Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

7.5 months post, still been wearing my hair straight via flat irons at the salon.

I have been trying to perfect flat iron method myself, so I won't have to spend so much money in the salon. My flat iron last night was okay, better than last time, but still needs ALOT of improvement to be salon quality. I think I am shampooing too hard and my hair ends up drying out.

Hey ladies...jus popping my head in to say...i think i want to start transitioning to natural next year...hopefully there will be a thread for me then?

I chopped a huge chunk of hair from my nape on Friday and now I am completely regretting it. I'm such a weirdo, I wanted to see a "fully natural" piece of hair in my head.

My transition isn't going so hot - I tried a weave, but it was super itchy and didn't last past two weeks. My goal is to avoid heat but I'm itching to just flatiron it.

I guess I'll keep bunning and wish for the best.

Thanks for letting me vent.

A dominican blowout is a transitioning girls best friend. Its a nice break from having to fight 2 textures. Wish they were around sooner.

I am 25 months post and am still wigging it. I think I will do a mini chop around the 4th of July. Hopefully by then 3/4ths of my entire head will be natural and I won't lose a drastic amount of length. Keep up the good work ladies!

18 months down... And I finally reached BSL. Hopefully I can make it another 18.

Attachments

• 1beforeafter2010.jpg
    1beforeafter2010.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 1bsl2010.jpg
    1bsl2010.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 58
38 weeks post and I'm getting the itch to BC. Not doing it though... I was bunning for the last 2 weeks, but I'm sick of that now. I need to find more low manipulation styles.

Just made 6 months post on saturday....so far so good. I'm still using BKT, but I've decided to avoid flat-ironing until late May. I'll flat-iron then for my fiance's graduation, and hopefully I will have made APL. I'll be bunning/cowashing/jherri juicing it until then:look::grin:

me at 41+ weeks.. it's getting hard. i'll be at 42 weeks tomorrow.. :yay: almost 10 months.. WOW.. :shocked:

DSCN0332.jpg

I'm transitioning as well so I don't feel so bad hijacking this thread...

Malibu - your progress is super incredible!!!!

I am 25 months post and am still wigging it. I think I will do a mini chop around the 4th of July. Hopefully by then 3/4ths of my entire head will be natural and I won't lose a drastic amount of length. Keep up the good work ladies!

Just made 6 months post on saturday....so far so good. I'm still using BKT, but I've decided to avoid flat-ironing until late May. I'll flat-iron then for my fiance's graduation, and hopefully I will have made APL. I'll be bunning/cowashing/jherri juicing it until then:look::grin:

What are you juicing with? I've been eyeballing that Jherri Juice challenge wondering how that would work for transitioning.

12mos., 3wks and 2days...and counting.

Still have the feed-ins, but they're starting to look rather unkempt (no silk scarf in the world could hold all of the frizziness, lol), so they are coming out this wkend (if possible). A little worried about some breakage, but if any, I'll baby my hair until it looks/feels healthy again. I AM excited to see how much new growth I gained (if any) and to try out the Pantene Relaxed/Natural Breakage Defense DEEP conditioner I bought on Amazon. :D

Last edited:
the 29th marked 10 months post. I need to take some pics to se ehow long my hair is. I dont think I'll make APL by the one year mark, but I'm still pushing.

Mostly bunning

I'm 41 weeks and 1 day post! Transition going good. I'm in a sew in with Halley's Curls Creole Wavy, and blends perfect with my new growth. This is my 2nd install with the hair. The first was in for 8 weeks from Jan-March of this year. I've had this install in a week, and looking to go another 7 weeks. I may try crochet braids as my next PS. Gotta keep my hair "hidden" from myself in order to resist the urge to BC lol. Good job transitioning ladies, keep it up!

Last edited:
I'm 41 weeks post and all is still going well. I learn more about my hair each day. I am transitioning without BC'ing as well as without weave, wigs, or braids. For the first 6-7 months, bantu knots worked well for me, now not so much but braidouts work for me. Its also easier to get my hair into a bun than it was before...I'm guessing this is because my hair is growing out. So at night if for any reason I don't "set" it for a style to wear the next morning (braidout, twistout, or bantu knots), I can now at least wake up and bun it with a cute headband. :)

Lawd....Its a journey but I'm enjoying it!

I'm almost 21 weeks in...as of late, I've been wearing rod sets...They are the bomb! I love it, but it's harder to do the back of my hair since I cut it to NL for my first trim. I am eager to get to my big chop date, but I still have some months to go...

56 Weeks post. A bit over a year. When I started, I wanted to "transition" from bone straight to texturized. I am now toying with the idea of going natural.

But right now, I am in box braids. Hoping these bad boys will take to me to June or July.

Back