Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Well I just spent almost 3 hours detangling my hair. The good news is I didn't have too many knots or matting, I believe that's due to the fact that I've been GHE'ng or baggying pretty much every other day and when I'm at home my hair stays wrapped up in a scarf. I live in the North East and this winter has been brutal thus far so I refuse to let it take my hair hostage. The bad news is that I am still experiencing some breakage :-( I'm not sure if I need another protein treatment since I did one 2 weeks ago I believe. I don't know what else to do, I feel like I've exhausted other avenues when it comes to this mess. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am now 17 wks post.

This is a texture shot from my wash last week

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1369754291.jpg
    image-1369754291.jpg
    404.8 KB · Views: 34
  • image-1977816078.jpg
    image-1977816078.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I wash with it loose. I thoroughly detangle before washing so I didnt think it would be a problem. But no :ohwell: if you let the hair dry before detangling wont it be hard to comb through?

i detangle when my hair is slightly damp. Can't do it when it's wet...

i need to take my twists out but honestly I'm still holding onto them cause I don't know what I'm gonna do once they're out! Ugh! I too need styling ideas for Valentine's Day :ohwell:

24 weeks post today

Im really contemplating on relaxing my edges.... idk

It may not be popular but I did it...I touched up the texlax on the front horseshoe perimeter of my hair about 4 months into my transition (not the hairline by itself because I thought it would make it too weak to eventually be the only relaxed hair on my head)

Honestly. It made my transition easier. That hair laid smoother and made my buns sleeker while I struggled with the transition. Also made my weave blending easier so I didn't have to use heat on that hair.

The front of my hair lagged behind in growth and was the last to get cut and be fully natural, but FOR ME, If I hadn't done it, I probably would have quit.

FYI. I got the idea from Haircrush on you tube.

I am not recommending it! BUT it worked for me.

Well I just spent almost 3 hours detangling my hair. The good news is I didn't have too many knots or matting, I believe that's due to the fact that I've been GHE'ng or baggying pretty much every other day and when I'm at home my hair stays wrapped up in a scarf. I live in the North East and this winter has been brutal thus far so I refuse to let it take my hair hostage. The bad news is that I am still experiencing some breakage :-( I'm not sure if I need another protein treatment since I did one 2 weeks ago I believe. I don't know what else to do, I feel like I've exhausted other avenues when it comes to this mess. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am now 17 wks post.

This is a texture shot from my wash last week

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

flyygirlll2
What kind of protein did you do two weeks ago? Was it a hard protein? Are you experiencing breakage at the line of demarcation? Also, baggying every other day may be putting you in moisture overload that your relaxed hair can't take.

If you're intent on keeping your relaxed ends, as I am, then you have to continue to care for your relaxed hair the way relaxed hair needs to be taken care of which usually means more protein than moisture. So you will likely need to have a set of products for your natural hair and a set of products for your relaxed hair if you haven't found anything that works for both of them.

I'm 13 weeks as of yesterday. I'm so glad that my week of inversion is done because it left my roots so matted from massaging every day. My big problem is always detangling. I think that I end up losing a lot of growth because I'm just not that patient when I detangling.

I really admire the ladies that are able to transition for six months or more. I hope that I can make it to six months - that's when I will decide if I am really going to transition or get another relaxer.

This is me all the way. I feel like I look stupid. I'm getting a weave Thursday :look:

I also feel really self conscious if my outfit is cute but my hair isn't
Good luck with your weave
I'm planning on that next month
Were still doing BKT at the middle/end of May right? :look: SuchaLady

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I also feel really self conscious if my outfit is cute but my hair isn't Good luck with your weave I'm planning on that next month Were still doing BKT at the middle/end of May right? :look: SuchaLady Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sharifeh absolutely :look: it gets really got here in June so I'll probably do the end of May. You're finally getting a weave?! :reddancer: You will ask why you ever tormented yourself not having one :lol:

I would like to get some more information on using protein more when you're transitioning? Specifically, I would like to get some information when to use hard protein. I've never used Aphogee two step or anything like that. I do use the Aphogee two minute protein every few weeks, but I use it because it seems like a good idea. I've never had any sign that I should use it. I'm not sure if I am missing out on something helpful.

flyygirlll2 What kind of protein did you do two weeks ago? Was it a hard protein? Are you experiencing breakage at the line of demarcation? Also, baggying every other day may be putting you in moisture overload that your relaxed hair can't take. If you're intent on keeping your relaxed ends, as I am, then you have to continue to care for your relaxed hair the way relaxed hair needs to be taken care of which usually means more protein than moisture. So you will likely need to have a set of products for your natural hair and a set of products for your relaxed hair if you haven't found anything that works for both of them.
I used the the Komaza protein strengthener, I'm not sure if it would be considered a moderate or hard protein. When I inspected my hair, it looks like the nape area might have some dermacation breakage since it barely processed the last relaxer and it's always been difficult to keep it moisturized. I've tried so many moisturizers and I find that my hair does not hold moisture for long, that's why I've been baggying.... My newgrowth is loving it, but my relaxed hair is throwing up gang signs.

