Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

I just rubbed in some Healthy Hair Butta'. I think this is going to be my New BFF for the next two weeks.

I am lovin' the consistency. Hopefully, we can place an Order.:lick:

so what you saying is i need some coffe oil or butter?? ok say no more. off to purchase.

Yeah, will coffee butter work the same as the oil?
I haven't taken the time to look at the butter. Just saw on FNWL's website that their coffee butter does not contain caffeine. Can't use that 'cause it's the caffeine that works against the DHT.

Wholesalesuppliesplus.com has a coffee butter that;s made with Coffea Arabica Seed Oil (and) Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil but it doesn't say if caffeine is or is not in their butter.

I'll continue to investigate and see what I can come up with.

Brownie is the oil smell very strong? We could make our own coffee/chocolate DC mixed with something. Antioxidants and anti-DHT in one.

I don't know about the smell. Is Pompous Blue still around, she uses it regularly. That stuff is pricey. :yep: But it sounds like a good oil to add to DCs or to a butter. :yep: I bet the smell is a bit strong, too.

Okay I've been using all of these growth products - twice a day. MT mix in the morning and Bee Mine at night. That has upped my shampoo schedule. Today was my wash day, Elucence Poo and Thriven (its a ceramide, moisture DC product) used with the steamer. I don't think I'll rollerset, the DC is still on.

Brownie is the oil smell very strong? We could make our own coffee/chocolate DC mixed with something. Antioxidants and anti-DHT in one.

What about cocoa powder, coffee oil, mixed with brewed green tea, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp oil. Mixed.

I don't know about the smell. Is Pompous Blue still around, she uses it regularly. That stuff is pricey. :yep: But it sounds like a good oil to add to DCs or to a butter. :yep: I bet the smell is a bit strong, too.
Yes, the coffee oil I have smells VERY strong. Stronger than any strongly brewed coffee you could ever make (Did I use strong a lot??? LOL!!)

Although the oil I bought from FNWL cost a lot, I've had it for over 1 yr (11/30/09).

You can use brewed coffee for coffee rinses, too. I do.

And I like the idea of adding the oil to some other butters you might already have. A little will go a long way.

BTW. The coffee oil smell may be strong, it dissipates once you rinse it out.

Good evening ladies! Im up so late because I stayed up to buy MAC Pink4Friday lipstick and it was stolen out of my cart as I checked out!!! They put it out at 11:05 and literally by 11:13 it was gone. My internet was extra slow too! so that didnt help! Im sooo sad about it bcuz I gotta wait til next friday to try again! This is crazy!!

Last night I spritzed my hair with my TW PMB & DM Moisture mix and sealed with a little vitamin e oil & some MHC Type 4 cream. My hair is still so soft and moisturized! This combo was awesome! I am going to purchase more TW PMB but not until Feb, Im replacing the DM Moisture Mist with AV juice bcuz thats essentially all it is and I have more than half of a jar of MHC and I really love it so I will get more in Feb. I also want to try the type 3 hair cream and honey hair cream but I have a bunch of moisturizers on the way from Qhemet so I wont get them.

BF Updates: Donna Marie claimed that my products were shipped on Monday but today was Thursday and I still did not get them! I am going to track them when I get off of here.
Qhemet still hasnt even processed my payment yet. My order is in processing status via the website. They are closed until mid-January to fill orders so I guess I will be one of the January people since I ordered 4 hours after the start of the sale.
Darcy's hasn't sent me a shipping notice yet either. She should have had that one little bottle of transitioning creme and that lil gel shipped by now!

Thats it! Probably going to get some more vitamin e oil, some WGO, hempseed oil and AV juice this weekend. I need another color applicator bottle bcuz I want to start shampooing with one and I will order my Miss Jessie's tomoro!

Good evening ladies! Im up so late because I stayed up to buy MAC Pink4Friday lipstick and it was stolen out of my cart as I checked out!!! They put it out at 11:05 and literally by 11:13 it was gone. My internet was extra slow too! so that didnt help! Im sooo sad about it bcuz I gotta wait til next friday to try again! This is crazy!!
I've been debating whether I want it. It looks too light for me.

this is the best thread on here. PERIOD. I have been lurking because i'm not ready to stop buying less:look: :lachen:
Then again im gonna be away for 5 months and won't have the opportunity to whip out the credit card:nono:

I was just checking prices on the coffee oil. New Directions has 1/2 ounce for 8.62 and FNWL was twice that. Let me go see if there's a difference between them.

