Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

And the seasons also make for having to rotate products too.

I have found the same to be true.:yep:

From being a "Lifer" at a Salon to now managing my own Hair Care. :ohwell:

Everything is definitely Trial & Error and for me, it has been Mandatory to rotate products per seasons as well.

I can look back over my hair care in times past and see various errors that were done to my hair (by stylists and myself).:perplexed

Knowledge is Definitely Power.:grin:

ITA Ms. T (hey that rhymes,hehehe). Coming to the board saved my hair during my transition.

I didn't know what I was doing and was trying to keep a certain standard that my hair can't stand even now (heat!). Everything I've learned here from products, to techniques, to styles has been a trial and error situation. I've got some things down but others still need some work, esp as I expand my styling options.

Lawd, y'all are speaking some truth in here tonight. I never could imagine I could style my hair tastefully without heat. I used heat everyday, sometimes 2x a day with no heat protectant. I DC'd once a month maybe. And I had broken hairs everywhere - my clothes, my sink, and on the bathroom floor.

Americka that was me, a heat addict....The more I would get my hair relaxed ( I generally only relaxed 2-3x/yr) the more it would break off. I realize now it was becuz she overlapped my relaxers. However I also know part of it was because I would use heat more often then esp with the humidity of NOLA.

For some reason DCing was never a problem...

Americka that was me, a heat addict....The more I would get my hair relaxed ( I generally only relaxed 2-3x/yr) the more it would break off. I realize now it was becuz she overlapped my relaxers. However I also know part of it was because I would use heat more often then esp with the humidity of NOLA.

For some reason DCing was never a problem...

This humidity is a beast! That's why I love the cooler weather - hair styling is never a problem in the late fall and winter. Once the rainy season starts, I can forget curling my hair. All this humidity should have a sista's hair to the floor. :rolleyes:

My hair definitely grew faster when I lived in NOLA. I remember I had cut my hair my senior year of HS then by end of my freshmen year it was almost back to where it was before I cut it.

OT-I wanna do my hair tonight. I don't know what tho.

I had this, but swapped it with someone:ohwell: I love the Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Hair Cream.

So, if it's anything like that......it's very, very good.:lick:
I love the transitioning cream. It is my first back up for Hairveda's Whipped Ends. The second back up is Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion.

just woke up. and thats only because i had to take some people home. imma need people to learn how to drive smh.

Hey yall, i just got up too and about to lay right back down. This cold just has me really lazy. Im going to start bagging my ends instead of my whole head, its too cold for that and now like t i can't stand that crunchin noise.

thats a good idea La. i know i have some black silk pillow cases somewhere around here, i just gotta find them lol.

like t i can't stand that crunchin noise.

Girl...Who? :rolleyes: That mess gets on my last nerve:lol:

i like sleeping without a cap so i need to invest in a silk pillow case.

Yep. You Do. I got some too but not sure where they at.....:blush:

I may try making some of those too next week. Some private company bought joann fabric so im going to see if they have any discounts. I have a sewing machine just sitting here.

You should get on that. I'm wearing my Raggedy prettywrap tonight. It's to' up! I have several silk scarves I'm rotating too.:yep:

thats a good idea La. i know i have some black silk pillow cases somewhere around here, i just gotta find them lol.

Me too. I should look upstairs tomorrow!:yep:

I love the transitioning cream. It is my first back up for Hairveda's Whipped Ends. The second back up is Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion.

Girl....Yes on Both DB & HV!:lick: I looked at Komaza's Shea Butter Lotion. I wish I woulda' got that. I will keep it in mind.

Che: I pulled my BnB's out of the Fridge. Will let you know (if you don't use it tonight). I'm psyched to try it out.:look:

Not really...but I have 2 jars:lol:

So do ya'll not like ButtersnBars? What have you tried? I'm looking at the scented shea butter, shea butter body wash, and facial toners.

So do ya'll not like ButtersnBars? What have you tried? I'm looking at the scented shea butter, shea butter body wash, and facial toners.

I'm Lovin' that "Grow My Hair":lick: Shea Butter w/Peppermint & Rosemary. Good Stuff. It's light & creamy and it smells good.

We've been talking about that Masque. Another Poster said it was extremely hard to get it all out of your hair. :perplexed And...You hafta' keep it Refrigerator.

Although she said it made her hair extremely soft.

It's a combination of Rhassoul and some other type of Clay, Honey & Oils. I will be trying it for the 1st time tomorrow w/Steam.:grin:

Last edited:

I have ordered the scented shea butter before and didn't like it. It was hard ( in the summer) and the scent was way too cloying and strong for me. And scents don't bother me too much.

Will be doing a HOT 1st thing in the a.m. Hopefully, this will be the end of my one & only CD product.:lol:

Lisa's Hair Exlir.

Not a bad product...but I've moved on.:lol:

Debating on doing a dry dc overnight since my hair smells like the fireplace. It's still soft tho.

The last overnight DC didn't go so hot. Both caps slid up my hairline and I forgot to put a towel down.

If I do I'll use WDT. If not I'll use it in the morning.

Almost done with my braids. I just have to do my crown and i'll be good. Yes it took me this long to get this far.:rolleyes::lachen:

I swear, my sectioning/detangling routine has made things so much easier. I'm loving keeping my hair stretched.

My hotel got robbed last night :( And I was the unfortunate front desk night auditor to have to experience it. 2 guys, 2 knives, threatening to cut my throat. I had the pepper spray in my hand ready to spray but the guy with the long knife put the knife to me and told me to put it down. I was stalling when handing him the money, and wasn't giving it all to him. He was very tall so he was able to look over the counter and see that I wasn't giving everything up. He kept calling be a ***** the whole time :(, and told me that he was gonna come back there and "handle me" and "teach me a lesson" if I kept messing around. I kept thinking these monsters were gonna try to harm me or rape me if I didn't go on and give him everything. I was so shaken up. I was boo-hoo crying for like 2 hours straight, even after the cops and my manager and another employee came in.

I just really want to go to Memphis now. This is not how Christmas was supposed to end. My mother is livid right now.

Last edited:
Back