Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

how long does it take u....i'm so lazy..usually take me a few days....i'm braiding my hair now also

usually 6 hours. i do medium braids. i hate doing them and especially taking them down so i will never do small ones (my hair will break).

i took 7 hours this time (i was slow and taking my time watching tv......) lol

coolsista-paris - another self-braider here!!! What kind of hair are you using when braiding? currently I am using the kanekelon, but thinking of switching to something else a bit more kinkier to match my 4b/c hair. also, I spray my braids daily alternating between (1) s-curl mixed with jojoba oil mist or (2) shea moisture coconut & hibiscus moisture mist.

i also use kanekelon (they match my hair well and im 4b) i take color 1b to match well.

i really need to buy some hair spray. my hair feels soft right now as i very well moisturized it before braiding.

pic of braids:

image-3275262776.jpg

image-3766403228.jpg

image-3392211642.jpg

usually 6 hours. i do medium braids. i hate doing them and especially taking them down so i will never do small ones (my hair will break).

i took 7 hours this time (i was slow and taking my time watching tv......) lol

ugh...i have to do my hair in small sections because my hair is so thick...i'm still braiding...:lol:

ugh...i have to do my hair in small sections because my hair is so thick...i'm still braiding...:lol:

keep going girl. you will have a rest for at least a month, and that IS SOOOOOOO GOOD :-) im loving it now.

im gonna ps more in the futur, with fake hair like hubby says. he doesnt mind braids but hates wigs,weaves and all that. i need all that for ps this time! i will listen to me and my hair,mr will have do just deal with it! lol

Thank you! Im in a sew in for 8ish weeks. I took a picture of my leave out. I actually like it . I want to weave up again if my braided hair is in decent condition. I'm scared that my braided hair underneath is super dry and breaking but if that's not the case and my hair is fine I will weave up again :yep: @SuchaLady I've been indoctrinated :lol:
@Britt who did you go to for weave take down?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Oh good! A weave will certainly take your mind off your hair. I did 2 back to back sew ins last time I tried to transition lol. My mom would take my weave down on a Friday and then I'd wash and deep condition with Emergencee followed by a moisturizing dc and then get weaved up the next day.

I made 15 months post today. Thought I would want to chop now but I can't. I still don't enough desired length though in a lot of areas I am mostly natural. Looks like I'll keep this thing going a little longer.

I made 15 months post today. Thought I would want to chop now but I can't. I still don't enough desired length though in a lot of areas I am mostly natural. Looks like I'll keep this thing going a little longer.

Britt
How are you dealing with styling without looking crazy?
Braid outs and twist outs ?

@Britt How are you dealing with styling without looking crazy? Braid outs and twist outs ? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I honestly don't do much styling at all. For the past 3 weeks or so I've been wearing my hair pulled back which is easiest for me. Yesterday I did a braid out and today I'm wearing the braid out kinda pulled back.

Attachments

• image-2886493950.jpg
    image-2886493950.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3956733278.jpg
    image-3956733278.jpg
    475.7 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
keep going girl. you will have a rest for at least a month, and that IS SOOOOOOO GOOD :-) im loving it now.

im gonna ps more in the futur, with fake hair like hubby says. he doesnt mind braids but hates wigs,weaves and all that. i need all that for ps this time! i will listen to me and my hair,mr will have do just deal with it! lol

i think i will continue braids for the summer..i think a sew in will be too hot...
all my relaxed ends broke off in the back, so i know i will be keeping my hair covered some type of way

I honestly don't do much styling at all. For the past 3 weeks or so I've been wearing my hair pulled back which is easiest for me. Yesterday I did a braid out and today I'm wearing the braid out kinda pulled back.

your hair is beautiful!!!!!

wow! 15 months. all that is starting to make me regret my virgin relaxer :-/ although i said its just hair... i was bsb natural 5 months ago. with lots of crown breakage anyway....

im 5 months post :-)

i think i will continue braids for the summer..i think a sew in will be too hot... all my relaxed ends broke off in the back, so i know i will be keeping my hair covered some type of way

moisture + covering it will keep things cool i guess.

im really thinking of ps like i never have. i will retain more i guess. i wàs natural hair backnand longer!

I honestly don't do much styling at all. For the past 3 weeks or so I've been wearing my hair pulled back which is easiest for me. Yesterday I did a braid out and today I'm wearing the braid out kinda pulled back. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

so nice and shiny!

So what you thinking of doing Cattypus1?
Congrats!!! I can't wait to see pics ;)
Congratulations!!!! I can't wait to see! Sent from my iPad using LHCF
Omg congrats! That's really exciting! Cattypus1 Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
how does it feel? :-) im 5 months post but yesterday i cut off some ends. i reached apl again but just cut it yestereay( got mad at some split ends i saw).

Hee goes nuthin'.

image-3084201096.jpg
image-4264586186.jpg

As you can plainly see, I got my big chop on. Guess what? I didn't know I had curls! LOL

@Cattypus1 your hair looks great!! I'm hoping scab hair is real and I will eventually discover some curls in my head too

It is MOST definitely real. I have it in my hair. Now that I have a decent amount of length to my new growth, there are areas where the hair much closer to the root is different than the hair on the end of the new growth. The scab hair has a bushy feel that's just totally different. I know that eventually (even if it takes long) the scab hair will grow out. My coworker who transitioned for 2 years told me she had it too and she's gotten a few trims.

Cattypus1, looovvee it! So how do you feel now that you chopped? It looks good on you!
I'm not very good at selfies...I'm never as cute as I thought I was...LOL. I think the camera lies! I'm still getting used to it. It was making me sad that I would have to wait forever to see additional length and continue looking crazy about the head. I haven't measured but I have about 4-5 inches of hair left on my head that shrinks up to about an inch all over which I couldn't tell until I cut the relaxed hair off. I feel much better about my twa than I did about my transitioning hair.

your hair is beautiful too!!!!!!!!!!!!! dang.. i am getting really anxious to see what my hair will look like!!!
Thank you. I'm excited to see what my natural hair will do. I reached almost BLS with my relaxed, damaged, beat up hair, I think the sky is the limit!

Back