Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Finally renewed my sub.

I'll have to bow out of this thread as I relaxed two weeks ago at almost 11 months post. I was just winging it, I had impulsively decided to transition at 7 months post in September with no real game plan and it wasn't working out.

Best of luck with your journeys ladies x

87 weeks post. I think. I feels longer, I need to check.

My texlaxed hair is healthy (what's left of it, I had to deal with a lot of breakage when I first started transitioning and trimmed a lot away), but it looks so sad with my natural hair. On its own it looks great - moisturized, shiny, thick for chemically treated hair, long, smooth... Compared to my natural hair it looks so thin and limp. I ALMOST seriously cut it off last week.

No more depressed looking ends.

No more battles between the two textures.

No more dealing with them disagreeing on what I should do to my hair (as soon as my natural hair finally feels moisturized, my relaxed ends are begging for a wash and some protein).

I'd finally get to see my natural hair do its own thing!

I picked up the scissors, then a twist. That's when I noticed just how much hair I'd have to cut off and changed my mind. :lol: Yeah, I don't think I'm going to chop it off in May. Next year sounds better.

Speaking of twists it's been less than a week and they already look old. I've been wrapping my hair and keeping them moisturized, usually I can get a month out of them. My hair just wants to be puffy and free I guess...

This weave has been itching like crazy for the past few days. I think about snatching it out all the time. I've never had a weave itch like this before! The only thing I can think that was done differently with this sew in is that the stylist added synthetic hair to my braided base and this sew in was kinda tight for the first few days. Last night I read about using acv on your scalp as a rinse to alleviate the itching. When I wash this hair I will try that. If that doesn't help some I'll prob have my mom take this mess down.

Idk about my plan of wearing sew ins for the rest of my transtion now. Idk. While I like the look of it this itching business is no joke and feels unnatural. It's not even dry scalp, it's just an unrelenting itch. I'm hoping my wash day with acv will put an end to this and my scalp will sing hallelujiah praises.

On a lighter note, in two weeks I'll be 1 year post :woohoo:

Last edited:
I just bit the bullet and ordered the mizani therma smooth system , now I need my own flatiron
Learning to straighten my own hair is going to be a steep learning curve but worth it

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

@Britt
The synthetic hair is the culprit!

Thanks! It has to be b/c I've used this weave hair in the past and never experienced anything like this. Is the synthetic hair bad for my hair? I'm not a weave expert, but the person who installed it said she it kinda protects the hair some for when the tracks are sewn in.

I just bit the bullet and ordered the mizani therma smooth system , now I need my own flatiron Learning to straighten my own hair is going to be a steep learning curve but worth it Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
Is that like the Chi Enviro straightening system? I'd love to know how you like it and see your results.

Almost 13 months post. I've been wearing full sew-ins for 10 months but I think I'm going back to braids or Senegalese twists. I've been working out and my weaves look busted after exercising. I'm not going to stop working out just so I can continue to look cute. Braids are the perfect for this. I plan to continue to transition for at least another 6 months to a year.

Is that like the Chi Enviro straightening system? I'd love to know how you like it and see your results.

no it's not like chi enviro
it's just a smoothing shampoo, conditioner, serum, spray set
it's supposed to be really good, I'll report back,

sharifeh I transitioned from 2008-2010 and whenever I got my hair straightened at a Regis salon my stylist used the Mizani Thermasmooth products on my hair. They really do work! I had no heat damage either but I straightened my hair about 3 times during my 17 month transition.

no it's not like chi enviro it's just a smoothing shampoo, conditioner, serum, spray set it's supposed to be really good, I'll report back,
I just watched a YouTube video on the process and it is almost exactly like the chi enviro. I'm not sure about the ingredients, there is probably a difference there. I'd still like to see and hear about your results.

I just watched a YouTube video on the process and it is almost exactly like the chi enviro. I'm not sure about the ingredients, there is probably a difference there. I'd still like to see and hear about your results.

My bad
I actually don't know what the chi enviro is :giggle: I thought it was like a BKT or a DE treatment :rofl: so you could very well be correct

My head is itching and flaking so badly! I really need to wash. Is this dry scalp? Or is it dandruff? Sorry for the gross tmi photo of my comb image-618357317.jpg

I got those flakes just from a few seconds of combing and my scalp is itching like crazy :(

I am soooo bored with this transition. I am now 7.5 months post and I am increasingly finding myself drwn to TWA threads. I think a BC is in my very near future...

My bad I actually don't know what the chi enviro is :giggle: I thought it was like a BKT or a DE treatment :rofl: so you could very well be correct Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
;) I'd really like to learn about it because I'm currently using Chi, I really like it but it's kind of hard get unless you're a professional. I don't know about BKT or DE.

Cattypus1 Chi Enviro = Hydrolyzed Silk Protein Mizani Thermasmooth = Ceramides Which one does your hair respond to better? Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

Thank you so much for that information...I have been trying to incorporate ceramides into my regi every where I can but I think my hair loves the hydrolyzed silk protein. I did a 26 week stretch last year and was chomping at the bit to relax/Texlax from about week 16 on. I couldn't comb my hair. Now at 30 weeks (tomorrow) the difference between textures is very apparent to look at it but it doesn't tangle or snag and break at the demarcation like it did before Chi.

I didn't know that Thanks for the info! I have to read up on this chi enviro I have no idea what it is! Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
So far, so good on my results. I've had two treatments. The first one I went to a trusted stylist but I'm a diehard DIY-er so the second one I did myself, about 2 months apart. I used to say that as long as they kept making relaxers I was going to keep getting them. That all changed when I was forced to change brands and damaged my hair in the switch. I'm still recovering. The long and short of it is that my hair does not look like 30 weeks post when I straighten it...it looks jacked LOL when it's wet --shrinkage is crazy but it feels stronger and softer than ever and I can comb through it wet or dry root to tip. I look relaxed about week 3. Summer heat and humidity will tell the true story.

I have no idea how to wear my hair anymore. I want to start back working out but I can't go into work looking like who shot Farmer John. I'm tired of bunning. It makes no sense to straighten. I haven't really been in the mood for a weave. And I've never had braids. Don't think I want to try them. What's left? And I'm being serious here.

I have no idea how to wear my hair anymore. I want to start back working out but I can't go into work looking like who shot Farmer John. I'm tired of bunning. It makes no sense to straighten. I haven't really been in the mood for a weave. And I've never had braids. Don't think I want to try them. What's left? And I'm being serious here.

Maybe a wig. Although I have never been successful. I always feel shame or feel like it's going to come off. So I never make it out the door. But so many ladies have been very successful. Maybe my head is not shaped right lol

Back