Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Hate to tell you it doesnt get better from here :lol::lol: Everyone gets laid edges from EcoStyler. I get just passable results. :ohwell: I really hope my natural hair is easier to smooth than my transitioning hair, if not Im gonna be SOL because I never wear my hair down.

Sigh---i am itching to buy a relaxer---

Just realized I'm 30 weeks post! :clap:
Well this week will make 31 but I'm not counting it yet...

Longest I've made it without a relaxer since I've been relaxed and I have to say it's been alright so far. The only thing that sucks on wash day is the tension blow drying. I'm just not fast at all so it takes 1.5-2 hours :nono:

Holy crap! I just realized I am 10 months post. My hair is roughly 85 percent natural at this point.

Still looks like a twa though:sad:

Edited to add pic.

Attachments

• 10426688_10100248875090689_7622591612319282912_n.jpg
    10426688_10100248875090689_7622591612319282912_n.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Someone, anyone, tell me natural hair is easier than transitioning hair?

I think so. :yep:

Transitioning is the worst to me. Different textures. More tangles. Less curl definition because the straight hair weighs down the curly part of the strand. A mess. I didn't use braids/weaves/wigs so I had to deal with my hair everyday. :ohwell:

Well that is reassuring. I literally find every excuse in the world to not wash my hair :look: And Im tired of looking like Fuzzy Wuzzy the bear. It takes a pound of gel to put my hair in a ponytail :ohwell:

I think so. :yep:

Transitioning is the worst to me. Different textures. More tangles. Less curl definition because the straight hair weighs down the curly part of the strand. A mess. I didn't use braids/weaves/wigs so I had to deal with my hair everyday. :ohwell:

I washed my hair. Ugh it was terrible. Not the actual washing part either. I call myself trying to do a textured style. No. Never. Not ever again. I'm sure I will look at hot mess tomorrow. ::nono:

And Karens Body Beautiful hydrating whatever it's called is $17 worth of junk. I'm debating on whether or not I should attempt to return that mess to Target.

Well, Ladies, I couldn't resist. I big chopped! My relaxed hair wasn't giving me problems but my natural hair was giving me that come hither stare -- I couldn't resist! :lol:

My transition lasted 16.5 months. I tried to cut about an extra 0.5-1" into my natural hair. Afterwards I gave myself the works:
  • Chelate
  • Protein DC
  • Moisture DC
  • Black tea rinse
  • Massaged scalp with alma oil
I also made my first ever batch of flaxseed gel and mixed 3:2 with Long Aid curl activator gel to do a flat twist out.
I am in love.

Here are the before and after pics (includes my last length check for a very long time.)
bfb47157-46d1-47f9-877e-4542c0f09f00.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00493.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00499.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
CAM00506.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

HappyAtLast great post! It seems like everyday I'm thinking about chopping now. My hair is almost the same length as yours and I'm 15 months post on the 26th. It's a mental struggle bcz I love my natural hair and don't wear my hair down anyway...so that length I'm obsessing about cutting is never seen :-/ I've come to realize that I might subconsciously be afraid it won't grow that long again after I chop.

Your hair looks great!! Congrats on taking the next step!

HappyAtLast great post! It seems like everyday I'm thinking about chopping now. My hair is almost the same length as yours and I'm 15 months post on the 26th. It's a mental struggle bcz I love my natural hair and don't wear my hair down anyway...so that length I'm obsessing about cutting is never seen :-/ I've come to realize that I might subconsciously be afraid it won't grow that long again after I chop.

caliscurls Thanks! I rarely showed my length either. I was always in a wig or a bun or in a set so tight that I looked SL! I only flat ironed 2-3 times in 8 months.

What really took the dread out of me losing all that length is truly knowing that if I could grow it long once then I can do it again! You can too! Btw, that is the longest my hair has been EVER. Before the boards I never got past SL!

What really took the dread out of me losing all that length is truly knowing that if I could grow it long once then I can do it again! You can too! Btw, that is the longest my hair has been EVER. Before the boards I never got past SL!

You're such a positive (and realistic) thinker! Thanks HappyAtLast this is the longest my hair has ever been too which is probably why I'm so paranoid, lol!! But I think that chop will be inevitable in July/August especially after seeing your post. You have me motivated!

caliscurls I will be 18 months post this Saturday and I think I may have the same fear. Originally, I was going to transition for 3 years, but I've been building my courage to BC in 2 years. Stay tuned!!!

caliscurls I will be 18 months post this Saturday and I think I may have the same fear. Originally, I was going to transition for 3 years, but I've been building my courage to BC in 2 years. Stay tuned!!!

trclemons you don't have long to go hang in there! I think that if I'm natural APL or a little longer before I chop I'll be okay mentally :) At its longest before I started on LHCF my hair was scratching APL....and that was a first at the time.

I'm going to work on my courage like you, lol!

So the back of my head is natural... It's not long enough to put up anymore so I'm using a clip in :ohwell:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

A random curl!

That's the best feeling. When I first started transitioing, I hated it. The only times I was straight :grin: was after washing my hair and seeing random curls that looked like yours. That kept me motivated to stick with it because I didn't want to perm again to lose random curls. Truth be told, that is one of the FEW things keeping me from perming now. I want to see more curls. :yep:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I went and got my hair straightened yesterday. I had chopped off random straight ends last week so I needed the stylist to even my hair out a bit so that it didn't look crazy when straight. I specifically told him to TRIM -not cut - but TRIM my hair. Why that fool was talking about CUTTING off an inch, inch and a half? Oh no. I was like HALF-INCH TRIM! I was stern. I made him show me what he was cutting and I kept looking down at the floor to see what he cut off. I was NOT playing! He knew I meant business.

How do u ladies prefer to do your twist outs..individual twists or flat twists

shyekiera
I think I do I individuals more than flat twist because it's easier for me to pull my hair back on a few flexi rods to sleep. But when my roots start to flatten out, I'll do flat twist. I have been doing more flat twists due to the high humidity now.

How do u ladies prefer to do your twist outs..individual twists or flat twists

Flat twists for sure. I actually prefer cornrow braid outs on transitioning hair. the results look most consistent from root to tip.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back