Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I washed my hair yesterday and found it's getting harder and harder to detangle. I'm going to try some of the suggestions in this thread next time.

I'm not sure if anyone here wears hats in the winter, but I'm wondering if it's possible to wear them without seeing a lot of breakage? I'm in the northeast and really don't want to freeze, but I don't want to risk ruining my hair either.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

get a black silk scarf to wear under hats....hats are the debil:nono:

I washed my hair yesterday and found it's getting harder and harder to detangle. I'm going to try some of the suggestions in this thread next time. I'm not sure if anyone here wears hats in the winter, but I'm wondering if it's possible to wear them without seeing a lot of breakage? I'm in the northeast and really don't want to freeze, but I don't want to risk ruining my hair either. Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
I have a great hat and I don't get any breakage at all...best advise, no knits!

i used l'oreal hicolor no bleach. My ends are darker so I've been using a few tracks that I also colored as a faux bun

Oops don't know why they're sideways

Attachments

• photo-1.JPG
    photo-1.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 60
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 60
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 53
Looking for 4a info:

My hair refused to be put in flexirods. I tried washing with con argan oil shampoo..detangling with HE hello hydration and then dc with ors hair mayo..my hair was not as soft as I thought it should be. HE is the only way I can comb through my hair on wash day..how can I keep it that way when Im braiding for my braid outs? Also Id like to do a trim but my hair is horrible when blown out!

SuchaLady said:
You will find some great advice here :yep: Dont be afraid to post your questions. Im like you. If this stretch turns into a transition Im not cutting off any hair before 3 years in. Why would I trade BSLish relaxed hair to be a bald natural is how I see it :look:
SuchaLady thank you!!! @ the last line
My stylist wants me to get a shoulder length bob but I'm like this is not the time to get some trendy haircut if I was still relaxing regularly I wouldn't care because it would grow out of it fast and it would look great but I don't want no cute SL hair cut with mountains of NG :look: it's not gonna look right IMO

sharifeh Its not the best idea right now. Go with your gut. The shorter your relaxed ends the more control your natural hair has. The rest is self explanatory. :look:

SuchaLady thank you!!! @ the last line
My stylist wants me to get a shoulder length bob but I'm like this is not the time to get some trendy haircut if I was still relaxing regularly I wouldn't care because it would grow out of it fast and it would look great but I don't want no cute SL hair cut with mountains of NG :look: it's not gonna look right IMO

Most of my coworkers are natural and I was talking to a few of them today and told them i was transitioning. They were so sad and I was SO shocked. I wonder why?....hmmmmm

I love your hair color beauti

Ok ladies, my hair is feeling good thus far. Breakage isn't too bad which is typically the norm throughout the week. It's just wash day breakage that's a pain. I've been braiding my hair up nightly to keep it stretched. I'm impressed with how good this week is going thus far -- knock on wood.

Oh and....

Last night I massaged with PBN Sapote oil. It was soooo thick and I was worried my hair would be a hot mess today. Nope! My ng is so soft. Is drenching the hair in oil what I've been missing all this time?

Flat ironed my hair last night... I keep debating with myself over which is more damaging; flat ironing my own hair on 280-300 or going to the Dominican salon to get it rollerset.

Any thoughts?

Cattypus1

They talk about relaxers often. I honestly think some of them wanted to relax on the low, but don't because of whatever reason :rolleyes:. They were probably living vicariously through me :lol:.

And no they didn't. I wanted to ask them, but didn't get a chance. A parent came in and I had to be professional and what not lol.

havilland, cattypus

I'm going shopping to pick out some new hats this weekend. I need to pick up a black scarf too since the one I wear at night is way too bright. Thanks for the tips.

beauti love your hair color! So pretty.

I need to camp out in here! Transitioning with 14 inches relaxed hair! No way I'm cutting it all at once. I'm 11 weeks post and I'm blessed that both textures play well. No sulfates and no silicones and I do braid outs, banana clip ponies and buns. I Plan to trim 2 inches every length check. So a 3 year transition is my plan.

Here's a new growth shot.

Attachments

• image-3143144522.jpg
    image-3143144522.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 41
Still not saying the T word but I'm 18 weeks post today and feeling no pain. This "stretch" is a breeze, I am loving my NG and my hair is really behaving herself. Finally getting a real reggie and wash day doesn't take all day.

Yup. I refuse to say t-r-a-n-s-i-t-i-o-n-i-n-g. Its a curse word and we cant curse on here. :look:

That way I wont feel so bad if I relax my hair in a few months :lol:

Still not saying the T word but I'm 18 weeks post today and feeling no pain. This "stretch" is a breeze, I am loving my NG and my hair is really behaving herself. Finally getting a real reggie and wash day doesn't take all day.

Go bebezazueta! This thread is lively.

ETA: One of my blog followers asked if I was transitioning. I'm not transitioning, I don't think....even if I was.... I'd never admit that because I want the freedom to change my mind without criticize or complaint. I know she wouldn't but not everyone is supportive. :yep:

Last edited:
@divachyk

Tis' the reason I'm still active in the relaxed forums. Well, that and I don't like restriction :nono:.

Story time:

Coworker: Hall you have some good hair?

Me: :look: Don't say that

Coworker: But you do though

Me: *Walks Away*

The saying "Good Hair" needs to be killed, pronounced dead and buried in a umarked grave DEEP inside the earth. :yep:

Last edited:
divachyk

Tis' the reason I'm still active in the relaxed forums. Well, that and I don't like restriction :nono:.

Story time:

Coworker: Hall you have some good hair?

Me: :look: Don't say that

Coworker: But you do though

Me: *Walks Away*

The saying "Good Hair" needs to be killed, dead and buried DEEP into the earth. :yep:

One of my co-workers yesterday said they thought I was mixed because I have good hair smh

@divachyk Tis' the reason I'm still active in the relaxed forums. Well, that and I don't like restriction :nono:. Story time: Coworker: Hall you have some good hair? Me: :look: Don't say that Coworker: But you do though Me: *Walks Away* The saying "Good Hair" needs to be killed, pronounced dead and buried in a umarked grave DEEP inside the earth. :yep:
ALL hair is good hair, just ask the girl (or guy) with no hair--I'm sure they'd take whatever you got! It sho is purty tho!

Last edited:
EnExitStageLeft, I don't do good with restrictions either.

OT: EnExitStageLeft Rae81 Cattypus1, I'm from the south where nappy and good hair exists. Just keeping it real. With that said, I'd be honored to be told I got good hair. Some think I'm natural. Some think I have good hair. It's all a compliment to me. Now, we, LHCF, are taught all hair is good hair but I know I'm not the only one that have seen a head that looks like....well, I won't say it but let's just say, a hot mess AND nothing looks good on that head, period. :spinning:

EnExitStageLeft, I don't do good with restrictions either. OT: EnExitStageLeft Rae81 Cattypus1, I'm from the south where nappy and good hair exists. Just keeping it real. With that said, I'd be honored to be told I got good hair. Some think I'm natural. Some think I have good hair. It's all a compliment to me. Now, we, LHCF, are taught all hair is good hair but I know I'm not the only one that have seen a head that looks like....well, I won't say it but let's just say, a hot mess AND nothing looks good on that head, period. :spinning:
I feel you on that, and it ain't just the south! I can't tell you how many times I heard "nappy-headed gal". I learned long before I hit LHCF that all hair really is good hair...some of it is just easier to take care of than others. I have to stop myself from referring to hair as good or bad myself...those references are part of the reason that I am totally obsessed with hair now. I'm trying not to pass it on. There is way too much self-esteem tied up in hair. I think your hair is beautiful. Just sayin'...

Back