Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

SuchaLady I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Transitioning can be tough some times. All I can say is transitioning takes a great deal of patience. There are a number of different tricks and tips that make it easier for different people and honestly had it not been for my QOD MAX Organiq Treatments every 4-5 months I would not have made it this time. It really helped with the line of demarcation, detangling, and integrity/strength of my hair. It just may take some time for you to find that special thing that works for you. In the mean time put your hair up and away so you don't have to think about it :) HHG!

Thank you. I guess I will hold on. :ohwell: *sigh*

I'm sorry I'm being so dramatic y'all. I want to say that I'm not this dramatic in real life but that would be a lie. I'm just as extra :look:

SuchaLady I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. Transitioning can be tough some times. All I can say is transitioning takes a great deal of patience. There are a number of different tricks and tips that make it easier for different people and honestly had it not been for my QOD MAX Organiq Treatments every 4-5 months I would not have made it this time. It really helped with the line of demarcation, detangling, and integrity/strength of my hair.

It just may take some time for you to find that special thing that works for you. In the mean time put your hair up and away so you don't have to think about it :)

HHG!

That's sounds interesting. I just did a little research and you have to blow dry twice and flat iron @ 450 all with no heat protection! That makes me really really nervous! I have fine strands and don't want heat damage. Does your hair bounce back? Or could you give me more details of how you do it.

That's sounds interesting. I just did a little research and you have to blow dry twice and flat iron @ 450 all with no heat protection! That makes me really really nervous! I have fine strands and don't want heat damage. Does your hair bounce back? Or could you give me more details of how you do it.

Yeah freckledface that's what their instructions say but not at all how I did it. Let me find my post for you....back in a few

ive always been interested in these type if products but too scared to try ( fine strands here too)

ive always been interested in these type if products but too scared to try ( fine strands here too)

Completely understandable. My hair is fine as well and I had a bad experience with the Liquid Gold BKT a few years ago. With the QOD I don't use high heat and don't blow dry the way they recommend, I tension blow dry. The first time I did it I even just sat under the Pibbs dryer for the first of 2 blow drys required. It turned out great in spite of my changing the method (thank goodness). Since doing it I've had no negative side effects or loss in curl pattern.

But you have to do what you're comfortable with :)

These recent chops... :lick: pretty hair. I need to go sit down. I've recently been looking ahead on the calendar for "chop dates" (i.e ooh I could chop for my bday... or for New Years... or...). I'm so bored and this MD heat is drying the sh*t out of my hair. A mess.

So since my cut, the back of my hair is totally curly (and short). A rude *** coworker walked by and said, "Girl I was about to yell out, Who Is That Dude Sitting in Tapioca's Seat??" I'm like seriously, I look like a dude now huh.... okay... Smh. :nono: I was already having a bad morning so I wanted to kick her in the ovary but I managed to contain myself.

I lightly blew out my hair on med. heat and pressed on 280 so that I could dust my ends. As far as length goes I'm dangerously close to MBL again. This time I plan to stay there and in December I hope to be grazing WL. Fingaz' Crossed.....y'all know I love scissors.

Sorry about the dent...Buns, what cha' gon' do?!

lightpress7.1.14.jpg

Nervous about keeping this sew in for another 2 months until I'm 7 months post. I'm nervous in general about this stretch!!!

I want to color but I'm nervous. I pray I don't get breakage from not relaxing. I just want full CBL hair :( I feel like I won't get there :(

I miss my slick buns. I'm going through my pics and I looked so cute last summer with my high buns and sundresses. This hair won't slick. For nothing. The only thing that got it laid down was ampro :look: which I didn't mind at all. It just looked ashy by day 3.

I absolutely refuse to flat iron my hair for a bun. That's ludicrous.

I miss my slick buns. I'm going through my pics and I looked so cute last summer with my high buns and sundresses. This hair won't slick. For nothing. The only thing that got it laid down was ampro :look: which I didn't mind at all. It just looked ashy by day 3.

I absolutely refuse to flat iron my hair for a bun. That's ludicrous.

Am pro is my go to....I'm trying out the Eco styler next though....gonna get that huge one for 9.99

Am pro is my go to....I'm trying out the Eco styler next though....gonna get that huge one for 9.99

I just saw that at Sally's about an hour ago. It wasn't far from the relaxer :look: I purchased the black Eco Styler. It's a hold of 8 but it says something like for stylist and natural hair use. I hope it's decent. It does contain protein but I don't think it's one that's considered drying. What do I have to lose? :rolleyes:

I just saw that at Sally's about an hour ago. It wasn't far from the relaxer :look: I purchased the black Eco Styler. It's a hold of 8 but it says something like for stylist and natural hair use. I hope it's decent. It does contain protein but I don't think it's one that's considered drying. What do I have to lose? :rolleyes:

They have a protein on thats a 10 too....

Ooooh....what did u get?

ORS Curls Unleashed Curl refresher and Beautiful Textures Hair Creme something. I'm gonna layer them. And I totally missed a 10 hold black Eco. Sally's is too far away from my house to exchange it though. I may be headed to a regular BSS tomorrow :look:

I am officially 7 months post! Whoever decided to give the name "journey" to a black woman growing out her hair, ain't neva lied. This is quite THE journey. I'm enjoying it so far tho and feel like I'm on cruise control.

However, I still haven't had a successful twist out, braid out, Bantu knot out, etc so my hair mainly stays in buns or updos. Maybe I'll master those when I'm ten months post lol

i still have a lot of echo styler. made my hair a bit hard and gives me flakes when i take bun down.
to avoid that now: i use oil on top of the gel.

i have the green one( olive oil).

I am officially 7 months post! Whoever decided to give the name "journey" to a black woman growing out her hair, ain't neva lied. This is quite THE journey. I'm enjoying it so far tho and feel like I'm on cruise control. However, I still haven't had a successful twist out, braid out, Bantu knot out, etc so my hair mainly stays in buns or updos. Maybe I'll master those when I'm ten months post lol

im also 7 months post. ;-)

still kinda easy except some days where the 2 textures bother me and get tangled together.
i have to detangle in sections, add pre poo ,dc in sections.
i never liked taking hours on my hair. so here i go again....

Back