Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Ugh I'm getting the urge to chop again. I will be 8 months post on the 11th and I getting the urge. It has been a rough transition for me.

KidneyBean86

Have you considered putting in braids/twists/weave to help the urge?

My hair is actually too short to braid in some parts. After a disastrous cut at a "natural" salon, my hair is like 3 or 4 inches long. The top part of my hair is where most of the relaxed ends are

My new growth is currently like half and half. I attached a pic of what it looks like in the link below.

Attachments

• 10171731_10100207670390239_464472350470502652_n.jpg
    10171731_10100207670390239_464472350470502652_n.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 55
My hair is actually too short to braid in some parts. After a disastrous cut at a "natural" salon, my hair is like 3 or 4 inches long. The top part of my hair is where most of the relaxed ends are

My new growth is currently like half and half. I attached a pic of what it looks like in the link below.

KidneyBean86

oh no! i'm sorry to hear that! :sad: I guess wiggin it would be the only option but that doesn't really help with the urge of cutting. Stay strong! Remember, it's only temporary. If you cut, it's just instant gratification... you'll eventually feel like this again.

KidneyBean86

oh no! i'm sorry to hear that! :sad: I guess wiggin it would be the only option but that doesn't really help with the urge of cutting. Stay strong! Remember, it's only temporary. If you cut, it's just instant gratification... you'll eventually feel like this again.

That's true. I guess I am going to wig it up until my hair grows longer. I am giving myself a year to reach ear length lol.

So my hunt for a new hair dryer is finally over. I bought the TS-2 Amp Hair Dryer and I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEE IT! My hair dried soft and extremely fast. Which is weird because the dryer isn't extremely hot. I did it on medium heat, but when i tested the hot setting it didn't seem to hot at all. I literally dried my entire head in 26 minutes.....AWESOME!

Anyway if any of your fellow sitioners' are looking to invest in a quality dryer I highly suggest this one.

MileHighDiva ronie DoDo

So my hunt for a new hair dryer is finally over. I bought the TS-2 Amp Hair Dryer and I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEE IT! My hair dried soft and extremely fast. Which is weird because the dryer isn't extremely hot. I did it on medium heat, but when i tested the hot setting it didn't seem to hot at all. I literally dried my entire head in 26 minutes.....AWESOME!

Anyway if any of your fellow sitioners' are looking to invest in a quality dryer I highly suggest this one.

MileHighDiva ronie DoDo

It has a great price for the quality too :love:! Do you use the comb attachment on it or the tension method?

It has a great price for the quality too :love:! Do you use the comb attachment on it or the tension method?

A mixture of both. I start with the tension method to stretch my roots and go back with the comb attachment to blow it completely dry.

Last edited:
So my hunt for a new hair dryer is finally over. I bought the TS-2 Amp Hair Dryer and I LOVE LOVE LOVEEEEEEEE IT! My hair dried soft and extremely fast. Which is weird because the dryer isn't extremely hot. I did it on medium heat, but when i tested the hot setting it didn't seem to hot at all. I literally dried my entire head in 26 minutes.....AWESOME! Anyway if any of your fellow sitioners' are looking to invest in a quality dryer I highly suggest this one. MileHighDiva ronie DoDo
EnExitStageLeft thanks for the review girlie.

May I join you ladies...? I used to be a fairly regular poster a couple of years ago and fell off completely. My last relaxer was 8/5/12 right before I started grad school and shortly after my hair thinned out. To this day, I'm not quite sure what caused it but assume it was stress related. Either way, my relaxed hair was never the same. I wasn't consciously transitioning at first. It was more like I stopped relaxing and quite frankly, stopped caring about my hair altogether. It was pretty bad.

Anyway, now I am 20mos post relaxer and hoping to do a 3 year transition. Originally I was striving for two years, but I realized after doing my research that I want to have a bit more length to work with before I chop. I've cut a lot of hair over the last year and a half though. I used to be past WL relaxed, and am now a little past BSL with about 6-7" of relaxed hair left. Another reason I am looking towards a longer transition is that I've realized through this process that I'm a slow grower. When I tell someone this in real life, they look at me like I'm crazy due to my length. But it's true. At 20mos post, I have about 8" of natural hair. One of my worries is that when I chop, I will have retention issues and on top of slow growth, will be stuck at a length I'm unhappy with.

I don't take many hair pictures (most that I do take have my mug in 'em and I'm hamming it up lol) but I've attached a shot from a braid out I did a couple of weeks ago and the braid out bun that it turned into the week after. :)

Attachments

• hairpic2.JPG
    hairpic2.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 53
  • photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    253.3 KB · Views: 63
May I join you ladies...? I used to be a fairly regular poster a couple of years ago and fell off completely. My last relaxer was 8/5/12 right before I started grad school and shortly after my hair thinned out. To this day, I'm not quite sure what caused it but assume it was stress related. Either way, my relaxed hair was never the same. I wasn't consciously transitioning at first. It was more like I stopped relaxing and quite frankly, stopped caring about my hair altogether. It was pretty bad.

