Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Everyone is doing so well. Alot of one year-ers !!!! Congrats. I'm glad that we are all hanging in there. I will be 18 months post tomorrow. Yea me. Going to celebrate with some hair pampering since I am off tomorrow!!! Going back to braidouts on semi blow dried hair for the rest of the summer.

Keep it up ladies, HHG

I'm in m 13th month, thinking of getting a layered bob because the back of my relaxed hair is thin and I have a bunch of all natural hair. I was thinking of keeping my length in the front so when I look in the mirror I can still see some type of length :) Anyone ever thought of this?
My hair is bsl and I can't take it anymore :(

I think whats going to keep me motivated on this transition is stretchers. Everytime I see somebody stretching their relaxer for 6+ months I always say, "If they are doing it, and they are only stretching, I can go further than that." Maybe I should go stalk the long term stretchers thread...

I want to join!..I am already natural, but I have heat damaged hair from going to the salon (where she put a tremendous amount of heat on my hair) for 3 years. My heat damaged ends are bone straight, there's no curl pattern left :(.
So I have stopped going to the salon (my last trip was in January) and I am doing my hair myself completely...
I am just keeping a simple regimen, wash and dc once a week and then twist or braid my hair for 5 days and wear twistouts/braidouts for 2 days.

maybe this isn't the right thread.

Last edited:
I'm a little past 13 months now and I'm in the process of changing up my regimen because I'm having some tangling and breakage issues. I don't want to chop just yet (at least 5 more mos. to go) but I am considering trimming a couple of inches at least.

I'd like to join I'm a newbie and it's been 3 months since my last relaxer.

Welcome! I'm nearing three months on Thursday.

Ladies, I had a "d'oh" moment. I'm 5'2 and I just realized that I was measuring length wrongly. The thing is that I thought my bsl point was fine; but, I realized that the way my bra lays, it takes to mbl. Ugh! I still believe I'm close to bsl (I haven't used heat to measure yet), though.

Last edited:
Welcome Nikki B!

I am excited to say that today is my birthday and it's been over a month since I've used heat! :yahoo:

Transitioning is going very well. My mom makes comments every once in a while like "Woo imagine how long you hair would be if you permed it now? OMG!" I'm still juicin' with my Wave Nouveau (that might be spelled wrong but I'm not getting up to check the bottle!) and my hair feels amazing!

Welcome Nikki B!

I am excited to say that today is my birthday and it's been over a month since I've used heat! :yahoo:

Transitioning is going very well. My mom makes comments every once in a while like "Woo imagine how long you hair would be if you permed it now? OMG!" I'm still juicin' with my Wave Nouveau (that might be spelled wrong but I'm not getting up to check the bottle!) and my hair feels amazing!

Negativity knows no bounds. Assuming that your hair would be long and healthy due to perming is just :wallbash:

I'm glad things are working out for you. The same is applying here. But, I'm still early.

I have been transitioning from a full relaxer one year and texlaxed transitioning 5 months. I want to wait a little long for my BC

Attachments

• Kwanza.jpg
    Kwanza.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 28
I flat ironed my hair yesterday and it looks nice. :gorgeous: It's now touching BSL. My question is do you transitioners loose a lot of hair when flat ironing? Or is it just me? I am extremely gentle. I airdry, finger detangle, wide tooth detangle, then fine tooth detangle, then chase my Chi with the wide tooth twice. I lose the same amount when I use my maxiglide too. :ohwell:

Lemme guess, I should totally avoid the fine tooth, right? Ladies please chime in. :perplexed

I made 1 year post at the end of July :dance7:!!!!! WOO HOO!!

I really cannot believe I made it this far, I am the most impatient person I know. I keep waiting for this to get unbearable but it actually has not been too bad, I was expecting way worse lol. I blew my hair out and flat ironed it yesterday, I am about a 1/4" past my bra strap. I should be full MBL by the end of the year so after that I'll just maintain with trims ever 8-10 weeks until all the relaxer is gone. There is no way I am chopping anytime soon, I still have 12 inches of healthy relaxed hair. Thanks ladies, you are all really awesome!

