Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Maybe it's the relaxer withdrawal stage? Hang on, sister!

It's okay. I prayed and I'm holding on! My whole reason for going natural was to see my hair as God originally gave it to me. I just needed to be reminded of that.

I bought an inexpensive half wig online. It looks pretty natural. I'm going to try it out. DH won't like it, but he'll deal when I tell him it's for protecting my hair to gain length. :lol:

What about half wigs or phony ponies? And I see you are SL. Your hair is long enough for twistouts, braidouts, and bantu knot outs! Have you tried those? Curlformers are also a good option.

I'm a Floridian. Those styles do NOT work on my hair in this humidity. :lol: It's like walking into a steam room when you go outside! Hopefully the half wig will help.:ohwell: I just have to get through the next 4 months...:look:

I'm trying to be strong, but I'm starting to miss wearing my hair down and straight more often! I'm 18 and a half weeks in and I can't style my hair because I'm trying to limit my manipulation! I live in Florida, so I can't straighten until the summer's over, and I really don't like fake hair.

I feel like I'm out of options, but I don't want to give up! I'm just looking for some support before I go back... :nono:

You better not relax or I'll kick your butt!!! :spank:

Hang on Ladies!!! I'm fully natural but I did take the journey that you ladies did.......even now 6yrs later I still sometimes get the urge to relax again lol

But just think how happy you will be once your fully natural.....I know I love my natural hair......even when it acts up......

Be strong and know there is always a light at the end of the tunnel ......many blessings to you all!!

I have decided to transition. I'm only 7 weeks in but you gotta start somewhere. I plan on transitioning for at least 18-24 months. I don't want to rock a TWA. But I know i'm going to need ALOT of support because I've never stretched more than 12 weeks. I know this will be extremely hard for me but I am up for the challenge.

I have decided to transition. I'm only 7 weeks in but you gotta start somewhere. I plan on transitioning for at least 18-24 months. I don't want to rock a TWA. But I know i'm going to need ALOT of support because I've never stretched more than 12 weeks. I know this will be extremely hard for me but I am up for the challenge.

:welcome:

Research, research, research! But, remember, be mindful of your own hair's needs as well.

:congrats: and :welcome4:

Its gonna take some patience to find out what's the right regimen and the right products for your new texture, but it will be well worth it.

Welcome! I've never stretched past four weeks :nono: and now I'm almost at 18! I never thought I could make it this far :yep:

I'm trying to be strong, but I'm starting to miss wearing my hair down and straight more often! I'm 18 and a half weeks in and I can't style my hair because I'm trying to limit my manipulation! I live in Florida, so I can't straighten until the summer's over, and I really don't like fake hair.

I feel like I'm out of options, but I don't want to give up! I'm just looking for some support before I go back... :nono:

Don't give up. I will be 19 weeks on Friday. I missed having my hair down so much that I went ahead and blow dried it out and flat ironed on Monday night. Yeahhhhhh.....That didn't go too well. First of all...my ends were not happy about it at all. Second...I'm in South Florida. It rained Tuesday morning (HA HA HA HA HA). Even though it is a bit easier to handle right now, my hair exploded all over the place and had to be contained in a ponytail. Trust me...you DON'T want to press your hair.

I still haven't figured out what works well for my hair and what doesn't. I know it's hard, but you've come so far. Seven (7) more weeks until we hit the half year mark. Just keep repeating that to yourself. 7 more weeks, 7 more weeks....

Remember....we are here with you if you need anything.

I have a question. About how many months into a transition would you be out of the TWA faze if you BC? Because with this shrinkage I'm pretty sure I'll still have a TWA at a year post...

I have a question. About how many months into a transition would you be out of the TWA faze if you BC? Because with this shrinkage I'm pretty sure I'll still have a TWA at a year post...

That's why I changed my mind about BCing. I've looked at a LOT of pictures of natural hair, and it depends. I've seen some 4b BSL stretched hair that's NL unstretched. That's after three years.

I think for you it would be more like 18 months because I think you're going to be 3c after you BC

Alright ladies I think I'm ready for a sew in. I don't have much money so what's a decent brand of human hair (or blend i dont care) that doesn't cost much? And how do you take care of the hair underneath? I think I want a straight weave or the kind that can go wavy when wet...idk I've seen it on hairsisters. But my bday is Sept 1 and I want a cute style other than my braidouts but its still too hot to straighten my hair! Help me out please!!!

So since no one came in to HELP me lol I bought some phony ponies and updos and will probably do one of them for my bday. Much cheaper than a wig or weave and they were very cute!

Has anyone bunned their whole transition?

I'm almost 14 months post and have been bunning for the past 5 months. It seemed that after month 8 my braidouts were not looking good, not holding and becoming too poofy so I started bunning.

Honestly, I think at about 15 months if your hair grows at 1/2 inch per month. With my 4a/front and 4b/back hair, it still looks short at 15 months (to me). However, it is long enough for puffs, twists, etc. I am going to hang on until 18 months and then trim the remaining ends off the front.:yep:

In the pics below, my hair in back is just over 7 inches long but you would never know it!

Attachments

• 079.jpg
    079.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 51
Don't give up. I will be 19 weeks on Friday. I missed having my hair down so much that I went ahead and blow dried it out and flat ironed on Monday night. Yeahhhhhh.....That didn't go too well. First of all...my ends were not happy about it at all. Second...I'm in South Florida. It rained Tuesday morning (HA HA HA HA HA). Even though it is a bit easier to handle right now, my hair exploded all over the place and had to be contained in a ponytail. Trust me...you DON'T want to press your hair.

I still haven't figured out what works well for my hair and what doesn't. I know it's hard, but you've come so far. Seven (7) more weeks until we hit the half year mark. Just keep repeating that to yourself. 7 more weeks, 7 more weeks....

Remember....we are here with you if you need anything.

Thanks so much! It's great to know that there are fellow Floridians dealing with the humidity while transitioning! And you can trust that straightening is out of the question until December at the EARLIEST. :lol: I can't believe it'll be 6 months so soon! I'm excited!:grin:

Back