Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

Now....That's something I've never heard of???

I've heard of da' butta'.

Did you see BFH's Coffee & Chocolate DC'er:lick: Did anybody get that one?
I bought it for DH to put in his Rhassoul or Bentonite clay treatments, but since he so rarely does them anymore, I decided to use it up. It's a 4 ounce bottle and I use maybe a 1/4th to 1/2 tsp in my DC or clay treatment. Read somewhere on LHCF that it's good for removing the male hormone from the scalp (y'all don't laugh; I think that's what I remember). The removal helps with eliminating thinning hair.

Here's what FNWL site says:
Coffee plants are native to the tropical regions of South America, Asia and Africa. The plant is a small shrub that typically reaches 3-4 meters in height. The seeds of the coffee plant are commonly referred to as beans. Roasting coffee beans changes the chemical and aromatic composition of the beans.
Roasted coffee oil, Coffea arabica, is rich in phytosterols that promote excellent moisture retention, quick penetration and good adherence within cosmetic applications. It is also exceptionally high in its composition of essential fatty acids.
Properties:
  • Highly Moisturizing
  • Light to Medium Texture
  • Quick Absorption
  • Herbaceous Aroma
  • High in Essential Fatty Acids
    • Palmitic Acid:40.0%
    • Linoleic Acid: 38.0%
    • Estearic Acid: 8.0%
    • Oleic Acid: 8.0%
    • Linolenic Acid: 2.0%
    • Behenic Acid: 1.0%
    • Palmitoleic Acid: 0.4%
  • Rich in Sterols
    • Beta-Sitosterol: 43.8%
    • Stigmasterol: 22.6%
    • Campesterol: 14.4%
    • Delta 7 Stigmasterol: 4.5%
    • Delta 5 Avenasterol: 3.7%
Roasted coffee oil is a highly recommended ingredient in products for:
  • Mature, Aging Skin
  • Dry, Cracked Skin
  • Eczema, Psoriasis and Other Skin Conditions
  • Dry, Brittle and Damaged Hair
  • Lip Care

I can't believe y'all are still ordering from Afroveda... where is Charz siggy at?!
I 'splained in the last U1B1 thread that I had a weak moment and hung my head in shame :lachen::lachen:

But this slow shipping has cinched my decision to never order from her again....That was her last chance. I've moved on!

And, on 2nd thought, I'm not using the last of the Miss Bhree tonight. I got to save it to compare it to what I receive (whenever I get the order). I bought the Miss Bhree I have now in 2009 and no telling what she's changed since then.

It's the Spirit ... bot... don't look directly at the screen...:lachen:

I'm glad I didn't know about LHCF in college... because I know I wouldn't have made it...God knows my heart. :drunk:

Anyone remember collegeclub and blackplanet? Those were like the FIRST social networking sites... lmao.
CO-SIGN. I would have been on here cutting the fool in college. I wouldn't have made it either.

:nono:...................but 'bastid' made me :giggle:.

The male hormone on the scalp? :look:
Yup! As we females get older, we produce DHT. Coffee (caffeine) blocks the effects of DHT.

Caffeine is being used as an ingredient in some hair loss shampoos. The reason for this is that an in-vitro study was done where follicles were treated with a caffeine solution and it was found that caffeine blocks the effects of a DHT, the hormone that causes Male Pattern Baldness and damages the hair follicles
http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/fulltext/118530586/HTMLSTART

mkd, are you really thinking about cutting your hair?

so what you saying is i need some coffe oil or butter?? ok say no more. off to purchase.

hey ladies. My Kerastase came today. yeaaahh. Sending my cuz a care package with

*Alter Ego Ceramides DC -
*Syntonics Relaxer system, and after care
*Syntonics Intensive DC
*Nexxus Humectress

I think this is a good starter package and simple enough as to not overwhelm her.

hey ladies. My Kerastase came today. yeaaahh. Sending my cuz a care package with

*Alter Ego Ceramides DC -
*Syntonics Relaxer system, and after care
*Syntonics Intensive DC
*Nexxus Humectress

I think this is a good starter package and simple enough as to not overwhelm her.

I've never seen the Alter Ego Ceramides DC. Have you used that before??

mkd, are you really thinking about cutting your hair?

so what you saying is i need some coffe oil or butter?? ok say no more. off to purchase.
Kind of Che. I am soooo over the way the colored hair feels. It is totally different than my unprocessed hair with no color. I am just tired of looking at the color. I made an appointment with aveda next week so I have to decide whether to cut it or dye it all one color.

Yeah, will coffee butter work the same as the oil?

Where do you find these smilies.. are these in the standard list???!!?

Off to SLATHER on one of the 40 leave in/moisturizers I have.. brb.
Oh and put my purty wrap on....

DH says nothing about that thing is "pretty"....lmao...
But he does appreciate that my hair looks good when I take it off.. so if I fall asleep without it on... he'll wake me up and be like... ay .. ay.. go put your thang on... or if I'm in a deep sleep... he'll put it on the pillow. :lol:

mine's do the same thang! LOL :lol: (and he ain't black) :blush::lachen:

Kind of Che. I am soooo over the way the colored hair feels. It is totally different than my unprocessed hair with no color. I am just tired of looking at the color. I made an appointment with aveda next week so I have to decide whether to cut it or dye it all one color.

Yeah, will coffee butter work the same as the oil?
itll be beautiful either way.
but i feel you. im tired of my colored hair. i aint had red hair since hs and feel a little dumb walking around with it now.:ohwell: but i dont want to indigo because i dont want black black hair.

Good to know :yep:

Now, where to find coffee oil........

LOL!!! i was thinking the same thing!
I buy the coffee oil to add to the DC since brewed coffee would thin the DC out.

I use brewed coffee to mix my henna, bentonite/rhassoul clay treatment. Sometimes I'll add the oil to henna/bentonite/rhassoul clay.

I've always been concerned with thinning at the crown. My Mom is almost totally bald there and I think it's hereditary. So, I'm doing something to combat it BEFORE I notice any thinning.

I bought this oil from fromnaturewithlove.com. (4 oz. for $63.89). I've had it for 1 year and use it once a week in my DC. Will re-order during another one of their 20% off sales.

I've never seen the Alter Ego Ceramides DC. Have you used that before??

Nope babe, can only be purchased through a distributor. That's the really real reason I got my license - so I could buy weight - DIRECT! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lateen:

MUUAaAaaaaaH

I was just checking prices on the coffee oil. New Directions has 1/2 ounce for 8.62 and FNWL was twice that. Let me go see if there's a difference between them.

OT: Anyone a Sephora VIB? They're sending out $20 gift cards....

For real, its a great DC and it smells so clean. But it's on Linage line of AE, they will be at the hair show though in March.

Brownie is the oil smell very strong? We could make our own coffee/chocolate DC mixed with something. Antioxidants and anti-DHT in one.

What about cocoa powder, coffee oil, mixed with brewed green tea, 1 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp oil. Mixed.

Back