Twist/braid/bun For Growth Challenge 2017 (no Extensions)

Used the SM Fruit Fusion shampoo and conditioner yesterday. It's nice but the difference is the low porosity shampoo & conditioner leaves my hair shiny while this line left it dull but soft.

I didn't add anything, just washed conditioned, rinsed and put it in 4 braids to dry. Today I spritzed with water used the low porosity leave in and Qhemet AOHC to moisturize. My hair is in 10 braids now I think. Tomorrow I'll either put in 2 braids or a bun using gel.

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Bunning on freshly relaxed hair and braids after 4 weeks post relaxer.

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? I wash and DC my hair once a week. I wear my hair in a bun or braids for work. At night I moisturise and seal in those braids. I'm in the inversion challenge so for 7 days I also oil my scalp and massage my hair and then invert for 5 minutes.

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Relaxed

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? I want to have healthy hair and scalp and hopefully reach BSL.

5. How often will you restyle your hair? Every Sunday.

6. Include Starting Pic.

Attachments

• 20161213_192039.jpg
    20161213_192039.jpg
    374.1 KB · Views: 100
Can I please join? I keep my hair in plats or twists. Right now I'm working on medium 2 strand twists I hope to be done by tomorrow if not tonight.

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Twists

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? Spritz daily, keep ends hydrated, dc twice a week under heat

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Natural

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? I'd like to retain every strand through very minimal manipulation

5. How often will you restyle your hair? I will redo my twists monthly or bimonthly if I can get away with it

6. Include Starting Pic.[/QUOTE]

20161224_183555.jpg

Last edited:
Can I please join? I keep my hair in plats or twists. Right now I'm working on medium 2 strand twists I hope to be done by tomorrow if not tonight.

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Twists

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? Spritz daily, keep ends hydrated, dc twice a week under heat

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? I'd like to retain every strand through very minimal manipulation

5. How often will you restyle your hair? I will redo my twists monthly or bimonthly if I can get away with it

6. Include Starting Pic.

View attachment 385371 View attachment 385371[/QUOTE]
Welcome. Really pretty hair

~~~~~~~~~~Join the Challenge by Sharing-----------------

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Two flat twists, maybe two braids if I can figure out how to cornrow lol, buns occasionally

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? DC once a week, cowash once a week, add product to ends, oil scalp 4x/ a week, refresh style as needed

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? Hoping to reach close to BSL by Xmas

5. How often will you restyle your hair? Depends on the need. I workout roughly 4x a week so I will need some refreshing of my style.

6. Include Starting Pic. This is from October. My hair isn't quite this light anymore, but I haven't done a length check since so I'll use it.
hairOct16.jpg

Last edited:
For ladies who primarily wear 2 strand twists, do you have any you tube videos you like for beginners? I'd like to be able to install medium 2 strand twists in a way that I can then bun. I work in an office setting where loose twists wouldn't be appropriate but a bun would. Thanks!

Back