Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

did i mention im all out of AO GPB? yep i finished it sometime last week, or was it saturday? anyway i thought i had another bottle but i dont so i will pick up some giovanni protein to replace it later on. right now i dont need it since im not really co washing as much.

and i have to remember to add hemp oil to my kbb mask jar.

I really like Mozeke's Carrot Protein and Babassu Twisting Cream (they were the only two that did not turn grey or have a mold spot on the top layer). If you want to try here stuff place it in the fridge or else...

I have a smidge of the Protein mask left by far it's a nice gentle protein. I steam with it as well. But, I'm not purchashing anything from the handmade stores until they stabilize their products. Basically, I am trying to cut out all the "extra" cost for anything with a short shelf life. Thus far, Oyin and Qhemet have been the only two that has lasted well over a year. Afroveda's Curl Define has lasted just as long.

o thanks for the heads up...i didn't know about mozeke...i want to try the protein masque and dc but even bronzebomb is having a problem with them going rancid and she vouched for them during black friday when everyone else was complaining...no bueno...i don't use my products nearly quick enough for all that....:nono:

:look:I still have an Avacado Hair Cream in the Fridge. (Still Looks fine)

And I have an Amla Oil concoction I need to use. Hopefully, I can use this up during the Oil Challenge.:lick:

It says you can Steam with it, so I may try it that way too.:ohwell:

bronzebomb

SSI & HV have a good shelf life (at least that has been my experience). There are alot of Handmades that last quite a while and most I have not had a problem with.

Anybody can have a 'bad' inconsistent batch.:ohwell:

Like that Thread where the Lady said her Oyin HH was spoiled.:nono: It's all luck of the draw. I had a bottle of Oyin HH for over a year and it was fine.

And I had that one product that had Mold all throughout it and the vendor said she did a batch and forgot to add the perservative.:ohwell:

Sooo......Imma Hang. Unless I get really, really poor customer service, it's all still fair game for me.:lol:

@chebaby

WOW! That was a big bottle.:lick: I love that stuff.

May return to it eventually one day.:look:
yea its really good stuff. i go through that stuff like water. i know everyone really likes the HSR but that was just ok to me. i used it while transitioning. i would use it over night and then the comb would just glide through my hair.

:drunk::drunk::drunk:
La Colocha

I should just go ahead and pick up one, even if I just put a hunnen dollars on it.:look:

I'll pick up one this weekend. Does anybody know where you can get one w/o the $4.95 Charge?

I got a VISA Card for this girl that resigned and they charged me $4.95 to activate the card.:perplexed

:look: You might want to add an extra zero on the end - $1,000 until the rest of the year

I'm keeping track of what I spend this year on a spreadsheet. I stocked up on a few staples in January and also bought some henna and indigo to try. February I bought a tangle teezer. The only money I will be spending for the next few months is to get my hair cornrowed. May treat myself to a few samples for the summer

@bronzebomb

SSI & HV have a good shelf life (at least that has been my experience). There are alot of Handmades that last quite a while and most I have not had a problem with.

Like that Thread where the Lady said her Oyin HH was spoiled.:nono: It's all luck of the draw. I had a bottle of Oyin HH for over a year and it was fine.

And I had that one product that had Mold all throughout it and the vendor said she did a batch and forgot to add the perservative.:ohwell:

Sooo......Imma Hang. Unless I get really, really poor customer service, it's all still fair game for me.:lol:
yep, luck of the draw. ive never had an issue with oyin products. except when i ordered from curlmart(and i love curl mart). but this one particular time i ordered from them and my shine and define and whipped pudding were wet. i dont mean the jar, but the product inside were wet like water had got inside:nono:. i dont want to tell yall this because SO says im weird but water on stuff its not supposed to be on freaks me out.:nono:

IDareT'sHair I like HV too. I've only had that line a few months...

I'm strictly going off of my experiences with shelf life. I hate being the guinea pig with my money. I like Mozeke, but I have so many other products that I don't need to revisit her "right now". I'mma need her to get that shelf life right. I have never had a problem with Oyin, so I could not relate to the HH spoiling. I think my stuff stays fresh (LOL - that doesn't sound good) because my home stays cool. I hardly run the heat in winter.

:drunk::drunk::drunk:

:look: You might want to add an extra zero on the end - $1,000 until the rest of the year

@rosalindb

Girl Hush:lol: :lol: :lol: Talm bout $1,000!:blush: (You're probably right tho')

yep, luck of the draw. ive never had an issue with oyin products. except when i ordered from curlmart(and i love curl mart). but this one particular time i ordered from them and my shine and define and whipped pudding were wet. i dont mean the jar, but the product inside were wet like water had got inside:nono:. i dont want to tell yall this because SO says im weird but water on stuff its not supposed to be on freaks me out.:nono:

@chebaby

I've only had 'trouble' with that 1 moldy product. Everything else that has been wrong had to do with Shipping Damage etc......Oh Yeah, And Ori cheating me out of some product.:nono:

btw: Where the Debil is @Vonnieluvs08 Is she is Mexico? Africa? I can't keep up with that Woman!:lol:

bronzebomb

This is why I only stick to oil based/butter products from vendors

Quite a few people had mould in their products from various vendors and someone was left with burns on their scalp after using Mozeke products.

