Until I Get Married Blogger Jozen Cummings

Menina Preta

Did any of you follow the blogger Jozen Cummings? He’s a mixed guy who went to Howard and writes about dating and women. Anyways, I side eyed when I heard this guy was engaged bc I knew through associates he was still running women. Seems his fiancée finally found out and canceled the wedding. What I loved though is she put him on blast online. Just wanted to share the craziness:

Sunday. June 9, 2019:

I was supposed to get married today. Instead, four months ago, I found out the truth and ended the engagement. And for four months, I’ve felt the worst grief, pain, devastation and betrayal that I’ve ever known. My entire world changed and I questioned everything I thought was real. Every day I hope that the lows don’t get lower.

Despite my suffering, I know for a fact that this is for the best. I know that there’s nothing more true than when people say I dodged a bullet, even though I had to take one to the heart to dodge the one coming for my head. And I thank God that I found out before the wedding, before kids, before anything legally binding me to this person. But when someone breaks you, and you’re shattered into a million pieces, the feelings can seem stronger than the facts.

I let him run the narrative of my life and our relationship publicly because I trusted him, as my best friend and partner. I silenced myself to let him shine, and he used me to create content for his public image, the character of Jozen Cummings. I know he will have another story to tell, he’ll turn this into an on-brand and right-on-time post about vulnerability, making mistakes, going to therapy, going to church, mental health, facing his issues, learning from it; and it will be partially true, but not authentic. He’s a masterful and manipulative storyteller. He does nothing better than make you feel exactly how he wants you to feel about him. I went back to some of his blog posts and it made me want to take a highlighter to my screen and annotate all the misogyny, delusion, all the half-truths he used to cover up much deeper lies about himself.

It makes me sick, now that I know the truth, to see him out here on dates just days before he was supposed to get married, or smiling and laughing at media events he has no actual reason to attend. After everything I’ve learned and how intimately I knew him over the course of five years, that a man can carry such demons deep, deep down in his psyche and not realize how much they have manifested themselves into his life, it’s sociopathic and terrifying.

I don’t want to dive into all of his issues that, in retrospect, I should have seen more clearly. Red flags I should not have dismissed just because he was waving them in front of me, daring me to look, pretending he was aware of his true faults. Now I know what’s fake, and how deep it goes, how wide it spreads, how incestuous and unhealthy so many of his close relations are, what he hides on social media (even though it looks like he shares everything, the digital persona is highly curated), how unqualified he is for so many platforms he has access to. Trust me when I say the last two things on this earth he should have authority to speak on are relationships - at least successful ones - or anything on behalf of black men.

So here’s my little blog post: I Almost got Married - the truth serum, the antidote to the narcissist’s narrative, exposing the toxic Until I Get Married myth and the fraud tactics of the man behind it.

I’m finally ready to start sharing my story. Here is some of what I learned on the day I canceled the wedding and kicked him out of our home. For all of us who thought Jozen was a good guy living honestly and openly sharing with the world, for anyone who supported our relationship and was rooting for us, for anyone who thought this was the perfect start to creating life with someone, you were wrong. He’s been lying to all of us.

Saturday. February 9, 2019:

We both went out the night before separately, and both came home around 2am. I let myself sleep in. He comes in around 10 am to cheerfully jump on the bed and kiss me awake. Meanwhile, he’s been texting all morning with the woman he had sex with the night before.

In the texts below, he’s gently encouraging her to take a Plan B. He also tells her that we’re separated and that he wants to see her again while I’m away for work next week. That morning, he also sent texts to a different woman to meet up with her the next day. They both live in Brooklyn.

It’s 130 days until the wedding.

Go to the website to read the texts. Couldn’t post them here bc of the curse words.

https://jandgforever.com/whathappened

I was nosy and went to his blog. Thank you for the tea. :look:

Is this the woman from this post?
https://untiligetmarried.com/2017/11/27/what-took-me-so-long-to-propose/

That was 2017 and they dated for four years before he proposed. Sounds like he was 32 when they met and she was 26. He was going through unemployment and underemployment during the beginning of their relationship. That post gave a bunch of excuses as to why he waited to propose and why he finally did it. But now we really know the reasons.

So that could be a total of 5-6 years in this relationship (4 dating, a year and some change engaged), and it ended up this way. Sigh.

