Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I can french braid but can't corn row. So what's the secret? @Britt @AgeinATL

Thanks! divachyk I can braid for the purpose of braid outs, but I have a hard time braiding for the purpose of styling. Like I've tried multiple times to do the braid thing when the braid lies the front base of the hairline. I've tried to braid and twist doing that and I still struggle. I also tried parting my hair in halves and doing a back braid going up -- had a hard time with that also :ohwell:.

Attempted bantu knots on almost 8 month post hair. Looks like the texture is taking over!!!

Attachments

• 10014687_10100204311501479_420745483_n.jpg
    10014687_10100204311501479_420745483_n.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 59
After trying As I A's Coconut Co wash and their Twist Defining Cream I've always wanted to try some of their other products but could never catch them on sale. I was in Walgreens today and was scrolling the natural hair care items and was excited when I found a sample kit of their products. I'm taking my sew-in down tonight if I have enough time. It included the Coconut Cowash, Leave-In Conditioner, Hydration Elation Deep Conditioner, Curling Jelly, Twist Defining Cream and the DoubleButter Cream. Anyone used any of these products specifically the Jelly or DoubleButter Cream?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140401_203606.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140401_203606.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 28
  • ForumRunner_20140401_203620.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140401_203620.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 31
I got my very first sew in yesterday. My head hurts :look: is that normal? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yeah it might be a little tight for a few days and it might itch as well. The sew in feels best after it's washed and loosened up a big. The first few days after can feel tight and very foreign IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

My ends are texlaxed and i was wondering what is the best way to bc. It's really hard to differentiate between the ng and the texlaxed ends.

The first time I went natural I did my BC by first misting my hair with water until wet, not soaking wet but wet enough to see my curls/textured hair. I added some conditioner and then put my hair in twists all over. It was easier for me to distinguish the different textures because my natural hair was much thicker than the rest of my chemically processed hair and didn't hold the twist as well. The point where the twist went from thick to thin/skinnyish looking is where I chopped. I've seen many people use that method on YouTube as well which is why I tried it. Had great results. Doing my BC the same way this time around.

The first time I went natural I did my BC by first misting my hair with water until wet, not soaking wet but wet enough to see my curls/textured hair. I added some conditioner and then put my hair in twists all over. It was easier for me to distinguish the different textures because my natural hair was much thicker than the rest of my chemically processed hair and didn't hold the twist as well. The point where the twist went from thick to thin/skinnyish looking is where I chopped. I've seen many people use that method on YouTube as well which is why I tried it. Had great results. Doing my BC the same way this time around.

Thank you KaramelKutie803, your advice really helps. I will definitely use this method.

Hey ladies, quick question.

For those who are 6+ months post did you notice that your hair seemed to get "shorter" as your new growth grew in? I'm transitioning from texlax and will be 8 months post this month. It seems like my hair has visually gotten much shorter. For instance, my hair is barely SL after a fresh wash now but I'm 100% positive that I'm closer to APL...I'm also too lazy to straighten my hair for an official LC.

Is it the shrinkage playing with my mind? I'm not dealing with a lot of breakage and I can't remember if this happened during my first transition. I'm still dealing with PTSD from that first transition a couple of years ago :lol:

I guess I just feel that since I still have my texlaxed ends that it would weigh down my new growth and still show some length.

SO! I was talking to a coworker and she asked me how often I blow dried. My response...."When I want too". With alllllllla' that being said. I'll be prepooing, shampoo'ing, reconstructive treatin', DC'in and blowing out my hair again this weekend.

Yep, I'm officially going through the "lazy stage" of my transition. I'm doing the minimal and looking to unload some products in the process lol.

SO! I was talking to a coworker and she asked me how often I blow dried. My response...."When I want too". With alllllllla' that being said. I'll be prepooing, shampoo'ing, reconstructive treatin', DC'in and blowing out my hair again this weekend. Yep, I'm officially going through the "lazy stage" of my transition. I'm doing the minimal and looking to unload some products in the process lol.

EnExitStageLeft

I love how you call all of that you plan to do "lazy"
Ha! Girl that's not lazy! :giggle: :rofl:

Washing and DC'ing my sew in today. I will wear it for 2 more weeks and then get started on my upart. This hair gone be bad :lol:

sharifeh

:lol: Its pretty lazy for me. Usually I'm like all about my hair. Now I'm just satisfied if it's soft :lachen:.

Blow drying and letting it be for a few weeks is working. So I'm just going with it. Hopefully I don't end up in the setback part of Sition'Land :look:.

I just can't quit you ladies...trying again to transition :( but with weaves this time.

Plus, to force myself to transition, I want to big chop in August. that's 6 months post. Since you need at least 3 inches of natural hair to wear a weave, I plan to BC and have enough hair to keep wearing a weave! :D I hope to show my natural hair around 5-6 inches so by the end of 2014.

I plan to have just one more installation between now and then. It sounds desperate but I'm in a desperate mood. I HATE relaxers so much I rather pay $400 to avoid doing my hair than pay $85 and get a touch up.

How many of you are BC'ing before a one year mark? I feel like most ladies here do at least a solid 12 months of transitioning.

I can french braid but can't corn row. So what's the secret? Britt AgeinATL

divachyk

Girl, I am not a good cornrow-er either. I have been practicing, but they always look busted. I WILL get it by the time I am natural dog-gon-it!

On a side note, I have seen gorgeous braid outs doing just 2-3 french braids. Have you tried it? You can also try this method: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZwCKhN7Pi8

You can still get fabulous braid outs without cornrowing. My secret is to do a lot of plaits to make sure each piece of hair gets braided. That will avoid any straight/non-braided sections.

I just can't quit you ladies...trying again to transition :( but with weaves this time.

Plus, to force myself to transition, I want to big chop in August. that's 6 months post. Since you need at least 3 inches of natural hair to wear a weave, I plan to BC and have enough hair to keep wearing a weave! :D I hope to show my natural hair around 5-6 inches so by the end of 2014.

I plan to have just one more installation between now and then. It sounds desperate but I'm in a desperate mood. I HATE relaxers so much I rather pay $400 to avoid doing my hair than pay $85 and get a touch up.

How many of you are BC'ing before a one year mark? I feel like most ladies here do at least a solid 12 months of transitioning.

naija24 I plan on using weave to transition too....whenever I finally bite the bullet and buy quality hair that'll last multiple installs. Buying the hair will probably be the hardest part of my transition lol

Sent from my LG G2 via LHCF app

My high bun w/ the puff cuff and I'm 7 months post relaxer today. Yay.

image-4225390324.jpg
image-4033493019.jpg
image-3087535120.jpg

My new growth looks better (using scarf method) than a touch up w/ a relaxer.

image-1093863340.jpg

My high bun w/ the puff cuff and I'm 7 months post relaxer today. Yay. My new growth looks better (using scarf method) than a touch up w/ a relaxer.
Congrats on being 7 months post!!! I love your waves and high bun, very cute!!

I keep saying, to myself & everyone else, that I'm a long term transitioner, but I keep cutting more & more relaxed hair off:ohwell:

Back