Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Ok ladies I will start the challenge next week during my time off. I will make sure to tag and/or mention the ladies in this thread.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of a clever title. Please chime in. Here are my thoughts:

2015/2016 long term transitioners challenge

No Big Chop until 2015/2016

Relaxed to natural insanity challenge 2015/2016

The WAIT - transitioning until 2016

2 textures - the saga continues until 2016

I like them all and they are quite catchy. I am partial to 'Relaxed to natural insanity challenge 2015/2016'. I guess because at many points during this process I might feel like I am going insane :)

Brittster said:
Full reversion of my edges after I sprayed it, this is the day before wash day Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Your hair looks nice
So it is the same amount of curliness you had before the design essentials treatment ?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Your hair looks nice
So it is the same amount of curliness you had before the design essentials treatment ?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Thank you! yes... same amount. The pic in the bun is exactly how my hair looks in a bun pre treatment.

My Hair: 7 months post (29 weeks)
0031.jpg

Those on my Instagram already saw these. I am going to do a major trim after work!

Aso I went to hard on flat iron... root to tip. next time just till demarcation line...

attachment.php

IMG_20131119_090235.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty! Does your flat iron job last you all week?

Brittster, Lol, we shall see by end of week... this is first time flat-ironing hair in a long time.. I usually blow out and call it the day.... If it doesnt last I will not be that pressed, already tired of it being out... Lol... I will most likely try some dry twist styles once this starts to fade... i dont plan to wash till night before thanksgiving, or around that time...

Oh yea in regards to other question per last response, this is first time doing this type of rollerset or any for that matter, been in braids since forever... I plan on doing this going forward, the ponytail set that is, because it is super duper easy... I was literally done in under 2 hours... including setting hair, under dryer, and flat ironing, as I took each section out I flatironed... Just gotta be extra careful taking out bands... :grin:

Last edited:
bebezazueta I'm in! I've cut off so much hair this last year transitioning that I've decided to STOP. My plan is to resume regular trims until the processed hair is gone.

Ok ladies I will start the challenge next week during my time off. I will make sure to tag and/or mention the ladies in this thread.

In the meantime, I'm thinking of a clever title. Please chime in. Here are my thoughts:

2015/2016 long term transitioners challenge

No Big Chop until 2015/2016

Relaxed to natural insanity challenge 2015/2016

The WAIT - transitioning until 2016

2 textures - the saga continues until 2016

I love your hair! What did you spray it with? Was it some sort of pre-poo treatment?

LOL! thanks.. girl no, this is raggedy dirty hair that needs washing. I just sprayed my edges with my Komaza care spray (forget which one I grabbed), applied a little Hairveda gel and put in a bun.

Saw a pic of my relaxed hair from last october and I started feeling a little down....I missdd my hair looking like that!!!" Im 37 wks into my transition and know it will all be worth it in the end. Some one please talk me off the ledge....

Saw a pic of my relaxed hair from last october and I started feeling a little down....I missdd my hair looking like that!!!" Im 37 wks into my transition and know it will all be worth it in the end. Some one please talk me off the ledge....

it will be worth it. i promise.

too me relaxed hair was like a trip to Bahamas.......great place to visit. beautiful. cost too much to live there for me (breakage, money on touch ups, not having my hair be all it could be, trapped by salon visits) but still GORGEOUS!

too me being natural is like moving into the house of my dreams....more upkeep than i thought it would be, costs a bit more in terms of shrinkage, reversion...the ever growing learning curve...

...BUT IT'S MINE! i created it...i designed it...i furnished it and if i take care of it and am willing to pay the price, no one will ever be able to take it away from me. it may not be the Bahamas anymore, but the sunrise is much more beautiful through these windows cus i get to look out of them EVERY DAY.:yep:

(and when i miss the Bahamas (straight hair) I can always go on vacation (flat iron, weave, wig)):lachen:

too me relaxed hair was like a trip to Bahamas.......great place to visit. beautiful. cost too much to live there for me (breakage, money on touch ups, not having my hair be all it could be, trapped by salon visits) but still GORGEOUS!

too me being natural is like moving into the house of my dreams....more upkeep than i thought it would be, costs a bit more in terms of shrinkage, reversion...the ever growing learning curve...

...BUT IT'S MINE! i created it...i designed it...i furnished it and if i take care of it and am willing to pay the price, no one will ever be able to take it away from me. it may not be the Bahamas anymore, but the sunrise is much more beautiful through these windows cus i get to look out of them EVERY DAY.:yep:

(and when i miss the Bahamas (straight hair) I can always go on vacation (flat iron, weave, wig)):lachen:

Wow, that is a great way to describe it. That's exactly how I feel too :yep:

Shower detangling is getting easier but the ng doesn't stay hydrated for nothing. My length feels amazing though.

Hey....I live in The Bahamas:grin: it is expensive living here for real.

Those of you who flat twists.. there has got to be an easier way! Do you wait until your hair is partially dry after wash day shenanigans before you attempt it or is your hair fairly damp? Either way its hard for me to keep my hair from tangling while doing them.

Just had to rewash and dc for a little bit.. my flat twist looked like a flat disaster. Im having a serious hate my hair day.

Back