Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

I got DH a MacBook Pro for his wedding gift since he had been crying for one.. he does love it.. but don't you know I could've bought 2 PC's for that price. He loves it. I originally had gotten him the Macbook Air but his "friend" told him the pro was better so he exchanged it.

I didn't get the Apple Care.. he on his own for that.. it was already too dangon high...

I am staying PC! I'm not drinking the Apple koolaid no matter how sweet and delish it may be.

Fab, let me break it down to ya,
1. Yes, the pro is better.
2. Tell him to get Apple Care. He can only do it within the first 1yr before the default warranty is up). It's only around 100-150 mo
3. I used to be juuust like you...I though Macs were overpriced bs. And, then, my dell broke and the customer service was ***.
4. So, I gathered my pennies, dimes, and dollars and made the purchase. This will be my third year. Im in :love:

ETA: applecare is more like 250 more now. oops. still worth it imo

Last edited:
:lol: mama T. Stick with your pc. But, if there is ever a need to replace...you know what to do.
And, fab...pass that 20% discount shawty :sekret: Have me spending my rebate money. lol.

I don't buy Apple being better. When I buy a new laptop, I usually end up researching for MONTHS, and I always find a better PC than the current Mac Pro out. I talked to my computer technician and he was telling me they have to repair Apples ALL the time, and they actually use the same hardware (Intel chips) as PCs...the only difference is PCs get more viruses because they are more popular and hackers take the time to make the viruses for them. If Apple became more popular, the exact same thing would happen.

I don't buy Apple being better. When I buy a new laptop, I usually end up researching for MONTHS, and I always find a better PC than the current Mac Pro out. I talked to my computer technician and he was telling me they have to repair Apples ALL the time, and they actually use the same hardware (Intel chips) as PCs...the only difference is PCs get more viruses because they are more popular and hackers take the time to make the viruses for them. If Apple became more popular, the exact same thing would happen.

Elle, while I respect your opinion, Ima have to disagree girl. :lachen:
I know many techies (certified/own businesses/etc) and they rep for mac as well (and no endorsement deals etc). The ease of using a Mac, the customer service, and prevalence in the business/higher education world makes it so much easier for the user as well. Imo, Macs are very popular now, but it is harder to code viruses for them. And, Idk what those ppl are doing to their macs, but literally everyone I know has one (including classmates lol); and, some even have the first macbook with nooo problems.
Eh, I guess it just depends who you know.

*not a mac salesperson, just loove the complete package ive gotten from them*
NOW BACK TO THE HAIR.:lol:

Fab, let me break it down to ya,
1. Yes, the pro is better.
2. Tell him to get Apple Care. He can only do it within the first 1yr before the default warranty is up). It's only around 100-150 mo
3. I used to be juuust like you...I though Macs were overpriced bs. And, then, my dell broke and the customer service was ***.
4. So, I gathered my pennies, dimes, and dollars and made the purchase. This will be my third year. Im in :love:

ETA: applecare is more like 250 more now. oops. still worth it imo

I do have a DELL now... my work one is also a Dell.. so I said if it's good enough for them.. it's good enough for me.. lmao... But they are really nice and I'm sure it's super worth it.

Okay, you making me browse them.. I'll look in June 2011... it is cute.. and all of the matching stuff is really cute.. if they had one in PINK.. I'd have it!

250! Shiiiiiiz.. yeah he's gonna have to get that on his own. You know how many hurr products I could get with that???

Elle, while I respect your opinion, Ima have to disagree girl. :lachen:
I know many techies (certified/own businesses/etc) and they rep for mac as well (and no endorsement deals etc). The ease of using a Mac, the customer service, and prevalence in the business/higher education world makes it so much easier for the user as well. Imo, Macs are very popular now, but it is harder to code viruses for them. And, Idk what those ppl are doing to their macs, but literally everyone I know has one (including classmates lol); and, some even have the first macbook with nooo problems.
Eh, I guess it just depends who you know.

