Twist/braid/bun For Growth Challenge 2017 (no Extensions)

Spritzed and massaged in Xcel-21 every day this week, did GHE every other day. Redid perimeter twists today.

I think my twists are two weeks old now. I decided to do a scalp exfoliation and a protein treatment today. This evening, I plan on combining these medium-small twists into medium-large twists. I'll probably go back and forth with these two sizes until next month.

I've been taking my braids out for the last 3 days and I've only did 1/4, lol. Hopefully Saturday I can get them all out because I have an appointment for a hair style on sunday.

Ive had these braids in 5 weeks today. I'll be out this challenge 8 weeks and then back in after I take this style out.
I had to reschedule my appointment for the 18th. Im still taking braids out. I just counted the front and I have 21 remaining. Ill finish tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to wash tomorrow evening.

Did the loc method tonight, X-cel 21 as usual. Noticed a couple of split ends that I trimmed (the very, very ends were split) and a couple of really split hairs (3) that I lost (found them earlier in the night when I didn't have the chance to trim them).

Can I join this challenge if I plan to bun but use a bit of marley hair so that the bunned part isn't so puny?
I feel you but no I can't give you that pass. I want to do the same thing but I don't get that pass either. Now if you can do your 5 days with no added hair, you can rock the extension hair for 2 days after that but you will need 5 days straight, just your hair.

Took down twists after two weeks and detangled tonight.

Gosh I remember why I only do around 15 twists normally. It took 5 hours to detangle my hair. IT was also extra dry. I'm not sure if that's because of the Xcel 21 I've started using or what but I had to detangle with my prepoo (PK Elasticizer) rather than using oil and applying after. Wash day tomorrow.

I hennaed overnight on Friday. I steamed/conditioned and let my hair airdry in big braids to stretch on Saturday. I retwisted last night for HOURS!!! Thank goodness I am set for two weeks. I love this challenge because it is keeping me focused on my hair goals. I am also loving the beautiful styles you all are posting!

Put 9 big twists in my hair and clipped them up with a Ficcare. planning to wear this until the end of the week and wash again. I noticed my hair looked really weird. It hung to my shoulders and didn't have as much shrinkage once I moisturized and sealed. It almost looked like I could wear a wash and go.

I have S shaped curls at the front of my head and tighter, pen spring coils in the back. I always wanted my whole head to be S shaped because those curls are so easy to deal with in comparison. Well not the back seems to be approximating the front, but it's a lil creepy. Dunno why it's happening.

Put 9 big twists in my hair and clipped them up with a Ficcare. planning to wear this until the end of the week and wash again. I noticed my hair looked really weird. It hung to my shoulders and didn't have as much shrinkage once I moisturized and sealed. It almost looked like I could wear a wash and go.

I have S shaped curls at the front of my head and tighter, pen spring coils in the back. I always wanted my whole head to be S shaped because those curls are so easy to deal with in comparison. Well not the back seems to be approximating the front, but it's a lil creepy. Dunno why it's happening.

Maybe a growth spurt? I've found that when my hair reaches a new length that it changes the way that it hangs. (Not necessarily to reflect a new milestone length, but maybe a new inch or two.)

I washed, conditioned and roller set yesterday. I trimmed today. Tonight I will go ahead and put it back into twist for the week. I will do bigger flat twist so I can easily take it down over the weekend to moisturize and then put it back up.

Back