Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

SuchaLady, my hair feels better now since using protein last night. I've never been the one to get zero breakage so I see a broken strand here and there but it's not like it was - definitely better. I am not ready to relax but I won't sit and let strands continue popping as well. What a pickle. I definitely will relax the week after Thanksgiving if things don't settle. The reason I'm waiting that long -- I'm on travel next week and the following week is Thanksgiving. If my stylist doesn't go out of town, I'll relax Thanksgiving week.

beauti, here's the thing -- I normally let my stylist do my hair from start - finish, including protein. I honestly don't know when protein is added (before/after neutralizing). I haven't really needed to know because things were fine for the longest time. Something changed within the last 6 months. I'm unsure if she changed products or if my hair changed. I started getting protein overloaded after each visit. So, I had this genius idea this last time to allow her to relax/neutralize only and I complete everything else at home. The reason I didn't use protein at home was because a LHCF stylist advised me to use protein a few days after the relaxer since I'm protein sensitive for the reason it gives the hair time to keratinize on its on, etc. She really meant well and offered great advice. The missing detail was that protein is only optional for some. The "some" are those where the relaxer is not too strong for the hair. Those who use strong relaxers (I am relaxed with Design Essentials Regular) should use protein. I found this out way, way too late....after enduring all the breakage. I will take the 2 minute with me. Is that a hard enough protein to balance the strength of the relaxer?

I really like DE Regular. I don't particularly need regular (or do I think) but I also don't want to be relaxed with a low or no lye relaxer. My hair performs better with lye. It was dry and frizzy when I was relaxed with DE Sensitive Scalp. The bad thing about stylists in my area is that they offer whatever they choose to carry and you're left hoping your hair likes it.

I know I have some decisions to make...I need to make them soon before the dreaded setback happens. I did an informal length check last night and all seems well so the breakage doesn't appear to have taken a toll (yet).

divachyk oh ok. Hmm.. how about you bring your own products the next time you go? that way you'll know for sure what's going in your hair. The aphogee 2min is a mild protein as opposed to the hardcore 2step. I don't know... you said your hair is doing okay right now? so I guess see what happens in couple of days. In the meantime I would alternate co washing and or moisturizing with a protein based product and a regular moisture based product

bebezazueta said:
ScorpioLove & SuchaLady hello transitioning buds! Is it crazy that I want a challenge for those ending their transition in 2015/2016. So we can all just hang out in 1 place?

I also don't want to cut my hair anytime soon although my stylist wants me too
I don't think your idea is crazy at all!
Would be a great thread!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ScorpioLove & SuchaLady hello transitioning buds!

Is it crazy that I want a challenge for those ending their transition in 2015/2016. So we can all just hang out in 1 place?

Is there enough traffic for that? People always end up chopping earlier ban they envisioned and I think the only thing that really keeps this thread alive is the new people that join.

I saw all of that to say, "don't leave me!"

I definitely will be chipping in 14!

My roots after I took down my scarf
I washed and dced last night

29xwt37.jpg

fjp1sm.jpg

21de682.jpg

woops pics were huge

Last edited:
my hair is in perm rods at the moment. i didnt flat iron the roots after my rollerset i just used a scarf last night to flatten the top.

i have 5-6 inches of bone straight ends and 9 to 12 inches of texlaxed hair... and like an 1-1.25 inches of ng
its actually kind of hard to see the difference between my ng and texlaxed hair towards the middle

Attachments

• DSC05496.jpg
    DSC05496.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 72
If a challenge is started for those chopping in 2015/16 I'm in. The more I think about it the more I am determined to transition to natural. Every time I comb my daughter's hair I can't find a reason not to.

wow that would be so cool! I dont think there's ever been a BC challenge?? I'm down...I think...unless I chop way before then :look:

I haven't posted in here in a while but I've been transitioning via sew-ins. My hair is past neck length but definitely not bra strap length yet. I literally have about one inch of relaxed hair left and I'm holding on to those ends like no tomorrow. lol.. I know it's crazy but I just don't want to chop.

Trying use of flexirods for a while but I plan to wear wigs all next year to finish this transition without heat.

I cant see much texture when my hair is wet. I can only see it when it airdries (which I try not to do often because letting it air dry is just a horrible idea). What does that mean?

I just got into the shower, clashed , rollerset my hair then blew out my edges with my sisters wonderful sedu it was nice ,I need to invest in an expensive blow dryer for this transition , I'm really dumb with the flatiron I don't understand how to flatiron roots :look:
I'm tired but it looks much better than the bun I was sporting earlier sooo much effort though

I cant see much texture when my hair is wet. I can only see it when it airdries (which I try not to do often because letting it air dry is just a horrible idea). What does that mean?

this happens when your relaxed ends are weighing down your roots and not letting the curls pop......

how much new growth do you have?

i had to show you ladies this too!

my first WNG that works....after a long 2 year transition....i finally have some style.

do i regret being in a bun/ponytail for 2 years straight? NOPE!!!!! i am so glad i kept my length and that sacrifice paid off today.

Attachments

• photo(8).JPG
    photo(8).JPG
    190.8 KB · Views: 101
Washed my hair yesterday and blow dried it. I wish I did this sooner, my hair gets relatively straight and smooth enough with blow dryer. I'll be heat using natural lol !

Attachments

• image-231514699.jpg
    image-231514699.jpg
    448.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2889596586.jpg
    image-2889596586.jpg
    382.7 KB · Views: 78
  • image-3453873415.jpg
    image-3453873415.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 82
Full reversion of my edges after I sprayed it, this is the day before wash day

Attachments

• image-2586308362.jpg
    image-2586308362.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 89
  • image-3132754430.jpg
    image-3132754430.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 81
Okay, ladies...my DD convinced me that I should try the CHI environmental and so I have. Can I join the challenge or is CHI cheating? This is day 1 and I love, love, love my hair...so far. If this is what CHI does then I'm giving up CC forever. I gotta see it after the first wash. Saturday is wash day, I'll know then if I can officially say the T word.

What is CC? And Im not saying the t-word until I cut off my relaxed hair 2.5-3 years from now. :look:

Okay, ladies...my DD convinced me that I should try the CHI environmental and so I have. Can I join the challenge or is CHI cheating? This is day 1 and I love, love, love my hair...so far. If this is what CHI does then I'm giving up CC forever. I gotta see it after the first wash. Saturday is wash day, I'll know then if I can officially say the T word.

I have a good bit I would take my bun down to show yall but I had to beat my hair into it so Im not bothering it until wash day :look::lol: I will take pictures when I wash this weekend.

this happens when your relaxed ends are weighing down your roots and not letting the curls pop......

how much new growth do you have?

Here I am at 40 weeks! A day late with this set but wanted to avoid rain, lol!

It's a pony tail set, will update in am with results.

attachment.php

PhotoGrid_1384834650104.jpg

Last edited:
Back