*not a mac salesperson, just loove the complete package ive gotten from them*
NOW BACK TO THE HAIR.:lol:

Naw it's cool you can DEF disagree. I have been debating Mac vs. PC with people for YEARS, and it is all good. I know that some PC companies have crap service too (I would NEVAH get a Dell), but I haven't had any issues with my Vaios... :blowkiss: My first Vaio I had for 5 years (which is ridic for a laptop with a 10" screen) and the only reason I had to get a new laptop was because my drunk ex stepped on it and broke the screen. :nono:

How is it harder to code viruses for them, when they are made out of the same thing as a PC? I don't know much about coding, so I'm interested. I know they are popular but they are not the most popular type of the computer on the market. Yes, Apple passed Microsoft in revenue, but you have to think of the iPhone and iPod, which is where Apple makes a LOT of money - as far as computers go, PCs are still on top. And I know a ton of people who have told me they've taken their Apple to the store a number of times because it just broke...I know everyone's experience is different though, so that's not what I'm talking about really.

I mean that when I look for the top of the line specs when buying a new computer...Mac never has what I want. For instance, last time I got a new laptop (about two years ago), I was seriously considering a Mac, because of all the reasons you stated. However, once I got through comparing RAM, HD space, multimedia, DVD/Blu-ray drive, HD capabilities, etc - my choice was my Vaio hands down. I know that since that time Mac has upgraded and I'm sure they have these features now, but at the time, they didn't have what I wanted by a longshot, even if I customized my own machine.

I do admit that I am biased and hate Steve Jobs though, and I hate their marketing when they always act like they have come out with something new when PCs have had the same crap on the market for 6+ months...I wouldn't even let my friend download iTunes or Quicktime on my machine...:look:

HAHAHAHA I just saw how much I typed...my bad...

I do have a DELL now... my work one is also a Dell.. so I said if it's good enough for them.. it's good enough for me.. lmao... But they are really nice and I'm sure it's super worth it.

Okay, you making me browse them.. I'll look in June 2011... it is cute.. and all of the matching stuff is really cute.. if they had one in PINK.. I'd have it!

250! Shiiiiiiz.. yeah he's gonna have to get that on his own. You know how many hurr products I could get with that???

you can get the apple care for 50 bucks on ebay. it's authentic of course.

LOL oops I was playing with my keyboard I didn't know that actually posted...LOL! Day, yes, please PM me re: the specs 'cause I'm interested...I have tried to come up with 10 reasons to like Mac and I was never able to... :lachen:

Last edited:
Too long to quote you Elle, but LOL. Yeah girl, youre biased. I mean, some of the components are the same, BUT, many are not. I dont know the like technical explanation for it (excuse me, but I cant remember alladat!), but it is more difficult to code for macs due to the embedded defenses (if i remember correctly). I can ask and pm you once I know. Also, Im sure there are some pcs that can give you a good experience, but like i said, its the whole package for me. I wont ever go back to a pc. Customer service, ease of use right out the gate, willingness to help even after they have my money...i'll take it.
(girl, lets pm after this so we dont bore our hair sisters :rofl:)

Lol @ Fab. I hear you tho. thats sooo many tangle teezers! lmfao.

i have a dell and i love it. but really dats all i know. my computer back when i was a tot was a dell and the lap top i had before this was a dell. so i really dont know any other computer.

Okay Ya'll...*cough* Come On Back:lol:

Has anyone used up anything lately or close to using up anything?

I hope to use up at least 1-3 creams B4 12-31. About 1/4th Left in each Jar. I am hoping to knock these out.

Is anyone else close to reducing alot of stuff?

I should also finish up my 1 Ori O Jojoba (Rinsed out bottle).

Woulda' finished it up, but tried the BFH Cleansing Cream instead and had no need to Co-Wash afterwards:yep:

Went straight to the Steamer.:lick:

Okay Ya'll...*cough* Come On Back:lol:

Has anyone used up anything lately or close to using up anything?