Last edited:
I was nosy and went to his blog. Thank you for the tea. :look:

Is this the woman from this post?
https://untiligetmarried.com/2017/11/27/what-took-me-so-long-to-propose/

That was 2017 and they dated for four years before he proposed. Sounds like he was 32 when they met and she was 26. He was going through unemployment and underemployment during the beginning of their relationship. That post gave a bunch of excuses as to why he waited to propose and why he finally did it. But now we really know the reasons.

So that could be a total of 5-6 years in this relationship (4 dating, a year and some change engaged), and it ended up this way. Sigh.
Yup that’s the same woman! She’s young and Asian so she’ll be okay. What’s crazy is this guy stays up under a black woman. I was surprised (not really) that he was engaged to an Asian woman.

I am so,so SO happy she didn't do the whole "God/karma will take care of him thing".
He had sex with this woman RAW and is worried about pregnancy, but not bringing something home to his fiance??? Kissing all on her???
He deserves every bit of this

Eta:
32 and still going out to the club til 2am?? o_O

Last edited:
Yup that’s the same woman! She’s young and Asian so she’ll be okay. What’s crazy is this guy stays up under a black woman. I was surprised (not really) that he was engaged to an Asian woman.
Madness. I wonder if she put up with a bunch of mess from her family for dating a black man too.

ETA: From the title of his blog, I thought it was about being abstinent until marriage. That's a big nope lol.

Last edited:
Thanks. This must be a one drop situation because I'm just barely getting spicy mayo vibes from him. His arms and legs are dark though. Hmmm.
Lol. His dad is black. He hangs tough with black ppl though bc he went to an HBCU and used to date mostly Black women. I think he may even be an Alpha but I can’t remember.
I too was confused at his pic lol.

Based on the pic in the GMA article link, his mother is Asian (or part Asian). His grandmother is Japanese.

They moved in within 6 mos of dating. Sounds like right after his eviction and during his employment issues (based on his blog post). :confused:. She was 26 and in love though, maybe not that hard of a sell to her.

I saw the picture of dude with his grandma while I could tell he was some Asian blend, I didn't recognize nary a trace of black. I love to stereotype so guess I should've known from all the struggle and brokenness he came into her situation with while dragging out getting married for years.

Let me go get some coffee.

Was just telling @Covagirlm this! I texted her about this situation and didn’t know it was on the forum. Never heard of him until yesterday . Black women are the target for pandering and as a collective we fall for it every time. Going by the comments in Twitter these women really believed this fool. I never have once fed into male relationship gurus.

Was just telling @Covagirlm this! I texted her about this situation and didn’t know it was on the forum. Never heard of him until yesterday . Black women are the target for pandering and as a collective we fall for it every time. Going by the comments in Twitter these women really believed this fool. I never have once fed into male relationship gurus.
Every. Single. Time. Oh well, maybe the next dude who practices the opposite of what he preaches will be the real McCoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't repost his FB post cuz of profanity but he starts off with the words "To the writing :moon: ninja's".
:rofl:

Every. Single. Time. Oh well, maybe the next dude who practices the opposite of what he preaches will be the real McCoy.
~~~~~~~~~~~
I can't repost his FB post cuz of profanity but he starts off with the words "To the writing :moon: ninja's".
:rofl:
Mad that I had to log in to see it but I did.

He shared a post from Damon Young of Very Smart Brothas. It's from his book (thanking people who helped him, including Jozen). That language is very Damon lol.

technically yes ...no black woman harmed but still. None of this is a good look. If I was a supporter, i’d feel some sort of way if I was reeled in and saw who he was engaged to after the fact. But hey he’s not the only one :look: celebs do it too. Jon B is one of the very few that practiced what he preached :drunk:

technically yes ...no black woman harmed but still. None of this is a good look. If I was a supporter, i’d feel some sort of way if I was reeled in and saw who he was engaged to after the fact. But hey he’s not the only one :look: celebs do it too. Jon B is one of the very few that practiced what he preached :drunk:

Nah Black women were probably harmed. I assume all the side chicks were probably Black women. He always used to spit game to Black girls before and after getting with his ex fiancée. He is psycho.

Nah Black women were probably harmed. I assume all the side chicks were probably Black women. He always used to spit game to Black girls before and after getting with his ex fiancée. He is psycho.
Didn’t think of it that way. You’re absolutely right. Well at least on the BW’s behalf, their plan B dirty laundry isn’t attached with a name and a face (or is it? yikes). :confused:I’d be embarrassed as hell. That’s the only positive I can come up with.

Back