Twist, Braid, Bun for Growth Challenge (1/1/13 - 3/31/13)

Today's hair

This is the least stressful bun on my hair and this is how I wear my hair in between mini twisting.

E515D8C2-7A8F-470B-9492-7EB4470F3E6C-3455-00000259E7A06C21.jpg

CA8D3B66-9114-4F82-9C98-438267146729-3455-00000259E75A01BC.jpg

I'm loving wearing a twist out, but by day 4 it looks dry as ash. So...what am I doing wrong? I used KCCC to twist and yes, I have reapplied it when I twisted at night on night 3.

Is there anything that I can use to help my untwisted hair stay shiny? It looked great the first day.

I'm loving wearing a twist out, but by day 4 it looks dry as ash. So...what am I doing wrong? I used KCCC to twist and yes, I have reapplied it when I twisted at night on night 3.

Is there anything that I can use to help my untwisted hair stay shiny? It looked great the first day.

Have you tried applying a little oil when you twist or untwist? Or maybe insteading of retwising with KCCC mixing a little AVG/AVJ and oil?

I would think you could reactivate the KCCC in your hair with a little water without having to reapply and then apply something moisturizing. But if may depend on your hair type.

this is my starting pic!! last year has been very challenging, was cutting all my progress away, but this year I am determined to gain at least 6inches.
this is my starting pic, and my main style will be bunning 7 days a week.

Attachments

• S1440009.jpg
    S1440009.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 78
g.lo thank you!! I look forward to seeing your buns

I'm going to attempt eliminating all tools except my fingers starting today. Does anyone have suggestions on how to do this efficiently? Detangling already takes me 2.5 hours with a comb.

My bun for the day. I'm going to try to keep this in for the week and then attempt a curlformer set this weekend. I even ordered the soft bonnet dryer that the curlformer website endorses so I'm excited to try.

IMG_1110.jpg

IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1115.jpg

Today's hair

This is the least stressful bun on my hair and this is how I wear my hair in between mini twisting.

How'd you do your bun in the back? I might have to copy this style but my roll, tuck, and pins never stay put.

Hi ladies. I've just been wearing my hair in Celies under a satin cap and a beanie for the past few days. The week before it was in a little twist bun. Nothing exciting or spectacular. I've just been hair lazy and this is good for me right now. lol

I finally decided to change my hair since the scalp was not happy with me. I washed with One 'n Only sulfate free shampoo and DC'd with ausie moist 3 minute. I decided to something new this year by blow drying my hair before styling, so after rinsing out my dc I put my hair in 4 cornrows to air dry. Once dry (the next day), I used a blow dryer and stretched my hair. I then put in some Motions Weightless Hairdress (my new :love4: ) and started my mini twist journey. By journey I mean it took me 6h45m to install. FOREVER. I plan on keeping these in for a leat 3 weeks aiming for a month.

I will update my picture probably tomorrow.

Today I am wearing my hair in a side bun! I have rolled and tucked one side and joined everything in a bun! Sorry I am not very creative!

Attachments

• bun.jpg
    bun.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I'm wearing my twists in a pseudo pinup style (like in my avi) with a big barrette. I've been too tired to do much to them so I hope my end aren't angry with me. Lol

As stated before I didn't put my hair in coils on Sunday because it was too late. Then Monday I was tired. Then yesterday I didn't feel like it :ohwell: Now that its Wednesday I refuse to spend 3 hours to take it out on Sunday. So I'm wearing my hair out all week and will get back to the routine on Sunday.

I need to wash and condition my hair first thing in the morning so I have no excuses.

Still wet bunning, Im also doing the LOC method seal. And my ends and hair are loving it. Softee Mango butter grease works well with my hair, esp after doing a co-wash the next day after I apply it. I need some bun accessories..

I unbraided my hair yesterday and oiled the ends with an almond oil mixture. I wore a braid-out for a few hours yesterday before putting my hair into twists and back in a ponytail. I will probably co-wash my hair tomorrow or Friday.

How'd you do your bun in the back? I might have to copy this style but my roll, tuck, and pins never stay put.

It's really easy, I just roll both sides of my hair back and pin in a cross so they stay, then I put my hair in a low pony tail with a scrunchie. Then I just take my longest layer (the bottom layer) and I roll it upward and tuck the ends under. Then I use two pins in a cross to get those ends secure, and use lots of extra pins to pin shorter sections falling out.

bajandoc86 thank you!! Your hair is lovely as well, and sooo thick!

I'm going to set the ends (just the ends) of my twists on perm rods this weekend. I've learned my lesson from rolling the entire length of the twist. I think this will actually come out cute.

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning)?
-Buns and updos.
2. What is your style maintenance regimen?
-Shampoo/cowash + DC weekly (may rinse or cowash during week if necessary), moisturize and seal w/ the LOC method nightly, re-twist hair as needed.
3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning?
-Natural.
4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge?
-Increased moisture levels and length retention.
5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days?
-2 days.
6. Include Starting Pic. (You are not a challenger without a pic).

Attachments

• image-1254480031.jpg
    image-1254480031.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 29
Just got done installing my UGLY medium sized braids. They'll stay in a pony or a bun for the next few weeks. Gives me a chance to play around with different wash/cowash regimen ideas.

I was running late so after I cowashed I didn't have time to put any leave ins in my hair. Really hope by tomorrow it's not a tangled mess. It's just in two bantu knot buns for today.

Does anyone here not use hair products after they wash or cowash their hair?

Tomorrow is finally the day. I'm going to get my hair twisted at 4pm tomorrow :woot:!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I havent really done much since I was last here. I been doing the same thing. Bun, curls, cowash, garlic treatmeny, m/s every other day, deep conditioning and so on.

Back