I hope to use up at least 1-3 creams B4 12-31. About 1/4th Left in each Jar. I am hoping to knock these out.

Is anyone else close to reducing alot of stuff?

I should also finish up my 1 Ori O Jojoba (Rinsed out bottle).

Woulda' finished it up, but tried the BFH Cleansing Cream instead and had no need to Co-Wash afterwards:yep:

Went straight to the Steamer.:lick:

Heehee. I just used up all my Bee Mine Curly Butter!

So......Are You re-buying this one?:look:

I also heard the CJ Honey Hibiscus Hair Butta' L-I is good too.:blush:

I would only rebuy this one if I could get it on sale for a good price, because it's basically the same thing as my Donna Marie Dream Curling Creme, and that's cheaper.

The Hair Butta is very moisturizing, but if your hair is low porosity like mine, you might not like it, because it's very thick and takes awhile to absorb. It took me like an hour not to have white head...my hair prefers lighter water-based LIs.

Oh...I see you're skurred....LOL let me stop, I'm totally kidding. I'm in a silly mood today, I blame the rain. :drunk:

Girl, you need to stop dranking whatever @charz over there messing with. Better ax about me! hee hee.:lachen: Oh, anywho, I likes ya blog. DONT let me take that back now. :rofl:

I've had my Macbook for over 2.5 years. Only problem has been having to get the inner shell thingy (surrounding the keyboard) replaced due to the fact that it would stain easily. That was a cosmetic issue that Apple repaired free of charge, even after people's warranty was up (for only a limited amount of time, though).

Girl, you need to stop dranking whatever @charz over there messing with. Better ax about me! hee hee.:lachen: Oh, anywho, I likes ya blog. DONT let me take that back now. :rofl:

Oh I don't be messin' with that same stuff as Charz Flocka... :lachen:

And thaaaaaank you!!!:bighug: Maybe one day others will be able to "stomach" me...

Last edited:
I would only rebuy this one if I could get it on sale for a good price, because it's basically the same thing as my Donna Marie Dream Curling Creme, and that's cheaper.

The Hair Butta is very moisturizing, but if your hair is low porosity like mine, you might not like it, because it's very thick and takes awhile to absorb. It took me like an hour not to have white head...my hair prefers lighter water-based LIs.

I was hoping to like the Christine Gant detangling Hair Milk (but it just doesn't do it for me) And of course I bought 16 ounces:nono::nono::nono: I'll hold my nose and finish it up OR pass it on to Che *or somebody who i know well, that doesn't mind 1/2 used products*:look:

I *heart* CJ, and my Hair is thick so this may work for me. I prefer thick, cream-based L-I's

Not buying any L-I's at all right now.:nono:

i got one more use of my hv acai. it wont be a repurchase. it goes on rough and although my hair rinses well and feels nice i dont like the smell enough to repurchase.
right now my protein co washes are curl junkie repair me and curl junkie strengthening conditioner. might pick up another bottle today :look:
i slathered my hair in coconut oil before i co washed today and then after i rinsed out the conditioner but about a dime size of curl junkie smoothing gellie on each side and now my hair is wrapped in a towel. hope it dries before i go out in the cold. i may or may not scrunch in some dew.

Che, if you feel like messing with HV again (and havent already tried this product) get the protein daily condish she has. I think its called moist pro? idk. but, i love that stuff.

I was hoping to like the Christine Gant detangling Hair Milk (but it just doesn't do it for me) And of course I bought 16 ounces:nono::nono::nono: I'll hold my nose and finish it up OR pass it on to Che *or somebody who i know well, that doesn't mind 1/2 used products*:look:

I *heart* CJ, and my Hair is thick so this may work for me. I prefer thick, cream-based L-I's

Not buying any L-I's at all right now.:nono:

Well this is certainly thick and creamy! I did a full review on it too - Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta

Back