Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

@beauti

You hair and color is FAB! How many months post are you?

As for my trim.....I DID IT! *Does the celebratory dougie*

Results:

Hair.jpg

I'm just above MBL, but truth be told I can care less about length right about now. Health for me is now and forever numero UNO!

I took off about 1/2 inch to 1.5 inch all around. I even cut some face framing layers and long layers in the top for body.....I FLIPPIN' LOVE IT! I'm going to pincurl and will try to take pics best I can in the a.m.

Last edited:
I'm in this bih... :wave2: Unofficially transitioning without bc'ing. I'm kinda hype. But we will see how I feel in a few weeks. Currently 8 months post! We will see...

@beauti You hair and color is FAB! How many months post are you? As for my trim.....I DID IT! *Does the celebratory dougie* Results: I'm just above MBL, but truth be told I can care less about length right about now. Health for me is now and forever numero UNO! I took off about 1/2 inch to 1.5 inch all around. I even cut some face framing layers and long layers in the top for body.....I FLIPPIN' LOVE IT! I'm going to pincurl and will try to take pics best I can in the a.m.

Oooooh lala!

DominicanBrazilian82

MARCH?! Chile don't make me rednose up in this thang. I'd be a cackling fool should I make it by March.

Ummm and I looked at you pic in the 2013 Relaxed Buddy Thread. You do realized that youre nearing BSL right? You're past APL thats for sure. When you flat iron this week, LC to see if you're BSB.

Last edited:
DominicanBrazilian82 MARCH?! Chile don't make me rednose up in this thang. I'd be a cackling fool should I make it by March. Ummm and I looked at you pic in the 2013 Relaxed Buddy Thread. You do realized that you nearing BSL right? You're past APL thats for sure. When you flat iron this week, LC to see if you're BSB.

Lol!!! I definitely will. I stop checking a while ago. But I definitely will. I want to get the health up there. I'm tryna be where you are by April. I'm back taking care, so sky's the limit with length. Health is truly my focus moving forward. EnExitStageLeft

beauti how did you blow dry? Did you use a comb attachment? I'm on a mission for smooth frizz free hair and I'm failing so far.
GettingKinky my hair laughs at a comb attachment. The teeth break off :nono: I use the tension method to stretch my roots out as straight as I can but the flat iron gets me very straight

@beauti

You hair and color is FAB! How many months post are you?
EnExitStageLeft thanks girl! YOUR hair is fab! Wish I could trim my hair like that! What products do you moisturize with when your hair is straight like that? My hair reverts quickly. I'm 56 weeks post

beauti
your new growth is so tame damn i would be so happy if mine would lay down like that mine is all crazy looking :look:
sharifeh thanks girl! But trust me, the ONLY reason my new growth was laid like that is because I pre pooed! Gotta keep it hydrated. Otherwise...Chile... :look:

beauti

Nothing special. Just a light creme and argan oil. I make sure to use a humidity proof serum while straightening though. My fav and only cone based serum is Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum :love:

@beauti You hair and color is FAB! How many months post are you? As for my trim.....I DID IT! *Does the celebratory dougie* Results: I'm just above MBL, but truth be told I can care less about length right about now. Health for me is now and forever numero UNO! I took off about 1/2 inch to 1.5 inch all around. I even cut some face framing layers and long layers in the top for body.....I FLIPPIN' LOVE IT! I'm going to pincurl and will try to take pics best I can in the a.m.
Just gorgeous!! EnExitStageLeft

Last edited:
I almost bc this morning. I rolled my hair last night and thought I was going to pull it up into a bun...my hair was like "come again?" So I washed again and blow dried. I'm five months post- ladies who are past this point, what did you do when a regular roller set was no longer an option?

Week 13

i only like that the twists stretched out my ng which makes it easy to comb through, other than that :nono: . barely any definition

1st pic is after twisting
2nd is the end of day 1
3rd, is today (ng is pretty stretched out)

Attachments

• DSC05507.jpg
    DSC05507.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC05519.jpg
    DSC05519.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC05528.jpg
    DSC05528.jpg
    544.1 KB · Views: 110
ladies!!! Here's a thought: how about we do a natural/transitioning bun thread?? I used to post in the relaxed hair bunning thread but now that I'm deep in my transition it doesn't feel like home anymore :sad: So what y'all think?

More like an honest random thought:
I just made 9 months post and I'm having some transitioning/natural hair identity crisis issues :look: :lol:. My goal overall was to stop relaxing hair -- check.... and I think I plan to use heat in some capacity on my natural hair, partly b/c I don't see myself rocking a lot of the natural styles I see on the blogs/in real life/etc on myself. I don't plan on big chopping. I LOVE braid outs, twist outs and bantu knots on natural hair, and especially on blow dried natural hair also, those look fab. I don't want to completely loose all of my natural hair pattern either. Since I've gotten the DE treatment (1 month ago), I've been using heat in some capacity (blow dryer, and flat iron once), and it's been such a relief to comb my hair in the mornings. Up until then, I've been wearing my hair pinned back with the edges slicked down and it was starting to look matronly everyday and then the insides of my roots were just coarse, kinky and my hair was starting to break and wash day was just work. This weekend I will wash my hair and see how I feel. I want the flexibility to rock a big fluffy twist out/braid out/bantu knot out, and also to rock straight hair. As much as I've scoured the internet, I don't find many versatile naturals or naturals who use heat regularly. I've read the naturals who use heat thread, but I need more pics, and looks, etc. I feel like what I want to do with my hair is in the minority and almost taboo :ohwell:.

Back