Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

After using the app, I found out that I am 71 weeks post today and not 69 as I counted on my own.

Last edited:
WHAAAAT?!?!?! Y'all need to stop now. I'm getting so jealous. :congrats: to you january noir! I know you said no pics, but I sure wish I could see some.

These 4 1/2-5 1/2 weeks can't go by quick enough!

Gotta fix the pic. It's sideways. I hate that the iPhone and the LHCF app does that. :rant:

Attachments

• image-3492028963.jpg
    image-3492028963.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
january noir very nice!!! Looks very good on you!! Congrats on being 100% natural great way to start summer!!! I wish I could do it but I jus don't think the twa fits my face... Going to keep my transition going until at least the end if the year... I would be about 1 1/2 yr post by then....

I'm home now and here's better pics. I LOVE IT! I don't know what it's going to look like in the morning and after my Spin class! :look: :lol:

IMG_1278-vi.jpg

IMG_1283-vi.jpg

january noir That is SO PRETTY! It suits you so well too! You have hair that I look at and wonder, "Why did she ever relax in the first place?"
Dayjoy
I love you and your compliment! :hug2:

january noir it looks great!!!
Thanks caliscurls! :grin:

OMG!! Congrats january noir !!!! I'm so excited for you!!! How do you feel?
OneShinyface
I feel like I can take on the world with my bad self! :lol:

Congrats and good luck, january noir! I can't wait to see those pics! :)
ezina
Soooo, I broke down ezina and I do feel great and I'm sure each day will get better! :up: I can't wait to see what it looks like in 1 year, 2 years, then 5 years from now. :yep:

Thanks Ladies for the compliments for my BC! Shrinkage is a BEAST! :lol:
I am getting acquainted with my natural hair and she's pretty pleasant. She has lots of different personalities though; curly on top, super kinky just behind her sister curly and coiled at the nape.

This is going to be interesting...

I am getting acquainted with my natural hair and she's pretty pleasant. She has lots of different personalities though; curly on top, super kinky just behind her sister curly and coiled at the nape.

so glad you came back to post!:grin:

I have been rocking my ponytail for over a week now. I decided that even though it's not the best/healthiest option, I flat iron and wear my hair straight sometimes to give myself a break. It seems to work nicely for me to keep me sane! :)

Attachments

• image-3073913464.jpg
    image-3073913464.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 57
They other day as I braided the side, I left the middle out and bent/hid the relaxer to the side.

Ah fauxhawk....I wiiiiiish.

20130512_001403.jpg

Also, I don't understand my busted hairline :perplexed

so glad you came back to post!:grin:

Of course havilland!

I will stop in from time to time and see how everyone is doing as well as sharing my experience for those that are on the fence about doing the "deed." :lol:

Today was the first cleanse I gave myself. Not too bad at all. I used Wen, a leave-in and threw some curling jelly on my head and air dried. I don't mind my TWA (after the shrinkage); it looks quite cool and when I do my makeup and put on my clothes and jewelry, I look very fashionable and chic. :yep:

It's super cute!

Congrats!

Of course havilland!

I will stop in from time to time and see how everyone is doing as well as sharing my experience for those that are on the fence about doing the "deed." :lol:

Today was the first cleanse I gave myself. Not too bad at all. I used Wen, a leave-in and threw some curling jelly on my head and air dried. I don't mind my TWA (after the shrinkage); it looks quite cool and when I do my makeup and put on my clothes and jewelry, I look very fashionable and chic. :yep:

I KNOW YOU DO!!!! :grin:

Funny you say that about stopping in from time to time. I only started coming back over to the Hair Forum again after my decision to transition. After I cut, I won't feel like I have a home over here on the Hair side anymore. This is the only thread I come over here for. :sad: I'm going to still be posting here and y'all are going to be telling me to MOVE ON! :lol:

Last edited:

Funny you say that about stopping in from time to time. I only started coming back over to the Hair Forum again after my decision to transition. After I cut, I won't feel like I have a home over here on the Hair side anymore. This is the only thread I come over here for. :sad: I'm going to still be posting here and y'all are going to be telling me to MOVE ON! :lol:

don't leave us!!!!!:grin:

when i cut my hair i will still come here. i love y'all!

Awww! THANKS Dayjoy! :hug2:

No they won't. You won't be by yourself. I'll be coming by too!

I left the hair board for a few years and came back because I was transitioning and didn't know what to do with my hair. I avoid the hair threads for the most part but this has been my home for over a year.

RemyRem
JaszG
january noir

Congrats on your big chops; you look great!

I did my multiple snips on 5/12 so I am no longer transitioning. I love my hair and really wish I had returned to natural a long time ago. I have not really tried to style my hair in any special kind of way so I don't really have any special pics to post.

I wish the rest of you a smooth transition. I'm still subscribed to this thread, so I'll poke my head in for big chop announcements. :grin:

Thanks daviine! Congrats to you too!

I've relocated to the TWA thread (I hope to move on from there quickly though), but I will always come through this neighborhood from time to time and visit! :grin:

I left the hair board for a few years and came back because I was transitioning and didn't know what to do with my hair. I avoid the hair threads for the most part but this has been my home for over a year.

RemyRem
JaszG
january noir

Congrats on your big chops; you look great!

I did my multiple snips on 5/12 so I am no longer transitioning. I love my hair and really wish I had returned to natural a long time ago. I have not really tried to style my hair in any special kind of way so I don't really have any special pics to post.

I wish the rest of you a smooth transition. I'm still subscribed to this thread, so I'll poke my head in for big chop announcements. :grin:

Really weird, but why did this post almost make me teary? :look: :yep: Maybe because you called this your "home." I hang out mostly in the Makeup and Nail Fanatics Forums, but this is my Hair Forum "home" right here too.

daviine You Big chopped??? Congrats!!!!

MsDee14 Yes ma'am! But I just washed my hair and found some stray straight hairs but I'm still calling 5/12 the official day. Who knows how much longer I'll find strays?

When I was on the board the first go-round, I always posted pics but the Internet is forever so I'm a little paranoid about it. But it doesn't feel right to post for so long in a thread and not show something, so I'm working on it. I'll either post a link or post a pic and then delete it. I don't know. I have to get the pics off my phone first. But don't hold your breath waiting for glamour shots okay? I'll be posting my #nofilter pics. :rofl:

Really weird, but why did this post almost make me teary? :look: :yep: Maybe because you called this your "home." I hang out mostly in the Makeup and Nail Fanatics Forums, but this is my Hair Forum "home" right here too.

It really is/was my home (so confused lol)--it was the place I felt the safest because there was no drama, there is/was real support and it was a nice and cozy group. But now that I've "bc"ed, I'll have to find a new place to live. :ohwell:

I would hang with you in the Makeup and Nail Fanatics Forum Dayjoy but my make up skills are nonexistent. I used to be one of those people who proudly didn't wear makeup. Shhhhh.... I'll post in the Nail forum again if I ever get my nails to recuperate from all the acetone... :blah: But I digress.... :lachen:

Last edited:
Back