There would be a few exceptions that I would be tempted to try such as Oyin as I have never read any issues regarding them and they appear to have been tried and tested my many

This is why I only stick to oil based/butter products from vendors

Quite a few people had mould in their products from various vendors and someone was left with burns on their scalp after using Mozeke products.

There would be a few exceptions that I would be tempted to try such as Oyin as I have never read any issues regarding them and they appear to have been tried and tested my many

rosalindb

Good Looking Out Rosalind. I completely forgot about that:blush:

That's Right!:nono:

@La Colocha

I should just go ahead and pick up one, even if I just put a hunnen dollars on it.:look:

I'll pick up one this weekend. Does anybody know where you can get one w/o the $4.95 Charge?

I got a VISA Card for this girl that resigned and they charged me $4.95 to activate the card.:perplexed

Idk t, i got mine from my cu and they charge $3.50 but the expiration date is 2017. And no hidden fees, you spend what you got. Some of the ones i looked at in the stores charge by the month and if you don't use it regularly. Just shop around to get the best deal and check with your bank also.

I will hush, I have no right to tease you as I currently have oil river here :perplexed :blush: From the time that someone has to put warnings on their website in case the product moulds in 6 months, it is not a good sign :nono:

rosalindb

No, I appreciate you keeping me on my game. So thanks:yep: Yeah, Imma pass on Mozeke (for now).:perplexed

I do want to invest in another Bone Comb. I love that Comb.

I don't have enough Hurr for the Super Detangler and it is Cumbersome to use (but one day I shall.......:lol:)

I want that 5 tooth detangling comb or whatever it's called.:yep:

oh i forgot i ordered the honey hemp from curl mart that same time and the honey hemp seemed funny. the texture was kind of lumpy and was just weird. i didnt even finish the bottle i just threw it out.
oyin is still a staple but ill just get it from the oyin store and no where else.

oh i forgot i ordered the honey hemp from curl mart that same time and the honey hemp seemed funny. the texture was kind of lumpy and was just weird. i didnt even finish the bottle i just threw it out.
oyin is still a staple but ill just get it from the oyin store and no where else.

chebaby

These things are good to know Che. Thanks!:yep:

no problem. i was pissed that time because i had ordered a bunch of stuff from curlmart and all the oyin was messed up:nono:

I don't know how much stock they keep at once but i would imagine some of the things don't get bought up that quickly. And sits around for a minute. I know kckt is always oos, so you know when it comes in, its a fresh batch. I guess there is really no way to control inventory on how much people are going to buy because seasons change, raves, new products introduced ect.

no problem. i was pissed that time because i had ordered a bunch of stuff from curlmart and all the oyin was messed up:nono:

chebaby

Interesting:perplexed I had a bunch of Curl Junkie Moisture Rehab in a Curlmart Cart listening to Tastiredbone's Haul:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:She just made me want to buy Errrrthang.:nono:

That Po' Cart never made it outta Cyberspace tho':blush:

I don't know how much stock they keep at once but i would imagine some of the things don't get bought up that quickly. And sits around for a minute. I know kckt is always oos, so you know when it comes in, its a fresh batch. I guess there is really no way to control inventory on how much people are going to buy because seasons change, raves, new products introduced ect.

La Colocha

Thankfully, I've never had a problem with any CM Hauls on Oyin, MHC, Jessicurl, CJ, Darcy's, Oyin. It's all been good.:yep:

@chebaby

Interesting:perplexed I had a bunch of Curl Junkie Moisture Rehab in a Curlmart Cart listening to Tastiredbone's Haul:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:She just made me want to buy Errrrthang.:nono:

That Po' Cart never made it outta Cyberspace tho':blush:
im so over curl junkie:blush: didnt see that coming lol. i just over it though. i love the smells more than anything but her stuff is pricey and i think other stuff is better.
i like the banana and hibiscus leave in and deep fix but i can live without them. and i like the rehab but i think aphogee 2 minute and giovanni protein is comparable and cheaper.

@chebaby

Yeah, it does.:lol:

I actually think I may have a jar in my Stash. Imma go look. I know I am totally out of the Banana Hibiscus tho'.:sad:
i have a jar of the banana hibiscus and the honey butter leave in. i cant wait to use them in the summer. i dont remember how good the leave in was by itself but ill be trying it on a braid out. i hope the bugs dont flock to me:blush:

:grin:Yeah, I do have 1 jar of Moisture Rehab. *I forgot to look at the Scent*

I think it may be the Strawberry. I can't imagine ordering the Coconut Gardenia.:sad:

Lemme work on downsizing my current HV Cart:look:

Back