Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I'm 20 weeks post already! Time flies! I'm wearing a flexirod set at the moment. I plan on keeping it in for at least 3 days and then redo.

47 weeks post!:grin::yahoo::yay: I'll be 11 months post on the 25th. I have never gone this long without a touchup. Keep up the good work ladies!:bouncy:

I need to figure out a way to combat frizziness at the roots after I plait my hair on wash days. Not really feeling my braidouts on day 1, but day 2 and beyond gets better.

10 months post-relaxer. I can't believe I am 2 months away from being a year since my last relaxer. It seems as if time flew by after month 6.

I will be 2 years post on Monday and I only have about 1-2 inches left on the upper layers. the bottom layers are all natural. i am almost there yet. by June (when I expect to be BSL on my bottom layer) i will make sure I am all natural by cutting whatever is left.

16 months post. It's funny how my hair seems to be getting shorter. I figured out that for me the more new growth I have, the more my hair shrinks.

ive been transitioning since aug 09 and every month i get rid of a little of my relaxed ends it makes my hair easier to manage with out it im just to much of a punk to bc, its glad to know im not alone. but i realy cant tell how much my hair has grown because my curl pattern is so tight.

ive been transitioning since aug 09 and every month i get rid of a little of my relaxed ends it makes my hair easier to manage with out it im just to much of a punk to bc, its glad to know im not alone. but i realy cant tell how much my hair has grown because my curl pattern is so tight.

My last relaxer was August 09 too! I just started trimming my ends... most for split ends and to keep things even.

Good luck!

I have 4a hair and have not found it difficult managing to two textures as long as I use the Crown and Glory wash method!!!

ITA! As long as I keep my hair braided and I don't have to manipulate my hair, then it really isn't that difficult. A few months back, I was doing braid-out/pin ups and even that was too much manipulation; I experienced a bit of breakage. Now, keping my hair braided is seeing me through growing out my bone straight relaxed ends. :yep:

Hey ladies I update my fotki the other day with my transition results so far, as well as measurements and a couple pics. I am only 3 months post but did a mini chop in january hair back to MBL.

I'm still here. 10 1/2 months post. I took out my 5lb tub of relaxer and got ready to head out to the salon but had a change of heart at the last minute. I've been having an awful time getting my hair to look decent because I don't have TIME to do anything to it... I've been doing textured looks for the past couple of weeks but will be going back to my trusted rollerset and flat iron on Saturday afternoon. Can't be looking a HAM at church over the next week.

I get my shea butter from the beauty supply store. I was surprise that its 100% shea butter which is rare when I go to other beauty stores. Have you checked a store near you?

I had some all along and didn't even know it. A big tub too. :spinning: I don't know how I missed it. But we don't have beauty supply stores here. :ohwell:

16 weeks post this weekend. Currently in a protective full weave for the next 10 weeks. I'm getting so impatient, so I decided to hide my hair from myself

36 weeks and going strong. I have stopped flatironing so often and decided to bun as much as possible. I am loving my waves right now...no thoughts of going back to relaxers. I am having thoughts of BC'ing, but I'm fighting them off with chocolate. LOL

36 weeks post. Still hanging one. I went to target and got some suave shea butter ( new one) and suave humectant. Going to co wash and do a braid out.

i am almost done. 2+ years post with about an inch in the front and maybe 1/4-1/2 inch in the back (though i could be lying. it seems all natural to me). by june, i WILL remove this last inch lol

Almost 7 weeks and I chopped off a half inch...again! I am fighting the urge to cut this whole situation off and wig it. I am still at neck length though with about an inch of new growth.Getting closer to being natural one 1/2 inch chop a month at a time!

I'm removing my Senegalese Twists now. I plan to detangle then probably do a Henna treatment. I'm going to try take a break from braids and twists for a while. I plan to go back to my Ayurvedic routine and try more transitioning styles.

i am currently 46 weeks and i have had this weave in for 9 weeks now. and i keep playing with my leave out:wallbash:...i literally bough 15 different hair products for natural hair just so i can use it on my leave out! :look: i am soo anxious but i feel that my patience will soon be rewarded.:yep:

36 weeks and going strong. I have stopped flatironing so often and decided to bun as much as possible. I am loving my waves right now...no thoughts of going back to relaxers. I am having thoughts of BC'ing, but I'm fighting them off with chocolate. LOL

I love your siggy!

18 months post this month! I straightened my hair last week after my usual three month break and I'm really close to full mid back!
I also did a tiiiiny chop *like...lol I grabbed a small chunk of hair and snipped* If I cut all my relaxed ends off I will be collar bone length stretch, I'm not ready for that short lol. So I'm going to keep on growing :yep:

Tomorrow, I will be 20 weeks...sigh*** I don't know what to do with it. I attempted a perm rod twist out, but that didn't work out. I wish I could tell what my hair texture is going to be...

I know I'm super late but...

right now I'm sitting at 37 weeks post and I just did a mini chop about two weeks ago putting my right at APL. I was bunning for about the first 6 months and then switched to wigs/half wigs in January. I'm trying to keep it covered as much as possible to avoid the temptation to chop. I think I have about 4inches of new growth right now but I don't feel like that's enough to chop. I'm trying to make it until November which would put me at 18 month post. I may even go longer depending on my growth at that point. I'm just trying to focus on moisture to keep the demarcation line from breaking.

Last edited:
Back