Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

:rolleyes: You knot you got this transitioning stuff in bag. There is no need to be nervous. Your hair is bomb and is going to be fab when you big chop. I JUST KNOW IT!

It's official...I can do a Twistout and not look crazy. My natural hair loves DevaCurl. I've discovered a real benefit to having gray hair...I can see just how fast my hair grows, gotta look on the bright side...LOL. I definitely have more "unrelaxed" hair than relaxed hair. Time for a no direct heat year.

:rolleyes: You knot you got this transitioning stuff in bag. There is no need to be nervous. Your hair is bomb and is going to be fab when you big chop. I JUST KNOW IT!

Lol ! You're a trip! It took me a while to manage my transitioning hair.
Idk abt the big chop. I know that's an awkward time until the hair settles and gets some length. We shall see lol.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm considering it too. I'm almost four months post and I want to try something new. I plan to be a straight hair natural and transition as longggg as possible.

i was natural 6 years before my relaxer in november.

my first natural journey i transitionned 1 year almost... it was 10 months. i only wore braids.

hope i can make it this time

coolsista-paris Why did you relax after 6 years? ...and now transitioning again after 5 months? :spinning:

i know! lol

i had a job where braids were normally not authorized... nor twists/afro type hairstyles, only a tight chignon or straight neck length hair...
i stiill did my stuff sometimes making managers unhappy.
i never Wore my afro out, fine hair, tangles then breakage... it became also time consuming (studying.full time job+ 2 young kids)..
i started getting so fustrated.
because they say dont use heat on fine hair but my hair did better When stretched or straight....

whenever i flat irronned it, it ended up breaking (on flat iron day)... thinking of it now,maybe ot was the choice of flat iron.

i got so tired of the wash days, no choice of styles with my job,etc. then i got severe breakage at the crown! THAT made me so upset i thought of doing a bc. instead i relaxed to check it out as i wanted to wear straight hair.

i thought in any case im gonna cut it. so i relaxed, had fun .... the stylist did my virgin relaxer too straight in my opinion!

so now im here, low manipulation, days i enjoy,others i hate... i love how fast it takes on wash days. but then i find thag my hair is more fragile, tangles a lot when wet... like crazy yesterday!
it doesnt have enough volule which annoys me...

so here i am LOST!

thinking , can i manage to go through all that transitionning again?
ive changed jobs now so i can do more what i like, although i might change again in january...

im really lost

Here are some flat twist I did last night, well update once I take them out.

as I finished, I though I really need to work on my two strand twist and that I should have done two-4 more in back... but I just couldn't get hand of it... and these freaking ends didn't help I actually trimmed like 1 1/2 inches off front quads...

Sent from my Galaxy

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140414_185230.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140414_185230.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 32
  • ForumRunner_20140414_185432.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140414_185432.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 31
  • ForumRunner_20140414_185615.jpg
    ForumRunner_20140414_185615.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
That's an idea I would still be scared to BC even with hiding my hair I'll talk to my stylist about that I could possibly weave it up till December (on and off ) I'm guessing I should be around SL straightened in December? When are you chopping? Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

No idea. Not this year for sure. Girl you got that good good weave :giggle: Jumped right in huh lol

heyyyyy! here i am ! lost :-/

so, you are transitionning since when? :-)

im still not even sure of what to do..... oh my
@coolsista-paris, It was a stretch that just... well, stretched. :giggle: No plan to transition at all. I just didn't think about it and six months had passed. :blush: I'm 9-10 months post now, iirc.

eta: I've been blowdrying with tension on cool and doing my regular bun, sometimes a twist/ knot out bun. I didn't change my reggie much at all, the only addition is the blowdryer. Still using all my old products (since I have a whole closet full of em :look:), so I haven't gone pj-crazy. Just chugging along. :yep:

Last edited:
@coolsista-paris, It was a stretch that just... well, stretched. :giggle: No plan to transition at all. I just didn't think about it and six months had passed. :blush: I'm 9-10 months post now, iirc. eta: I've been blowdrying with tension on cool and doing my regular bun, sometimes a twist/ knot out bun. I didn't change my reggie much at all, the only addition is the blowdryer. Still using all my old products (since I have a whole closet full of em :look:), so I haven't gone pj-crazy. Just chugging along. :yep:

i was thinking of transitionning because im soon at 5 months post. i wasnt planning this long but hey! im doing quite well. so i Will just continue..

i was thinking of transitionning because im soon at 5 months post. i wasnt planning this long but hey! im doing quite well. so i Will just continue..

eta: im also trying to use out my products! ive still got some and i want to finish everything before buying anything else (im so tempted though)

Well I cut some more of my hair this happens every time my husband goes tdy. But I wanted to do it anyway lol. You can't tell by looking at it because I keep my hair up. August can't get here quick enough so I can bc officially.

Does anyone else feel like they have no growth?? Judging by my leave out I feel like I'm 2 months post not 8 months :rolleyes: I hate how long it's gonna take before I see length :look:
This shrinkage thing is gonna be a real test

I may be hallucinating but I've got curls! They're making me want to chop these relaxed ends. Not going to do it tho...I'm only 9+ months in and I need more length. Hurry up and grow!

Getting the hair straightened next Friday for my wedding the following day. Leaving my hair in stylists' hands just stresses me out so much. :nono: I'm going to curlform my head the night before in hopes it'll be easier and my head won't look like a big ol' bowling ball again.

Sigh.

Does anyone else feel like they have no growth?? Judging by my leave out I feel like I'm 2 months post not 8 months :rolleyes: I hate how long it's gonna take before I see length :look: This shrinkage thing is gonna be a real test Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Girl yes! I'm also 8 months post and I swear that I only have 3" of ng :nono:

Does anyone else feel like they have no growth?? Judging by my leave out I feel like I'm 2 months post not 8 months :rolleyes: I hate how long it's gonna take before I see length :look: This shrinkage thing is gonna be a real test Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yep same here! I'm 8 months 1 week post and my hair shrinks down to an inch! So 4 inches stretched and 1 inch unstretched?! I will be transitioning for a long time. LOL! I do love my coils though.

Soooo, I took my weave down and deep conditioned last night. My hair is gorgeous. So thick and healthy. :love: braiding it back up for my u part wig tomorrow. I got a full inch of growth I think. I will probably wear weave for the rest of the year. :look:

Does anyone else feel like they have no growth?? Judging by my leave out I feel like I'm 2 months post not 8 months :rolleyes: I hate how long it's gonna take before I see length :look:
This shrinkage thing is gonna be a real test

OMG I feel your pain. I'm 8 months too and it looks like my hair isn't growing at all.

Shrinkage is real.

Hey ladies I am almost 8 months post and I feel the same about the new growth, until I start noticing that its just the shrinkage afte I got my hair straighten it was longer then I thought!! I am also seeing some curls pop and I can't wait to big chop in the next 2-3 years, lol....(It sound sooo long though, im willing to wait it out)!

Back