthier also. When i eat healthier and move around i feel better.:yep: I have also started journal writing again to help relieve stress and taking more me time.

I finished an SSI Okra (yes, I have backups) and an Avocado & Silk. I have one more use left of my BFH Shea Mango Tea mask. Love it!! I love how my hair feels after rinsing this out.

My 2nd BFH order came today, thank goodness. Has anyone used the Shea Almond Coconut conditioner? My hair is coconut-wary. I forgot this was in the Shea Mango 3/20.95 set.

Imma also concentrate on eating a little better in the NYear as well as continue to work on getting both my hair & finances together.:grin:

I was doing really well on eating, but started going to alot of business lunch dates and making 'bad' menu choices so....I will focus on that.:spinning:

In fact, while I'm off for next 2 weeks Imma try to get my eating together and try to drop about 5 lbs before returning to work on the 3rd.

Imma also concentrate on eating a little better in the NYear as well as continue to work on getting both my hair & finances together.:grin:

I was doing really well on eating, but started going to alot of business lunch dates and making 'bad' menu choices so....I will focus on that.:spinning:

In fact, while I'm off for next 2 weeks Imma try to get my eating together and try to drop about 5 lbs before returning to work on the 3rd.
I need to do the same thing as well. I eat way too much candy.

I need to be on your plan. I had done so well over the summer with my fitness routine, working up to completing my first 5k at the end of Sept. After I finished that goal in September, I fell off when I started working nights in the beginning of Oct. Over the past few weeks, I've started back working out on the regular, and it feels good to be doing it too. When you do better, you feel better.

As far as the skin thing, my acne went crazy when I got off BC. The only thing that helps with my skin now is keeping a very simple skincare regimen, taking Omega 3-6-9 pills to regulate hormone imbalances, and drinking plenty of water. I have a few dark marks that I'm working on fading.

When it comes to hair, my plans are to keep single strand knots to a bare minimum. I'm doing well with that now since I keep my hair stretched. I've only done one wash 'n go in the past 2 months. I'm gonna continue to take advantage of the cold weather by wearing my stretched styles, cause there's no guarantee that I will be able to keep this up once it gets hot. I swim regularly in the warmer months, so co-washing regularly and bunning (while wet) becomes a staple for me.

Back