TWA Support Thread

I took out my weave cause the hair was getting so easily tangled but damnit I already miss the convenience.
I think I'll put in grades before school starts

Eta: braids haha. Curriculum workshop all day, got grades on my mind clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm excited to try to roller set my hair this weekend. I had to go to my storage unit and find my rollers lmao

I hope I have enough for my head though cause I purchased just the regular starter pack (that has all the sizes) and then 2 packs of just the grey ones because that's what I needed when I started rolling (shoot, I probably could have gotten bigger ones but didnt want to order online). So I hope the starter pack has enough or I will be upset cause I'm too broke to buy more rollers (had to buy new running shoes. Stupid running shoes!)

THink I'm gonna graduate myself out of here in a month or so. Picked out my not-so-TWA and it's just a regular 'fro now. She's all big and shiny! :D

[USER=343979 said:
DarkJoy[/USER];18831259]THink I'm gonna graduate myself out of here in a month or so. Picked out my not-so-TWA and it's just a regular 'fro now. She's all big and shiny! :D

Do you have pictures of this big and shiny fro?

:lachen: :lachen: !!!

Dag, ya'll fast off the mark! hahaha! A month, ya'll! One more month!

It shrinks so much I'll NEVER leave TWA until WL so I gotta boot myself sometime. I think another half inch and we gotta roll out. :look: I'll take pictures at that time and ya'll can help me judge. :)

Last edited:
So me and my hair are actually getting a long with each other for once. Its at a length now where I'm more comfortable wearing it out in a wng. When it was in that weird in between phase I really was struggling with it.

Then I went through my bald photo album just to see how far I've come and I starting thinking "Man, I really did like it at the 3wk length after shaving" like that was my fav length. Then I started thinking about going bald again... Then I came across those in between pix =/ I dont think I can deal with the grow out process again. if I ever shave it again its going to stay like that for a real long time :lol:

Seeing so many natural black and black-latina/afro-latina women where I live is giving me all the life. I cant wait till my hair grows out enough to wear it out. It will be a year I have been without relaxer on December 17th. And its already been 5 months since my BC and I have trimmed once. Length check at 6 months soon and will probably look to trim again. My ends are feelin a little dry.

Has anyone else noticed that? Especially when I go to put eco styler in my hair and single, about 1 1/2 - 2 inches feel really silky and nice but the last 1/4 of an inch feels a little dry.
Should I look into getting those pieces trimmed or should I continue P/Sing for awhile and trim at my year nappyversary?

Seeing so many natural black and black-latina/afro-latina women where I live is giving me all the life. I cant wait till my hair grows out enough to wear it out. It will be a year I have been without relaxer on December 17th. And its already been 5 months since my BC and I have trimmed once. Length check at 6 months soon and will probably look to trim again. My ends are feelin a little dry.

Has anyone else noticed that? Especially when I go to put eco styler in my hair and single, about 1 1/2 - 2 inches feel really silky and nice but the last 1/4 of an inch feels a little dry.
Should I look into getting those pieces trimmed or should I continue P/Sing for awhile and trim at my year nappyversary?

I would try doing some type of moisture treatment, heavy sealing and light protein treatment of the ends over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you can't get them to turn around then they need to go. Trying to ride them out, can turn 1/4" to 1/2"

lovely_locks Yeah for me I only have one style and that's wash n gos. It can get boring so I bought some headbands with huge flowers! I can fluff my hair out so it covers the band and then all you can see is the flower! I think its really cute, and easy. I am 100% style challenged and I cannot braid, twist, or anything for the life of me! Just make sure to use the silk covered head bands so you don't damage your hair! HTH

Look yall!!!! I can do a bun now :D

GUESS WHO'S BUNNING EVERYDAY TIL WL?!?!?

THIS KID!!!!!

Ignore the foreigner in the back, he always photo bombs me. And yes, I'm posting this, messy kitchen and all lol

Hello all! Hope you don't mind me jumping in, lol. I just BC'd again, and it's new territory since we moved and I'm not working with ridiculously hard water anymore.

1. BC date: This time...:drunk: July 27th, 2013

2. Hair type/ describe your hair: 4a/4b I think...I'm still confused about what's going on with the top of my head, lol. All of my hair has a curl pattern, I'll just leave it there. :)

3. Reggie/Products:

Modified CG
Poo: CD Tui sulfate-free shampoo
Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
DC: Shea Moisture DTM
Leave-in: KCKT
Styler: KCCC, EcoStyler Argan Oil
Oils: Jojoba, Apricot (on the fence about it), thinking about trying either avocado or sweet almond next...I need something light.

4. Goal(s): Just health, I guess. And a ponytail...I like ponytails. :look:

5. Pic of most recent BC in the signature

:bighug: I know it's tough. Try to hand in there. Most of us have issues with our crown. My crown is straight as well. Sometimes it just takes a while for the crown to hydrate and heal itself. This may be the case with you. Give it a while longer and you will grow your twa out and have more options.

I kno my crown is a little more difficult. But in the flip side, it's easier to detangle for some reason

The only thing that keeps me a little excited about my hair is experimenting with different styling products for my wash n go. I've tried almost everything from Miss Jessie's, a few things from beautiful textures and one curl jelly sample. (can't remember where that one is from. I'll check when I get home)

I really like the last one a lot because it seems to be the only one that doesn't leave some sort of visible residue on my hair.

I tell you, this is the ONLY thing that keeps me going. Can't wait until my hair gets long enough to bun.

lovely_locks Yeah for me I only have one style and that's wash n gos. It can get boring so I bought some headbands with huge flowers! I can fluff my hair out so it covers the band and then all you can see is the flower! I think its really cute, and easy. I am 100% style challenged and I cannot braid, twist, or anything for the life of me! Just make sure to use the silk covered head bands so you don't damage your hair! HTH

You have more length then I. I can't even fluff up!

I would try doing some type of moisture treatment, heavy sealing and light protein treatment of the ends over the next 2 to 3 weeks. If you can't get them to turn around then they need to go. Trying to ride them out, can turn 1/4" to 1/2"

Yeah. Hopefully I can make these braids last through the weekend. I may have to take them down sunday and then wig again until I can buy hair to do another braid install. My scalp is so dry and flaky :(

Back