I am 33.5 weeks post, and I am fed up. My relaxed ends are so crazy thin - that is why I decided to transition in the first place - and so I have to ask myself what the point is? I am over this tarnsition. I will BC myself tonight. I'm kinda scared to do it at home though!

I would like to get some more information on using protein more when you're transitioning? Specifically, I would like to get some information when to use hard protein. I've never used Aphogee two step or anything like that. I do use the Aphogee two minute protein every few weeks, but I use it because it seems like a good idea. I've never had any sign that I should use it. I'm not sure if I am missing out on something helpful.

I'll share. I have not stopped using protein while transitioning. I've been using Nexuss Emergencee faithfully. My last treatment I bought some protein filler and added a few capfuls in a bowl along with my Emergencee. I part my hair in small sections and thorougly saturate each section with my protein. For some reason, I like how it makes my kinks feel. Then I poo it out and follow up with a moisturizing dc.

I am 33.5 weeks post, and I am fed up. My relaxed ends are so crazy thin - that is why I decided to transition in the first place - and so I have to ask myself what the point is? I am over this tarnsition. I will BC myself tonight. I'm kinda scared to do it at home though!

Are you sure? Make sure you're comfy with your decision to big chop. How are you wearing your hair throughout your transition? My relaxed ends are scaggly too.

My hairstylist is booked. :censored: I'm about to just go to a barber and say forget this nonsense. :pyro:

Barber for what???!??!?
Go wash your hair and do a braid out or something lol. Have you tried flat ironing your hair? At least that will give you easy breezy hair for at least 1 week.

I did! Last Thursday night. Something just came over me and I felt the time was right..I was 11 months post. I dont regret it and loving my lil fro!

Are you sure? Make sure you're comfy with your decision to big chop. How are you wearing your hair throughout your transition? My relaxed ends are scaggly too.

I think I have completely come to terms with it. I just can't be bothered to even attempt to style this mess on my head anymore. It is headband with bun everyday and it doesn't look remotely cute. I need a change, and honestly when I see how scrawny my ends are looking, I am worried that I will soon start damaging my new growth.

It is hard to BC, but I know what to expect as I had a TWA from teh ages of 11-14 (it was required by my school) so it won't be quite so shcoking. I thought I would transition longer, but honestly, I don't feel like it is worth it for me anymore. My braidouts and twistouts look terrible because of my ends leaving me with nothing but buns and scraggly ones at that. Ugh.

When I was transitioning I used aphogee two step every 6 weeks like clockwork.

I focused on the demarcation line and the ends. I lived and died by the 6 weeks. I even put a calendar reminder in my phone

Your hair looks amazing! Any tips on chopping?

I made sure my hair was completely drenched in conditioner so I would be able to tell definitively where the relaxed hair ends and natural begins. Make sure you have a good pair of scissors and make sure youre ready! I was 100% done with my transition..the relaxed hair looked like strings!

I made sure my hair was completely drenched in conditioner so I would be able to tell definitively where the relaxed hair ends and natural begins. Make sure you have a good pair of scissors and make sure youre ready! I was 100% done with my transition..the relaxed hair looked like strings!

I have scissors and conditioner ready and waiting! I just heard back from my stylist and he is ready to do it for me this week, but I think I will just do it myself tonight and then if it needs to be cleaned up I will go to him. I don't want anyone taking too much off haha.

I have scissors and conditioner ready and waiting! I just heard back from my stylist and he is ready to do it for me this week, but I think I will just do it myself tonight and then if it needs to be cleaned up I will go to him. I don't want anyone taking too much off haha.

Take before and after pics!!

Almost 18 months post relaxer, working my way back to APL... Wash and set a few days ago...

image-247685248.jpg

I love my natural hair! It's so full and thick!!!

When I was transitioning I used aphogee two step every 6 weeks like clockwork.

I focused on the demarcation line and the ends. I lived and died by the 6 weeks. I even put a calendar reminder in my phone

I agree with Havilland. I use the Keracare Reconstructor from the line of demarcation on down to my ends ONLY. My natural hair just does not need that strong of a protein treatment. It is pretty strong and tough as it is! I use the reconstructor once every 8 weeks when I typically clarify my hair.

@sharifeh absolutely :look: it gets really got here in June so I'll probably do the end of May. You're finally getting a weave?! :reddancer: You will ask why you ever tormented yourself not having one :lol:
SuchaLady

yes i think im getting one
my line of demarcation breakage is driving me bonkers so I'm going to try it out for the very first time,
I cant get an appointment until the end of March though :cry:
Don't know what I'll do until then

Back