Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

prepoo'ed last night with coconut and mahabhringraj oil, still have it on under this plastic bag and scarf. The plan is to color my hair with bigen and straighten. See how that goes

This weekend, I will wash, protein treat, and do a braid out. I haven't worn one in three weeks.

Random thought ahead..

Did a quick wash last night and when I smooth my hair back I feel mostly natural hair. My hair is mostly natural. I don't have that much relaxed ends, but I just know that shrinkage is such a best and that if I cut them not my hair will just shrink right up and I'm kinda not ready for that yet lol. It's crazy b/c when I use to look at transitioners and their hair looked like mine with all the new growth and not much ends, I didn't full understand that concept of shrinkage and as soon as you cut off that relaxed end the hair will literally shrivel up so while my new growth looks long, if I cut my ends now I know I will have really short hair. Then there are times I'm just like ughhhh screw this, you'll have to deal with short hair and it will grow, this phase won't last forever. In a little over a week I'll be 14 months post. I'm glad it's going into the warmer months b/c I know when once I cut my ends off I'll be washing this head often. Washing it in the shower and doing twist outs. Hmmm, I should also look into some fake hair that looks natural so I could do slick backed buns... ahhh yes... ideas are coming to me me. I could wash tie my hair down, attach my small bun and keep it moving :think: :lol:

@Britt

Nice ideas. Whatever you do, I do. Lol

TamaraShaniece awwww lol! I'm just trying as I go along. I'm at the point now where I'm looking at naturals who are like 14/15 months post their last relaxer to have an idea what I'll be working with and how much length I might have, how styles would work, what I'd be comfy with. Since it will be summertime I think wearing a natural looking bun (gotta look for some hair) with my hair slicked back with some gel would work especially for work.

do y'all straighten your hair before doing braid/twist outs?

took my sew in out today...it felt sooooooo good!!!!! I Ann pretty sure my hair is the coarsest texture out there but it was incredibly soft and manageable after deep conditioning...my relaxed ends are so ragged I dint know how long they will last...

Last edited:
do y'all straighten your hair before doing braid/twist outs?

took my sew in out today...it felt sooooooo good!!!!! I Ann pretty sure my hair is the coarsest texture out there but it was incredibly soft and manageable after deep conditioning...my relaxed ends are so ragged I dint know how long they will last...

I don't... I do it on wet/damp hair.

Well ladies I couldn't hang. I knew it was coming tho. After I took my sew-in out last night to prepare for some box braids I'm getting Saturday I BCed. I made 12 months post this month so I was like bump it, it's hair, it'll grow back. Just didnt see the point of holding on to these last little bit of relaxed ends. So a little after 4am I chopped them off. I'm sooo happy this stage is finally over cause those two textures and I weren't gonna make it

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140404_181630.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140404_181630.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 62
  • image-42481917.jpg
    image-42481917.jpg
    451.8 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2715888113.jpg
    image-2715888113.jpg
    437.2 KB · Views: 64
  • image-3343043705.jpg
    image-3343043705.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 65
  • image-660374838.jpg
    image-660374838.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1694439181.jpg
    image-1694439181.jpg
    349.6 KB · Views: 67
  • image-626146884.jpg
    image-626146884.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Ok…I think I've decided to attempt trasitioning again. Last time, I lasted 14 months and then gave up…this time, I've decided to do it a bit differently…

#1- I'm wearing sew ins. I've been in sew ins since June of 2013 because my current primarily goal is to grow my hair to waist length and I do best when my hair is hidden away…currently length is grazing Mid Back Length…goal is to be at waist length by December 2015!

#2- I'm wearing straight styles… I only leave a bit of my real hair left out and will flat iron that section once a week to keep it straight. My hair tangles really easily so wash and goes are NOT my friend!

I'm going to get better about consistently tying up my hair at night and deep conditioning once a week…other than that, I think I have a good regimen and good product line and I'm going to just keep doing what I've been doing.