I flat ironed my hair yesterday and it looks nice. :gorgeous: It's now touching BSL. My question is do you transitioners loose a lot of hair when flat ironing? Or is it just me? I am extremely gentle. I airdry, finger detangle, wide tooth detangle, then fine tooth detangle, then chase my Chi with the wide tooth twice. I lose the same amount when I use my maxiglide too. :ohwell:

Lemme guess, I should totally avoid the fine tooth, right? Ladies please chime in. :perplexed

I'm pretty gentle with my hair too but I also lose hair. As long as its not an alarming or unusual amount I try not to worry about it. Congrats on making a year!

I love this tread, so much encouragement and support. Keep it up ladies!:)

off topic question:

I'm thinking of posting some products on the 'exchange/sell' forum. I've never done this before. Anything I should look out for? I'm worried about the shipping cost making it not really worth it.

Just checking in.

I'm 21 weeks post and I just took out some braids which I wore for 6 weeks. I think I'll start taking pics of my new growth when i get more of it. I think I have about an inch of it.

I used jbco for the first time yesterday. It was stinky at first, but the smell wore off. I hope i see some results.

I am 5 months post ( 21 weeks and 5 days lol). Anyway I am feeling the urge to relaxe right now... but i will hold off the relaxer i have at home. I am actually going to get rid of it this week end and bringing it to my sister since she is still relaxed and have no thoughts of relaxing her hair.

:yay:I'm 8 months post as of August 1st!:yay:

I'm doing it! I'm actually doing it! :grin: I've never gone this far without relaxing before! No breakage, no knots, smooth riding throughout!

1 year post, here I come! :grin:

Wow, so many women going natural.....this is great.

DO NOT GIVE UP. KEEP GOING.

WHEN IT GETS TOUGH GET IN THIS THREAD AND TELL US. WE'LL TALK YOU OUT OF GETTING THAT CREAMY CRACK.

Wow, so many women going natural.....this is great.

DO NOT GIVE UP. KEEP GOING.

WHEN IT GETS TOUGH GET IN THIS THREAD AND TELL US. WE'LL TALK YOU OUT OF GETTING THAT CREAMY CRACK.

I'm trying to be strong, but I'm starting to miss wearing my hair down and straight more often! I'm 18 and a half weeks in and I can't style my hair because I'm trying to limit my manipulation! I live in Florida, so I can't straighten until the summer's over, and I really don't like fake hair.

I feel like I'm out of options, but I don't want to give up! I'm just looking for some support before I go back... :nono:

I'm trying to be strong, but I'm starting to miss wearing my hair down and straight more often! I'm 18 and a half weeks in and I can't style my hair because I'm trying to limit my manipulation! I live in Florida, so I can't straighten until the summer's over, and I really don't like fake hair.

I feel like I'm out of options, but I don't want to give up! I'm just looking for some support before I go back... :nono:

Have you thought about braids?

I am 5 months post ( 21 weeks and 5 days lol). Anyway I am feeling the urge to relaxe right now... but i will hold off the relaxer i have at home. I am actually going to get rid of it this week end and bringing it to my sister since she is still relaxed and have no thoughts of relaxing her hair.

OOOOOHHHH POUTCHI YOU BETTER NOT!!! You're not satisfied with the BKT?

-With love from your fellow lista ILuvGrease lol

I have, but they make my scalp itch soooo bad no matter what I do to it. Shampoo, condition, water, glycerin, scalp treatments, whatever. You name it, I've tried it. It also itches with or without extensions.

What about half wigs or phony ponies? And I see you are SL. Your hair is long enough for twistouts, braidouts, and bantu knot outs! Have you tried those? Curlformers are also a good option.

Back