Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

That dew is awesome. When I use it as a LI to refresh my hair mid week all I need to do is lightly mist my hair with water and apply a little oil; I love that. I have 4 16oz bottles in my cart waiting on the end of the no buy challenge.

hannan

I love the funk butters. I use them all year round. I can get away with not putting on deo for 3 days and still be funk free.

I just don't like using deo with Aluminum. I swear this is the reason for the influx of breast cancer.

Once the weather starts changing and I get an idea of what kind of weather we'll get this summer, I'll know what, if any, changes my reg will need.

I think with my warmer-month regimen, I'm going to see if I can keep my hair stretched as much as possible. Last summer, I was washing/co-washing about twice a week and wearing my hair in either a bun or wash 'n go. I think I can still do the twice a week styling for braid/twist outs.

Normally when I wash just once a week, I would comb and re-twist/braid again mid-week to prevent any tangles. I can still do that, only difference would be adding a co-wash before re-twist/braiding. It doesn't take me long to put in the braids at all (about 8-10).

I like this lady's regimen. It seems very practical for me. She re-styles (braidouts) every 4-5 days and she has great length retention. Her regimen is very simple.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8fQKfUFciE

Last edited:
Good evening ladies! Long day at work and Im relaxing in bed with my laptop. I slept in til 7 this morning. I may do the same in the morning except I didn't make it to work until 8:45 and I really need to be there sooner in order to be most productive! I may wake up at 6:45 lol...

My hair came today! I just ordered it on Friday afternoon and it came today! Why doesn't that happen with our actual products? Only Chagrin Valley is that fast lol! Now I have to get my closure! I feel like its more of a NEED than a want since 8 ounces of hair does not seem like it will be enough for me! I am so excited about this install! I plan on getting it April 1st or 2nd!

I think I am going to start doing braid-outs on roller set hair. I need my hair to look bigger! idk what I will use to set the braid outs...I need a product that will define but wont cause it to shrink back up!

On Saturday I set my twists with kbb milk & cream and went back over my roots with kbb butter on Sunday afternoon. I took them down this morning. My twist-out was soft with hold. I just left the kbb thread and have come to the realization about my beloved hair milk...it drenches my hair and defines it when I first apply it and it makes my hair soft, but it does not truly help my hair stay MOISTURIZED. Of course I seal it with her cream or butter, but there is a HUGE difference between soft hair and truly moisturized hair and I seek moisture. I have 6 bottles of kbb milk on deck...I believe I will be removing it from my staples list! in the next few weeks I will be trying out darcy's and donna marie leave-ins and sealing with kbb cream or butter to see what will stay and what will go. Thats what the focus of 2011 really is!

Tonight I will use my 4 band method and moisturize with qhem brbc.

Perhaps next Monday BJ wil announce the sale items lol....

Last edited:
Charz, your post made me to gon' and pull the trigger on my Oyin order. This morning dd came in my bathroom and said, "Why haven't you ordered any Oyin lately?" I heard the subliminal *me* in the question, but you reminded me that I said I was going to try the funk butter. After this incision under my arm heals, I want to try it because I think antiperspirant is partially to blame for my issue in the first place.

Yesss! I haven't ordered from them in over a year because of the two week shipping time in the past. Thank you, I had no idea.

Yea, I used to order from Curlmart but now I just order direct b/c I get all the large sizes and receive my order within a week.

Charz, your post made me to gon' and pull the trigger on my Oyin order. This morning dd came in my bathroom and said, "Why haven't you ordered any Oyin lately?" I heard the subliminal *me* in the question, but you reminded me that I said I was going to try the funk butter. After this incision under my arm heals, I want to try it because I think antiperspirant is partially to blame for my issue in the first place.

Eisani, i had one of those years ago and know you are in pain. Last year i got bad rash from using antperspirant. I had to leave that stuff alone, i buy natural, tried funk butter once it's great. I've been making my own which is so easy and cheap, and it works so good. Maybe i will order some and get discount.

Eisani, i had one of those years ago and know you are in pain. Last year i got bad rash from using antperspirant. I had to leave that stuff alone, i buy natural, tried funk butter once it's great. I've been making my own which is so easy and cheap, and it works so good. Maybe i will order some and get discount.
They cut my pit from front to back :nono: Something has to give. I'm going to try the unscented butter along with some natural things to keep it from happening again.

What is in yours? I love the milder version that I made and my armpits are much better. I'm sure if I had stopped using it completely they would have healed by now but it works so well for me that I did not want to stop :look:. I think they will be back to normal within a couple of weeks

What is in yours? I love the milder version that I made and my armpits are much better. I'm sure if I had stopped using it completely they would have healed by now but it works so well for me that I did not want to stop :look:. I think they will be back to normal within a couple of weeks

I found it on Naturally curly but I'm at work and will send it to you after work. It's roughly 2tbsp baking soda/2tbsp cornstarch I've use tea tree and olive oil. All the recipes from you tube and others are basically the same with baking soda/cornstarch. I've tried lemon juice and lavendar but like the idea of tea tree for is antispectic use.

Making your own deodorant looks interesting. Does it stain your clothes? What about white pits? If you use tea tree, how strong is the scent?

Hello.

I havent been able to touch my hair since Friday so later on today I plan on doing something. I need to DC. The weather here has been crazy( a state of emergency for most of the state) and my hair needs some TLC. I've learned that Aloe Vera Gel does nothing for my hair, absolutely nothing. It is way to thin to do anything so I will just finish up the little container I have (FOTE) or chuck it. It was basically a useless step.

I realise why I stopped doing mini twists...when I take them out they feel like they are locking up...so I can either cowash more often with them in or not do them that small at all.

Qhemet is gonna be my staple creamy leave-in brand.
Aubrey Organics is gonna be my staple DC brand.
Hairveda may be my staple instant Conditioner and Shampoo brand.
Kinky Curly is my staple Gel and liquid leave-in brand. I will try the shampoo and see if I can make it my staple.

Back