Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

For ladies who do braid outs, are you doing cornrows or just braids?
im doing single braids. once my hair is soaking wet i divide it into two(right and left) and make four braids on each side. it take maybe 10 minutes. i do a top braid right by the center part, then one under that above my ear, one behind the first braid and a back braid on each side. easy peasy.

You can treat her too!

Oooh, this is a good idea. Sigh though...my mom is like the kind of woman that loves Motions and won't give it up. Last Christmas I got her the entire product line for relaxed hair from Komaza and this woman didn't even use it! I came home like 8 months later and she was mad the shampoo didn't lather. I ended up taking most of it back with me! Smh.

Earlier today, I made an avocado mask to use on my hair. I mixed 3 soft avocados with EVOO and raw honey with a handheld mixer. I'll use it tomorrow.

Your hair is gorgeous! I use the exact same recipe along with evco in the summer for prepoos. Ive done it since coming to the forums and love it.

Ive been thinking of going back to my basics; alternating btwn the prepoo above and my dosha-specific ayur oil blend to prepoo (amla, brahmi, bhringeraj, lavendar eo) CON poo (stockpiled), dc, water based li and jbco/evco to seal. I dont do a lot now, but all these products aint necessary. I cant believe I just said that. I'll never use all the stuff I have AND I make a few of my own products including an avocado ceramide dc :lick:.

Oooh, this is a good idea. Sigh though...my mom is like the kind of woman that loves Motions and won't give it up. Last Christmas I got her the entire product line for relaxed hair from Komaza and this woman didn't even use it! I came home like 8 months later and she was mad the shampoo didn't lather. I ended up taking most of it back with me! Smh.

I understand my mom won't change her routine either, it took me 10 years to get her to stop getting jheri curls, which were a floopy mess. She has 3b natural curls, so pretty. Maybe show her the ingredients and how some of those are not good, that store is the best.

when my aohsr finishes I won't be repurchasing, it works just ok. Also i think I need to clarify because my hv 24/7 isn't as moisturising anymore

I understand my mom won't change her routine either, it took me 10 years to get her to stop getting jheri curls, which were a floopy mess. She has 3b natural curls, so pretty. Maybe show her the ingredients and how some of those are not good, that store is the best.

Yea I need to take her to see if she will even read ingredients. Every time I try to tell her that stuff isn't nourishing her hair she's like, "Oh girl who cares as long as I'm not bald."

Let me know how you feel about it - I didn't like the Devacare at all. I thought it was waxy and didn't give any slip/detangling.

I just chucked a huge DC for this very reason. It went on waxy and it felt weird.:nono:

I have only tried Devacurl Angell from the Deva line. I havent even finished the bottle ...I dont think. I didnt hate it but it didnt really do anything for my hair, it had no hold whatsoever. I can actually get Deva products locally though, that surprised the heck out of me.

:giggle:.............

I'm serious! She is the most stubborn woman in the world! She will drive to Baltimore to buy me Oyin and mail it to me, but she won't get ANYTHING for herself! She's like, "Oh whatever I don't need that. Give me my $5 relaxer and I'm good." I even told her I would buy her Phyto relaxer, and she wouldn't let me b/c she said $60 for relaxer is ridiculous. This woman!!! :lachen:

I just chucked a huge DC for this very reason. It went on waxy and it felt weird.:nono:

I have only tried Devacurl Angell from the Deva line. I havent even finished the bottle ...I dont think. I didnt hate it but it didnt really do anything for my hair, it had no hold whatsoever. I can actually get Deva products locally though, that surprised the heck out of me.
Yea that's why I like having some products I like from Deva. It's really easy to get on the ground or you can buy it on Amazon and get free shipping. The DevaCurl One Condish is muuuuch better for my hair.

I'm serious! She is the most stubborn woman in the world! She will drive to Baltimore to buy me Oyin and mail it to me, but she won't get ANYTHING for herself! She's like, "Oh whatever I don't need that. Give me my $5 relaxer and I'm good." I even told her I would buy her Phyto relaxer, and she wouldn't let me b/c she said $60 for relaxer is ridiculous. This woman!!! :lachen:

Yea that's why I like having some products I like from Deva. It's really easy to get on the ground or you can buy it on Amazon and get free shipping. The DevaCurl One Condish is muuuuch better for my hair.

I dont feel like throwing down $20 bucks for a conditioner when I have a bunch of cheapies that already work...that doesnt mean I'm not tempted to try something though.:lachen::lachen:

I dont feel like throwing down $20 bucks for a conditioner when I have a bunch of cheapies that already work...that doesnt mean I'm not tempted to try something though.:lachen::lachen:

Oh yea I usually use my expensive conditioners as leave-ins...I def cowash with like, Tresemme!

Good afternoon ladies. Getting ready to visit some other offices for work. I did a wash and go last night...really a rinse and go...i just did a cool water rinse and threw some DM Miracurl gelly in. My curls were really elongated at first but now they are so shrunken. I can't wait until my hair grows a little more so that I can truly enjoy wash and go's...maybe next spring! I think I really am going to co-wash tonight lol....talk to yall later!

Aloha peeps!

This March no-buy is giving me the itch to buy something. I wanted to treat my self to a lil something something after finals next week but then I realized I have to have self control. :lol: Boo!

hello me ladies
i re braided my hair last night with jc wrap and roll. big mistake. i love the wrap and roll, my hair was so soft but it wasnt fluffy like first and second day hair at all. so i threw it back in a zing. now i know not to rebraid my hair in the middle of the week. just pineapple and go. and if that doesnt work just bun it. i like the textured bun look.

Took off today dd was suppose to braces off but she got wait another month.
I use some of this jar henna for a quick coverup mixed with ayurveda powder, did a tea rinse, dc with left over of giovanni, wdt. I use kcnt and wearing a WnG. It going to be raining tomorrow so I will wear it in a puff. Use up vatika frosting, it was part of gift bag so if there is this big sale it might be repurchase, i have enough oils for months.

Back