OT: Anyone a Sephora VIB? They're sending out $20 gift cards....

I got an email with my gift card yesterday.

Good morning ladies, making my grocery list so i can get out here and fight with these vultures. Will be doing my hair later on tonight. I was thinking at the beginning of every month list the products that im focusing on using up. They are getting down but slowly. When i get rid of some of my oils i would like to incorporate new ones in my reggie like avocado and another one.

this is the best thread on here. PERIOD. I have been lurking because i'm not ready to stop buying less:look: :lachen:
Then again im gonna be away for 5 months and won't have the opportunity to whip out the credit card:nono:

Girl....Stop Playin' & Gone On and Post:lol:

You know how we do. :grin:

Tis' The Time To Buy more Products:holiday:

Fa La La La La La :lala:

I just recieved an email from a Member requesting that I send her my products that I don't use. She claims to be unemployed and said her hair fell out. Also, when I checked her page, it appears that other members have sent things to her. Have you any of you ever recieved this type message?

Beauty! They better stop holding up your orders. I ordered Kerastase on Monday - UPS man was at my door Wed. morning.

I'm doing my 10lbs in 10days cause I've been alittle too cozy with the carbs lately. D-mn PMS.

So I'm sitting under the dryer now. I did the most raggedy rollerst.

I just recieved an email from a Member requesting that I send her my products that I don't use. She claims to be unemployed and said her hair fell out. Also, when I checked her page, it appears that other members have sent things to her. Have you any of you ever recieved this type message?
No, I've never received such a solicitation. Sounds suspicious to me. If she has received products from others, why does she need more? Maybe she's collecting them to re-sell them to raise cash since she's unemployed.

I've read of a similar scam.

I would have 2nd, 3rd and 4th thoughts before I sent anyone my products. They may not be in "active" use, but I have a plan to use them up or share w/relatives.

Hmmm....I guess we have to be careful of what we say on these forums.

Charz and Fab...I like Afroveda :spinning: don't shott me, but it works.

1. Oyin
2. Qhemet
3. Afroveda

If I could not get these 3 lines I'd go crazy!:drunk:

Nothing wrong with that... but most of Afroveda items are bases you can get elsewhere and not wait ten years to get curdled products. And the fact that it was way overpriced put it outside of my radar.

I don't really have experience with the other two... I have the oyin sprays (juice and berries, frank, and greg).. but they're not life changing to me. I have high hopes for that "Dew" you all keep talking about.

I don't think there is a single line that I couldn't swap out to use something else for it; if it went up or became unavailable.

Last edited:

:nono:

I don't get solicited for crazy stuff like this... thank God.

Here is the message:

"how are doin?
I enjoy ur hair .
(wow)u have a whole store of products i use to have stuff like tha but not i cant offord shampoo all my hair came out lack of PRODUCTS
I was just wondering if u have PRODUCTS u no longer interesting in gurl i promise i can use anything.I hope im not beggin so just incase if u does here my info cuse i lost my job its hard for me now"

It's kinda spooky! I just deleted my siggy picture. I think it's a scam...or she/it's a bait.

You all know I'm awake early at my best following up on this thread. Well here is how you can make your own coffee oil.

How to Extract Coffee Oil From a Coffee Bean | eHow.com
This is doable for me! I'm excited!

I need to purchase
Coarse ground coffee beans
OR green coffee beans
Olive Oil (maybe)
Cheesecloth

I have everything else.

I hope I can find the unroasted coffee beans, and I have no scientific proof, but it seems that the green coffee beans would have a higher caffeine content.

I'm also thinking about reducing the amt of olive oil to make the mixture more concentrated.

What do y'all think? I need some input.

Is 32 oz. a lot to y'all? Could one of us make it and share w/the others.....

Nothing wrong with that... but most of Afroveda items are bases you can get elsewhere and not wait ten years to get curdled products. And the fact that it was way overpriced put it outside of my radar.

I don't really have experience with the other two... I have the oyin sprays (juice and berries, frank, and greg).. but they're not life changing to me. I have high hopes for that "Dew" you all keep talking about.

I don't there is a single line that I couldn't swap out to use something else for it; if it went up or became unavailable.

I guess you are right!

Oyin Honey Hemp - Aussie Moist; Juices&Berries - Sta Sof Fro
Qhemet's AOHC - Shea Butter Mixture with essential oils
Afroveda Curl Define - Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter

Back