Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Got Senegalese twists this Friday. They are taking some getting use to as it feels heavy at times, cumbersome and hot. I like the look of them tho, hope to keep them in for 8 wks.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-875028745.jpg
    image-875028745.jpg
    401.8 KB · Views: 64
Got Senegalese twists this Friday. They are taking some getting use to as it feels heavy at times, cumbersome and hot. I like the look of them tho, hope to keep them in for 8 wks. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

you look good ! ;-)

last time i did those exact ones was when i was in africa in 2004... they were pretty, so long and cheap to get done.

im geting real problems to deal with my 6 months post hair!

the relaxed hair got sooooo tangled i had lots of knoTs today!!!!!

like 5 balls in my hair. i really felt like chopping it without caring of the shape or whatever! i even felt like shaving. i was getting so mad in my bathroom.!

tomorrow WIG! im gonna wig for the rest of the year i hope. this is already too much.

its hard to moisturize ( seems the natural hair cant get the moisture i put in)... the relaxed hair does, but the natural hair..... na! grrrrrr a pain in the butt!

I straightened this weekend. If anybody cares about the products/ process, I'll post from my computer, but since I'm on my tablet, I'll try to be concise, lol. Its rainy and humid here, so this was a test. My hair turned into cotton candy, still straight but kinda poofy. I have some ideas for how to fix it, but overall, decent results considering. I also did a much needed mini chop, about 2-3". My hair looks and feels so much better. I think I might be back at SL or CBL but I cant really say cuz my hair was poofing as I finished the cut, smh.

I straightened this weekend. If anybody cares about the products/ process, I'll post from my computer, but since I'm on my tablet, I'll try to be concise, lol. Its rainy and humid here, so this was a test. My hair turned into cotton candy, still straight but kinda poofy. I have some ideas for how to fix it, but overall, decent results considering. I also did a much needed mini chop, about 2-3". My hair looks and feels so much better. I think I might be back at SL or CBL but I cant really say cuz my hair was poofing as I finished the cut, smh.

Pics or it didn't happen!

im geting real problems to deal with my 6 months post hair!

the relaxed hair got sooooo tangled i had lots of knoTs today!!!!!

like 5 balls in my hair. i really felt like chopping it without caring of the shape or whatever! i even felt like shaving. i was getting so mad in my bathroom.!

tomorrow WIG! im gonna wig for the rest of the year i hope. this is already too much.

its hard to moisturize ( seems the natural hair cant get the moisture i put in)... the relaxed hair does, but the natural hair..... na! grrrrrr a pain in the butt!

U are having the exact same problems as me..

Can someone suggest the best gel to south down my coarse thick hair ..I have Softee brand and it's not doing my hair any justice

I finally got a compliment on my transitioning hair. Someone asked me if I was growing out my relaxer and said that they wished their natural hair looked as soft and thick as mine. I'm only six months post but this meant a lot because I haven't heard anything positive about my transition yet.

Last edited:
Almost 4 months post and my transition is still going pretty smoothly. Wash day is just fine, etc. Hoping this continues. *fingers crossed*

I do feel ugly some days because I keep my hair in a slicked back bun. But I ain't got no worries. :lol:

I finally got a compliment on my transitioning hair. Someone asked me if I was growing out my relaxer and said that they wished their neutral hair looked as soft and thick as mine. I'm only six months post but this meant a lot because I haven't heard anything positive about my transition yet.

That is really sweet! Comments like that are encouraging and make you feel good :yep:

I had my first big chop dream last night. I couldn't stop cutting my twists. Im pretty sure its because i cut a teeny tiny section in the middle. It was AWESOME, then I woke up.

im in love With my half wig ! this is the best thing for my hair so far! looking good... fine hair will not become frizzy in just a few days (its conrowed under half wig), plus it looks realistic (collegues asked if it was my hair) lol haha

pics of half wig (i Will flat twist the front when im less tiered.

image-2874507121.jpg

image-2233643323.jpg

image-179160922.jpg

jackpot!!!! lol
i can even sometimes Where it in summer (its a short half wig)

I made 16 months post today.

Britt we're the same amount of time. How long do you think you're gonna go? I'm really trying to make it to 2yrs minimum which would be 1/25/15 but the scissors are calling!

I'm getting ready to shop for my install hair. Hopefully that'll take the edge off! :lol:

@Britt we're the same amount of time. How long do you think you're gonna go? I'm really trying to make it to 2yrs minimum which would be 1/25/15 but the scissors are calling!

I'm getting ready to shop for my install hair. Hopefully that'll take the edge off! :lol:

I was thinking of chopping at 18 months. I really don't have a lot of relaxed ends left, between them I guess breaking off and some of the areas I've cut off already I don't have that much left.

im in love With my half wig ! this is the best thing for my hair so far! looking good... fine hair will not become frizzy in just a few days (its conrowed under half wig), plus it looks realistic (collegues asked if it was my hair) lol haha

pics of half wig (i Will flat twist the front when im less tiered.

View attachment 264513

View attachment 264515

View attachment 264517

jackpot!!!! lol
i can even sometimes Where it in summer (its a short half wig)

really nice on you!! WHere did you get your half wig??

I just moved to Baltimore and the humidity this week has been no joke. My hair looks a hot mess and shrinks up something serious after 5 minutes outside. :perplexed It's making me scared to cut.

Pics of my funny lookin' new growth attached.

Attachments

• photo-9.JPG
    photo-9.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 70
  • photo-10.JPG
    photo-10.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 70
Hate to tell you it doesnt get better from here :lol::lol: Everyone gets laid edges from EcoStyler. I get just passable results. :ohwell: I really hope my natural hair is easier to smooth than my transitioning hair, if not Im gonna be SOL because I never wear my hair down.

U are having the exact same problems as me..

Can someone suggest the best gel to south down my coarse thick hair ..I have Softee brand and it's not doing my hair any justice

Hate to tell you it doesnt get better from here :lol::lol: Everyone gets laid edges from EcoStyler. I get just passable results. :ohwell: I really hope my natural hair is easier to smooth than my transitioning hair, if not Im gonna be SOL because I never wear my hair down.

do you use a scarf too? it does help.

i

Lol@my mom. So I'm home for 2 months and she saw me detangling my hair this morning. The lady did a double take when she saw the shed hair in the sink and then nearly passed out when she noticed the two balls on the sink, lol. So I explained that she combs her relaxed hair daily and removes shed in smaller doses, whereas I only comb when I wash. Told her that straight shed falls off by itself whereas curly shed will stay stuck in there until manually removed. Told her that the more hair one has, the more shed hair one will naturally also have. As she was still freaking out, I had her tug at an eyebrow. After the 6th hair she refused to tug again talking about "I'm gonna stay without my eyebrows!!" :lol: I again tried to explain that those hairs were going to fall anyway randomly and without permission, I showed her the little white roots on the brow hair, told her that they are just sitting around waiting to be removed and if it's not, they detach completely (and fall off somewhere if you have straight hair) but nope! I think all I did was leave her concerned and almost eyebrowsless, apparently. Next time I'll save my breath! :lol:

I've been doing what the forum calls the scarf method for years. I don't make a ponytail any other way.

oh :-(

hope someone comes in here to help.

those black gels back then worked well but i hated that my hair was hard. really hard and broke because i would just seperate the hair ad brush without wetting it.

Back