I just got my sew in done today and am hoping to keep this one in until sometime in June…then I'll take it out and get a nice trim (1/4-1/2") and reinstall :)

HHJ!!!

Well ladies I couldn't hang. I knew it was coming tho. After I took my sew-in out last night to prepare for some box braids I'm getting Saturday I BCed. I made 12 months post this month so I was like bump it, it's hair, it'll grow back. Just didnt see the point of holding on to these last little bit of relaxed ends. So a little after 4am I chopped them off. I'm sooo happy this stage is finally over cause those two textures and I weren't gonna make it

Congrats on your chop! Your hair is pretty!

Britt

Let me know if you find good hair

I'm right where you are because I know how shrunk up the hair is gonna get once those relaxed ends are gone

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I BCed a small part of my hair to celebrate my 2 years transitioning!

Looking at the pic I think I missed a piece or two, but I can't find them on my head :ohwell: The front of my hair has such weak curling and shrinkage, despite my bonelaxed ends it's hard to tell.

It was a tiny piece but it felt sooo good to cut! I'm done for now but I can't wait to do the rest :lol:

Attachments

• 20140405_121301.jpg
    20140405_121301.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 66

CONGRATS CHICA!

Ummmm, beauti

So what had happen was watching Kimberly Holden (CTKimmy) on youtube and had the overwhelming urge to pick up the laxer' and leave this idea of natchal' hair behind. BUT I DIDN'T!

Smh, I seriously need to stop watching all of these texlaxed girls videos. Making me reminisce and mess :lol:.

Ummmm, beauti

So what had happen was watching Kimberly Holden (CTKimmy) on youtube and had the overwhelming urge to pick up the laxer' and leave this idea of natchal' hair behind. BUT I DIDN'T!

Smh, I seriously need to stop watching all of these texlaxed girls videos. Making me reminisce and mess :lol:.

gurrrrl! I was scared for a second there! :lol: thank goodness you came to your senses! Those episodes can assail you at 13mos post just as it can at 3mos post!:spinning:

not yet i ran a 10k today so first wash is tonight or tomorrow for sure it's gonna be hard, i feel like i cant get to the entire scalp

Color applicator with diluted shampoo or the sprayer in your kitchen sink are you best bet. Do you have a sit under dryer? If not you may want to wait. You can't let a sew in airdry. You will be walking around with moldy hair.

Color applicator with diluted shampoo or the sprayer in your kitchen sink are you best bet. Do you have a sit under dryer? If not you may want to wait. You can't let a sew in airdry. You will be walking around with moldy hair.

SuchaLady
I have a sit under dryer
Do I have to pin the tracks up somehow ?

How do you condition?

Ok …here's my install that I had done on Friday. It's Malaysian Remy in 16", 18", and 20"….(but I had them trim about 3" from the end because it was a bit long…. The hair is from a vendor on AliExpress…this is the 3rd time I've ordered from that vendor and I LOVE the quality and wearability of the hair each time!!! I used the other bundles 3-4 times before I replaced them and, I really could've used them again a couple more times. :)

Attachments

• 20140406_083149.jpg
    20140406_083149.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 20140404_171244-1.jpg
    20140404_171244-1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20140404_142707.jpg
    20140404_142707.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Ok …here's my install that I had done on Friday. It's Malaysian Remy in 16", 18", and 20"….(but I had them trim about 3" from the end because it was a bit long…. The hair is from a vendor on AliExpress…this is the 3rd time I've ordered from that vendor and I LOVE the quality and wearability of the hair each time!!! I used the other bundles 3-4 times before I replaced them and, I really could've used them again a couple more times. :)

that looks real good..can u share the vendor

Nice!!! How much longer do u plan to go?

I feel like next time I style I will trim, these ends are really messing up a style. After one day there are all straight. I have being planning on going till May then bc, ideally when I can do a pony tail.

Sent with Galaxy: LHCF

tasha5951 Looks great! Were you able to reuse the hair?

Back