Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Finally! Length check, trim and trying of the new beautiful textures, naturally straight system. Full review will be provided soon. Here are pictures in interim, also have to update with final results. BTW 16mnth post

Sent from my Galaxy
Ooooh I think we might be hair twins! :hug2: :lol:

Please post more pics. :yep:

Various ways I wear my twist outs. image-4051444140.jpg
Ladies, what do you roll your ends w/? (I noticed my flexi rods are worn out and may be hurting my ends)

Last edited:
I am so sorry the pics didn't come out for you. I am hopeless with attaching photos. Did you experience scab hair? Best, Almond Eyes
No scab hair as far as I can tell. I am loving my coils, I can't stop touching them. I'm experimenting with different techniques and products to define and soften at the same time...almost there.

Well sharifeh I'm doing the unthinkable. A textured hairstyle :look: Who would've ever thought but this GA heat has me looking like a Chia Pet or a Bonsai plant. Whichever looks worse :drunk: I'm attempting this style next wash day. Can't tell you when that will be either :yawn:

Attachments

• image-1442102852.jpg
    image-1442102852.jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 80
Well sharifeh I'm doing the unthinkable. A textured hairstyle :look: Who would've ever thought but this GA heat has me looking like a Chia Pet or a Bonsai plant. Whichever looks worse :drunk: I'm attempting this style next wash day. Can't tell you when that will be either :yawn:

Lol...I'm washing my hair today and had the nerve to think about straightening it...which would be a joke.
.as soon as I walk outside that would be a wrap...lol...
What part of GA are u in? I'm in ATL.

Back in weave until September.

I feel like I have a gameplan finally established (took a good 1.5 years on LHCF) but I'm gonna rock weaves every 2-3 months until my hair is APL and then I'm gonna stick to heat training my hair to be a straight haired natural. My goal is to be APL around December, and then rock mini braids as my goto!

So excited!

So....I just took my braids or and...sigh....I really how my natural hair looks better once I chop these ends off..cuz right now I know why I always relaxed... I Am getting discouraged..and three ends looks so raggedy...lol
Oh..well I'm conditioning...then putting in a semi colour and then braiding it back up

I did the ion keratin treatment last night and my hair straightened so easy... I want to see how it does against this miami heat
My hair feels like its relaxed but thicker/with more weight. Even my mom said I really don't need a perm with this product. My hair hasn't been this straight since I got a relaxer last year.

I want to try the qod line after this bottle is done and also the chi enviro. Time to make this transition much easier

Be back with pictures later

I did the ion keratin treatment last night and my hair straightened so easy... I want to see how it does against this miami heat
My hair feels like its relaxed but thicker/with more weight. Even my mom said I really don't need a perm with this product. My hair hasn't been this straight since I got a relaxer last year.

I want to try the qod line after this bottle is done and also the chi enviro. Time to make this transition much easier

Be back with pictures later

Who makes the ion keratin treatment

Well SuchaLady I'm doing the unthinkable. A textured hairstyle :look: Who would've ever thought but this GA heat has me looking like a Chia Pet or a Bonsai plant. Whichever looks worse :drunk: I'm attempting this style next wash day. Can't tell you when that will be either :yawn:

Wow i havent tried that yet :look:

How are you gonna achieve that style? Braid out ?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I did the ion keratin treatment last night and my hair straightened so easy... I want to see how it does against this miami heat My hair feels like its relaxed but thicker/with more weight. Even my mom said I really don't need a perm with this product. My hair hasn't been this straight since I got a relaxer last year. I want to try the qod line after this bottle is done and also the chi enviro. Time to make this transition much easier Be back with pictures later

ScorpioLove

So the relaxed hair is unharmed by the keratin treatment?

@suchlady

I think I'm doing a keratin treatment next Friday
Btw I still haven't taken down this weave... :look:

Lol...I'm washing my hair today and had the nerve to think about straightening it...which would be a joke. .as soon as I walk outside that would be a wrap...lol... What part of GA are u in? I'm in ATL.

Yeah no straightening for me until the fall. It's wasted heat at this point. I'm in SouthEast GA.

i want to try out a half wig. need to find that.... this week before my weekend to north france (normandy).

i need to find time betWeen work,kids, food shopping...

do you think i should not have a leave out? i guess i will need heat unless i find a curly wig ( that will match my hair and texture of 4b)...
cant they make up more wigs that look like real black hair. :-/

any ideas?
coolsista-paris, check out this thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=20173855#post20173855

Keratin treatment with the Ion brand at sallys ($20) on 41 weeks post hair

I first oiled my hair then conditioned it with hehh. Then washed it with Giovanni shampoo. (The orange one with tangerines ) I washed my hair like three . The shampoo is technically sulfate free but that's all I had. I believe you're supposed to wash with a sulfate shampoo.

Then I mostly let my hair dry in a towel (unintentionally) and applied the blow dryer at low heat low speed to my roots that were damp..

Applied the product in sections with a application brush, then blow dried again but higher speed.

Lastly flat ironed at about 400° with a ceramic iron (It only goes up to 420°) in small sections. I did 2 passes on most sections and like 3or4 in the middle sections. I know more heat is recommended to be used but I have very fine hair so I didn't find it necessary.

Product in my hair

ForumRunner_20140607_211552.jpg

Texture shots

ForumRunner_20140607_211622.jpg

ForumRunner_20140607_211652.jpg

I trimmed off my hair as I was flat ironing but I didn't do another trim after to even it out.. Ill wait to do a cut in August when im one year post.

ForumRunner_20140607_211835.jpg

Super straight hair

ForumRunner_20140607_211849.jpg

I didn't really see any fumes but I had a fan blowing on one side and a window open on the other side of me to be safe. The product smells like vanilla so I smelled really nice all day.

Overall I really like the treatment and I look forward to seeing it after washing it out. I want to put rollers on my ends but you're supposed to leave it straight for 3days... my mom is happier than me about my hair smh. I don't see any negatives on my relaxed/texlaxed ends but I will see after washing.

Last edited:
During my wash day I always get very amused by these itty bitty coily strands
My coils are microscopic so what hair type is that? :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

• image-1881115880.jpg
    image-1881115880.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 69
I've officially found my first staple during my transition and it's V05! I haven't tried anything that has better slip and the fact that it's only $1 a bottle makes it even better! Great detangler and great for co washing.

Back