Anyway, now I am 20mos post relaxer and hoping to do a 3 year transition. Originally I was striving for two years, but I realized after doing my research that I want to have a bit more length to work with before I chop. I've cut a lot of hair over the last year and a half though. I used to be past WL relaxed, and am now a little past BSL with about 6-7" of relaxed hair left. Another reason I am looking towards a longer transition is that I've realized through this process that I'm a slow grower. When I tell someone this in real life, they look at me like I'm crazy due to my length. But it's true. At 20mos post, I have about 8" of natural hair. One of my worries is that when I chop, I will have retention issues and on top of slow growth, will be stuck at a length I'm unhappy with.

I don't take many hair pictures (most that I do take have my mug in 'em and I'm hamming it up lol) but I've attached a shot from a braid out I did a couple of weeks ago and the braid out bun that it turned into the week after. :)

Mische glad to have you back! I'm doing a long term transition but I'm only 7 months post.

I'm in grad school too! Have you finished? The workload definitely affected my hair routine.

Sent from my LG G2 via LHCF app

Mische. I'm right behind you. I am almost 16 months post and will be transitioning for 3 years as well.

Thanks for the welcome!

isawstars I will be graduating in May (damn near crawling across the finish line... :look:) what about you?! And I hear you about it affecting routine. I had sworn I would start washing biweekly, but I literally have not been able to fit it into my schedule.

trclemons Yay that's awesome! Do you find yourself having to pace your trims now? I've generally been really snip happy and just cutting random chunks of hair. But now I'm realizing if I want to go the distance I need to be a little more conservative with my trimming.

Thanks for the welcome!

isawstars I will be graduating in May (damn near crawling across the finish line... :look:) what about you?! And I hear you about it affecting routine. I had sworn I would start washing biweekly, but I literally have not been able to fit it into my schedule.

trclemons Yay that's awesome! Do you find yourself having to pace your trims now? I've generally been really snip happy and just cutting random chunks of hair. But now I'm realizing if I want to go the distance I need to be a little more conservative with my trimming.
Mische I have definitely had to step away from the scissors because I start off dusting and end up trimming about 2 inches.

A curl the size of a pencil is what hair type? I don't care too much since I won't be wearing it natural and I have a bunch of textures. Lucky for me though my edges seem like they're the nappiest part of my hair -_-

I was thinking yesterday that one year of growth might not be enough for me, I may need to transition for 2 years instead. I don't know if I can hang that long though. I think I will just transition as long as I can manage. I don't MIND having short hair but I'm much more confident when my hair is longer than SL. I will keep using the NJoy oil a few times a week to help boost growth etc.

I really want to buy some new hair products but it's so much out there, I have no idea where to start. I need a good daily moisturizer and leave in conditioner.

I want to learn how to do braidouts without looking crazy lol. My go-to styles have been straight hair and flexirod sets on airdried hair. I don't mind those two but I would like to have a third, heatless option.

I was thinking yesterday that one year of growth might not be enough for me, I may need to transition for 2 years instead. I don't know if I can hang that long though. I think I will just transition as long as I can manage. I don't MIND having short hair but I'm much more confident when my hair is longer than SL.
:yep: I reached the same conclusion. I'll be 10 months post next week and I feel like it's barely any hair. :look: I look and pull and it looks neck length. I'ma need a whole lot more than that. I'm probably in it for at least two years, minimum. :ohwell:

is there anyone here about 2-3 months post?

I am about 2 months post I think. I haven't really kept track. :lol: But it's been a while. I've been wigging it up for about a month and hadn't relaxed for a few weeks before that. I'm transitioning at least for now because I don't see a point in relaxing if I'm wearing full wigs.

Thanks for the welcome!

I will be graduating in May (damn near crawling across the finish line... :look:) what about you?! And I hear you about it affecting routine. I had sworn I would start washing biweekly, but I literally have not been able to fit it into my schedule.

Mische

Oh my gosh! me too, I'm submitting my thesis... hopefully tonight if I can get through all this tedious APA style formatting and citations. I can't wait to graduate in May :)

Now that I will have a social life again, I'm planning on getting a sew in so I can look cute as I celebrate lol.

I was 8 months post on Monday! Adjusting to this sew in - too early to say if I like having a weave yet. I like that my hair will have a good break Not sure how much longer I want to do this transition thing but I'm also not ready for 4 inches of hair or however much hair I have

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I was 8 months post on Monday! Adjusting to this sew in - too early to say if I like having a weave yet. I like that my hair will have a good break Not sure how much longer I want to do this transition thing but I'm also not ready for 4 inches of hair or however much hair I have

Oh wow hun, you're farther along than I thought. What hair did you get?

is there anyone here about 2-3 months post?
I'm about 14 weeks post and I can see myself transitioning for 18 months- 24 mos. with crochet braids. Love them!! I also have a new stylist that is 100% supportive and speaks the same lingo. Her natural hair is BSL and healthy.

Last edited:
I am at a year post, no troubles because I leave my hair in twists 98% of the time. I started steaming on my wash day once a week and feel that it is really doing my hair good. I am trimming gradually and have no plans to bc. It will likely be another two years before I have trimmed out all the relaxer.

Back