Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.4

Well ladies you know how i do, going to catch a few z's while its quiet and will be back on later. Merry christmas fab, i see the spirit has decended upon us, lmao.

I just joined the no-buy challenge for the 1st 3 legs...so pretty much until Black Friday...I need some reviews really quick so I can know what I need to get before the Jan 1:

Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic?
Yes to Carrots or Tomatoes shampoo?
fenugreek seed powder?

Guess thats all lol..yall have pretty much reviewed everything else I want to try!
I sure hope i can find a goody jojoba infused brush soon! maybe that doesnt count as a hair product? Does it Charz?

I can give you some fenugreek powder that is free and won't count against your no buy.PM me your address if you want it.

yea Ltown, thats me. thanx.

i just purchased the dark brown bundle from buttersnbars. its 200grms indigo and 100 of jamila henna.

:sekret:I just e-mailed BFH to see if I could change my order.

Brownie 'convinced' me that I needed to try the Desert Castor.:look:

She prolly thinkin' thiis PJ GOES HARD:lol::lol::lol:

I'm trying to pin down my staples for the no buy. And I've realized that I have "product ADHD". My attention span won't let me stay with one product long term.

You may be on to something Ltown............:look:

I'm glad to know it makes sense to others. I will always have products I can "fall back on", but very, very few that I use on a consistent basis. I may have to re-think the no buy because of that.

I've always said I'll buy less never no buy. I've been PJ way before LHCF just never brought large quantity. That is what I'll concentrate on buying 1, not 2+ of products.

Merry Christmas ladies

Me and my friend went to her mum's for Christmas which was lovely. I just got back a little while ago. I don't eat meat so had the fish which was delicious :lick:. Her mum cooked a huge salmon, looked like Jaws in that baking tray. There were over 20 people there and her mum must have cooked enough for 60 people though.

T - re the no buy in January. Is there anything that you really need or could you shop your stash for all your hair needs.

Ms. T- when you email BFH ask her about them tops...I was in the bathroom trying to figure out how to get it off without breaking a neail.

Americka- You nailed it. Product ADHD. I've been that way since I started really caring for my hair 4yrs ago. I would have at least 2-3 DCs and 2 cowash condish and a bunch of stylers.

Che-You and that hair are too cute.

La-I'm planning on go leg by leg as well. I'm trying to resist any more purchases even before 12/31.

*Going to check out the No Buy Thread*

Ms. T- when you email BFH ask her about them tops...I was in the bathroom trying to figure out how to get it off without breaking a neail.

I've already e-mailed her. But I will ask. IK. I like to get all my product out of bottles & tubes.:look:

The bottle is very user-unfriendly.:ohwell:

I have them turned upside down.:yep:

im so bored. house full of people and im in my room in my bed.

You sound like me. All the family was calling when I was over my parents earlier and I'm signaling my mama like "I'm not here" :look:.

Anyone tried any of the following and have a review:
Darcy's Shea Butter Curl Cream
Darcy's Curl Cleansing Cream
JBCO Protein Conditioner

You sound like me. All the family was calling when I was over my parents earlier and I'm signaling my mama like "I'm not here" :look:.

Anyone tried any of the following and have a review:
Darcy's Shea Butter Curl Cream
Darcy's Curl Cleansing Cream
JBCO Protein Conditioner
I used the Shea Butter curl moisturizing cream twice. Got it during the BF sale. It is very thick. Could've been placed in a jar; it's that thick. For my 4Z natural hair, it was moisturizing as a leave-in. And a little is all that's needed.

Tonight I retwisted my hair by spritzing it with Darcy's herbal leave-in conditioning spritz and Njoicreations' Shealoe 2 oz Xcellent moisturizer. Used up the Shealoe; won't be a re-purchase (it's good, but I'm trying to cut down the vendors I purchase from).

Last edited:
I used the Shea Butter curl moisturizing cream twice. Got it during the BF sale. It is very thick. Could've been placed in a jar; it's that thick. For my 4Z natural hair, it was moisturizing as a leave-in. And a little is all that's needed.

I had this, but swapped it with someone:ohwell: I love the Coconut Lemongrass Transitioning Hair Cream.

So, if it's anything like that......it's very, very good.:lick:

Americka- You nailed it. Product ADHD. I've been that way since I started really caring for my hair 4yrs ago. I would have at least 2-3 DCs and 2 cowash condish and a bunch of stylers.

Vonnie, don't feel gulity I just thought about why my PJ bump up, being newly natural trying to figure out what works or not and you have to have different product for different styles period. When we want wavy, curly, tighly curly, braid/twistout, flat twist, straight, puff etc:grin: See there you go everyone it's about having the right product for the right style:lachen:

Vonnie, don't feel gulity I just thought about why my PJ bump up, being newly natural trying to figure out what works or not and you have to have different product for different styles period. When we want wavy, curly, tighly curly, braid/twistout, flat twist, straight, puff etc:grin: See there you go everyone it's about having the right product for the right style:lachen:

@Bolded- No doubt...I can't do certain styles with certain products. It's like the 3 bears-1 will be to heavy...1 will be to light...then there is the 1 that is just Right.

Definitely since going natural it has bee trial and error. My hair can't tolerate cones for long periods of time even with clarifying. And the seasons also make for having to rotate products too.

Back