Twist/Braid/Bun For Growth Challenge 7/1/13 - 9/30/13

last night I completely lost my mind. I get to my bf's house, reach n my purse, and lo and behold, no scarf! so needless to say my hair was needing some extra moisture this morning. I spritzed my twists' ends with water aloe vera juice and cantu shea butter leave in mix then sealed with my shea butter mix. Then I spritzed my roots and did my scalp massage with the castor/tea tree oil mix. now my hair is n two side buns.

when my bf was driving me home and I was talking about what I was going to have to do he suggested that we buy another scarf to keep at his place :blush: it was sweet.

I haven't been utilizing buns as much as i thought I would.

Yay!! Thank you :grin:. Last night I spritzed my hair with Aphogee ProVitamin leave-in, smoothed on a little bit of condish, and twisted up my hair. I still haven't figured out how to not get little knots at the ends of my twists. There's also hairs that hang off the ends that catches on the ends of other twists and tangles up :perplexed. Any suggestions for this problem?

I put more product on the ends and twirl them around my fingers like how you would do a finger coil that seems to help :/

I put more product on the ends and twirl them around my fingers like how you would do a finger coil that seems to help :/
The thing is that's what I almost always do :ohwell:. I don't tend to have this issue, if I twist my hair after detangling and getting straight out of the shower. But once I go to sleep, my twists shrivel up and the stray hairs are like everywhere :sad:. I haven't down small twists in awhile, but I may not have as much of an issue with them for some reason. I'm just going to let the twists go, and try small braids. I remember having much less issues with them, but they take so much longer to take down :nono:.

The thing is that's what I almost always do :ohwell:. I don't tend to have this issue, if I twist my hair after detangling and getting straight out of the shower. But once I go to sleep, my twists shrivel up and the stray hairs are like everywhere :sad:. I haven't down small twists in awhile, but I may not have as much of an issue with them for some reason. I'm just going to let the twists go, and try small braids. I remember having much less issues with them, but they take so much longer to take down :nono:.

Braids take so long to put in and take down lol but they are really cute and last way longer!

I pincurled my twists to my head. Haven't been doing to much. I've been making earrings lol I've made like 8 pairs so far

I ended up putting in a set of small braids yesterday. I basically did 3-5 braids per twist, and did it while studying. I left the last inch or so loose, and I cleansed, conditioned, and moisturized them this morning. They're really cute, and I can see them lasting for a good while. My only complaint is that my dang kitchen is its own fro :lachen:. It's gotten fuller, and unless I push the hair down, you can't see the base of my last row of braids. It looks like braids sprouting from a dang fro back there!! I've tried to slick the back down before so many times, so I know it's something I'm just going to have to suck up and deal with :spinning:.

I am getting ready to shampoo and condition to prepare for another set of medium twists. My daughter might braid my hair once I move back to MD next month, so I will have to drop out of the rest of this challenge if that's the case since it will be in extensions, but I will keep you all posted. Pictures to come of my medium twists tomorrow or Wednesday...

So my scalp has been itching lately but I haven't wanted to redo my twists. I look at the back of my head and see a spot of flakes. Looks horrid! Had to do a quick cowash with HH Honey, I'm Strong. Was at the boyfriend's so I didn't have any DCs. Luckily I had some Carefree Curl to moisturize and reset my twists. I hope to get two more weeks before a full shampoo.

I decided to do my twists on unstretched hair this time, so I am done and here is the collage I made, with the first picture on the top left being my hair after washing with castor oil on it. I will keep these in for 2-4 weeks, depending on if I get my hair braided or not.

2rz4efa.jpg

I decided to do my twists on unstretched hair this time, so I am done and here is the collage I made, with the first picture on the top left being my hair after washing with castor oil on it. I will keep these in for 2-4 weeks, depending on if I get my hair braided or not.

Very pretty! Are you still braiding at the root before you twist?

So my scalp has been itching lately but I haven't wanted to redo my twists. I look at the back of my head and see a spot of flakes. Looks horrid! Had to do a quick cowash with HH Honey, I'm Strong. Was at the boyfriend's so I didn't have any DCs. Luckily I had some Carefree Curl to moisturize and reset my twists. I hope to get two more weeks before a full shampoo.

What if you do an acv rinse in the meantime?

What if you do an acv rinse in the meantime?

If I was at home I would have done exactly this! I'm going to need to upgrade my hair arsenal at his place. lol

I think I will start incorporating an ACV rinse weekly when I'm in twists. I can't prevent the frizzies whenever I wash them. I end up redoing my whole head.

I took my twists out but I dunno what to do with it now. I posted all those pics to give ideas but now I'm lost lol.

Everyone's hair looks very pretty!!

How's everyone?

I washed my hair today and I just randomly took down a braid. My hurr so shiny! Bout time! Also I used this comb in dye earlier just to play around it was super bright (but then i washed it out) ill attach a pic soon.

Attachments

• image-2294468318.jpg
    image-2294468318.jpg
    357 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Rodded my twists tonight for a twist out tomorrow. Not sure when I will shampoo. But definitely need to get it twisted back up by Sunday.

I have a job interview Monday. It's my first in the UK. I don't know how to do my hair. I was thinking two cornrows along the side like a halo or I would do mini twists and set them on rollers

Igotstripes I like the 2nd idea.

As for me, I put my hair back in medium twists. I need to be able to access my scalp better for my nightly oiling with NJoy's growth oil. :yep:

I used Hairveda Green Tea Butter to twist and they are juicy and moisturized.

My braids have been in for 5 days (well once the sun rises :lol:)! I'm really excited though because I feel the same way about them as I did when I put them in. Still cute! I have a little halo going on at my crown, and my afro kitchen but it's all good :lol:. I love being able to just throw my scarf and go to sleep, and just taking it off in the morning and being done! I still plan to take them out the Monday before my classes start, but this will definitely be my style during finals week and winter break :yep:.

My braids have been in for 5 days (well once the sun rises :lol:)! I'm really excited though because I feel the same way about them as I did when I put them in. Still cute! I have a little halo going on at my crown, and my afro kitchen but it's all good :lol:. I love being able to just throw my scarf and go to sleep, and just taking it off in the morning and being done! I still plan to take them out the Monday before my classes start, but this will definitely be my style during finals week and winter break :yep:.

Good luck on your first day!!

Igotstripes I like the 2nd idea.

As for me, I put my hair back in medium twists. I need to be able to access my scalp better for my nightly oiling with NJoy's growth oil. :yep:

I used Hairveda Green Tea Butter to twist and they are juicy and moisturized.

How do you get her oil?:blush: I need that kind of hair growth and retention!:yep:

Last night I moisturized and sealed my ends with Aphogee Pro-Vitamin leave-in, a tiny bit of GF Pure Clean condish, and my oil mix. My ends were super happy afterwards, but I didn't know how I should leave my hair, so I ended up putting it in a top knot. Well they ended up not liking that and were a bit poofy and stretched out, rather than super curly :ohwell:. I haven't noticed any knotting or stray hairs clinging together, so I guess it's okay. Tonight I gave myself another scalp massage using JBCO on my edges and Vatika oil on the rest. I've been doing massages for about 2 or 3 weeks now and it may have contributed to some additional growth. I used to avoid putting oil on my scalp because the hair police said not to, but too many long-haired ladies do this (especially Indian and Middle Eastern ladies) for to not try it. I also need to get back on my CO HOT because its like the number 1 oil for long haired women world wide :yep:.

Back