Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

Earlier today, I made an avocado mask to use on my hair. I mixed 3 soft avocados with EVOO and raw honey with a handheld mixer. I'll use it tomorrow.

my braid out turned out nice today. a tiny bit frizzy and a little flatter than yesterday but im still loving it. instead of braiding it up last night i made my very first pineapple. and it worked. but tonight i will re braid using dew and JC wrap and roll. i think every other night i will braid and every other night i will pineapple. i could probably go longer without braiding if i had used something with hold.

I found it on Naturally curly but I'm at work and will send it to you after work. It's roughly 2tbsp baking soda/2tbsp cornstarch I've use tea tree and olive oil. All the recipes from you tube and others are basically the same with baking soda/cornstarch. I've tried lemon juice and lavendar but like the idea of tea tree for is antispectic use.
Similar to mine except I used 60% baking soda and 40% cornstarch but next time around I want to try reducing it 50/50 to see if it is still effective. I also added coconut oil and shea butter, the shea butter gives it a lovely creamy consistency. I used tea tree, lavender and rosemary all have antibacterial and/or antiseptic benefits. I will always used tea tree but will vary the other two to try different scents. Will never use 100% baking soda again, that's for sure :nono:

Making your own deodorant looks interesting. Does it stain your clothes? What about white pits? If you use tea tree, how strong is the scent?

Does not stain at all. I used a combination of essential oils so the tea tree is not overpowering at all. I am loving it so far :yep: Next time I might try tea tree, sage and lemongrass.

your braid out looks amazing. was that done on wet or dry hair and with how many braids?

Thank you! It was initially done on wet hair Saturday night. When I got up Sunday morning to go to work, it hadn't fully dried so I took it down and used the diffuser. It ended up being very fluffy. I re-braided it Sunday night w/ my shea butter/EVOO mixture. I think I did like 10 braids the first time (4 in the front/sides, 6 in the back). When I re-braided I did like 8 braids.

Due to all of the rain we've been getting lately, it's been humid here too.

Thank you! It was initially done on wet hair Saturday night. When I got up Sunday morning to go to work, it hadn't fully dried so I took it down and used the diffuser. It ended up being very fluffy. I re-braided it Sunday night w/ my shea butter/EVOO mixture. I think I did like 10 braids the first time (4 in the front/sides, 6 in the back). When I re-braided I did like 8 braids.

it looks really good. i cant wait until i can say ive mastered my braid outs.

Qhemet is gonna be my staple creamy leave-in brand.
Aubrey Organics is gonna be my staple DC brand.
Hairveda may be my staple instant Conditioner and Shampoo brand.
Kinky Curly is my staple Gel and liquid leave-in brand. I will try the shampoo and see if I can make it my staple.

You got your staples down, huh? By the end of the year I will too! :yep:

Qhemet is gonna be my staple creamy leave-in brand.
Aubrey Organics is gonna be my staple DC brand. Hairveda may be my staple instant Conditioner and Shampoo brand.
Kinky Curly is my staple Gel and liquid leave-in brand. I will try the shampoo and see if I can make it my staple.
These are my staple DCs too. Apart from HSR and GBP - have you used any others?

I love WC, HSR, GBP and the BGA Blue Green Algae Mask.

Thanks IDareT'sHair!! And yes, Priss Pot your hair looks great!

Not sure if y'all care, but Ricky's has the DevaCurl One Condition on sale for like $28...I bought that (re-buy) and the Hair Rules Curly Whip - anyone try that one?

Thanks @IDareT'sHair!! And yes, @Priss Pot your hair looks great!

Not sure if y'all care, but Ricky's has the DevaCurl One Condition on sale for like $28...I bought that (re-buy) and the Hair Rules Curly Whip - anyone try that one?
so you really like the one condition?
i purchased the deva care one condition and hope i like it. i purchased the big bottle because thats all they had.

Evening Divas to the Tenth Power!:grin:

How's everyone?

I got a HTN Oil in the mail today. Going to try to stay on my HTN Regi through June.

Prolly just the Follicle Booster, the Protein L-I and maybe the Lotion. The Oil will be a bit too heavy for the warmer weather.:perplexed

I'll stick with the Protein/Moisture DC Combo and use up both bottles before moving on to something else.:yep:

I still have about 1/2 Jar of Sitrinillah Open, 1/2 Jar of Komaza Olive, 1/2 Jar of ButtersnBars and 1/2 Jar of AE Garlic. ALL OPEN. I'll be working my way through these.:yep:

so you really like the one condition?
i purchased the deva care one condition and hope i like it. i purchased the big bottle because thats all they had.

Let me know how you feel about it - I didn't like the Devacare at all. I thought it was waxy and didn't give any slip/detangling.

Let me know how you feel about it - I didn't like the Devacare at all. I thought it was waxy and didn't give any slip/detangling.
ok ill let you know. i used the deva curl one condition a long time ago. i loved the slip but once i rinsed it out it felt like nothing was ever on my hair. but i want to try it as a co wash but leave it in. im inspired by curly nikki.

ok ill let you know. i used the deva curl one condition a long time ago. i loved the slip but once i rinsed it out it felt like nothing was ever on my hair. but i want to try it as a co wash but leave it in. im inspired by curly nikki.

I love it for detangling. My brush just glides right on through. It's just as good as the Sweet Ambrosia (which is the main thing I like that product for).

Making your own deodorant looks interesting. Does it stain your clothes? What about white pits? If you use tea tree, how strong is the scent?

Eisani, I have never had any problems, the first batch I made was like the funk butter crumbly. My second batch I use some evoo and it was moist and stay put. If you are interested in trying it out let me know I'll pm you some recipe and then if you want to try the funk butter. I'll buy some natural deorandant but they don't hold as good as the homemade batch:yep:

Priss Pot your braid out is gorgeous.

I am washing my hair tonight and I can't decide between a wash and go or a twist out. Maybe I should try a braid out.

Eisani, I have never had any problems, the first batch I made was like the funk butter crumbly. My second batch I use some evoo and it was moist and stay put. If you are interested in trying it out let me know I'll pm you some recipe and then if you want to try the funk butter. I'll buy some natural deorandant but they don't hold as good as the homemade batch:yep:
Ltown, can you PM me a recipe please!!

The really bad thing is she would have to take me! :lachen:

You can treat her too!

Ltown, can you PM me a recipe please!!

Done! I would post it in the thread but sister soldier Charz might get me:lol:

Did you do braids, and how many? It looks like washngo you unravel good.

Evening ladies! Im getting ready to co-wash with my avocado condish! I just got off and I'm super tired and worried about all of the stuff I have to do at work tomoro! Ughh! It will get easier as I get used to it all. It rained while I was visiting a client today and I didn't bring my umbrella from the car. I was wearing my preserved twist-out and ughhh it went SUPER frizzzy. All I had with me were ouchless rubberbands...nothing else! I'm going to put together a hair survival kit for my office...I wish I had a headband and aloe vera gel, I would have been able to really pull myself together! I think I'm going to just put some elastic bands, ouchless bands, CURLS gel and a small spray bottle in a kit and leave it in my office! I have no idea how I will style my hair when I get through co-washing...we will see!

I forgot to tell yall I ordered my closure today! Super excited!

Last edited:
Back