Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Napp I got my novex argon oil leavein in the mail today!!! I'm taking out my weave next week and I'm gonna try it.. I hope to have the same results!!

Deziyah I am actually going to do a review later in the week about the whole line. I really like them! I wish they were more popular in the US so i could find more on ground.

I am in the midst of a deep conditioning session. yesterday my hair was so unruly that i stuck my head in the sink at work..... no. i'm not joking.

I realize that i was behind on my deep protein treatment which should have been done two weeks ago. my hair was letting me know!

i am trying Hairveda Methi Satva protein two step treatment today for the first time. i will be back with an update later.

back to update....the hairveda methi sativa system is bomb! my hair feels fortified and light and thick but manageable! i love it....and it's easier to use than aphogee. i will still use aphoghee, but less often now since my hair isn't damaged perse.

be back to add a picture(added)

You can see my thin relaxed ends in this photo and the lovely shine I had this morning....my hair did start to revert as the day went on. But it feels good. ;)

Attachments

• image-3137265598.jpg
    image-3137265598.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 42
  • image-1755925763.jpg
    image-1755925763.jpg
    499.2 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
back to update....the hairveda methi sativa system is bomb! my hair feels fortified and light and thick but manageable! i love it....and it's easier to use than aphogee. i will still use it, but less often now since my hair isn't damaged perse.

be back to add a picture

OMG, you ladies are gonna send me to the poor house!! I have no self control.... looking up this product now.....:yep:

Today marks 75 weeks. I'm cutting at 80 and wearing it natural for the first time at 81. I washed my hair in three sections on Monday and BOY did sectioning make a difference! I used CON red and ORS Replenishing and had a really easy time. I'm wearing a bun until next Wednesday when I'll go to the salon a get my LAST transitioning flat iron. Look at my pics!

My bottom layer is collarbone stretched. Hopefully I'll have a BAA soon!

Last edited:
Today marks 75 weeks. I'm cutting at 80 and wearing it natural for the first time at 81. I washed my hair in three sections on Monday and BOY did sectioning make a difference! I used CON red and ORS Replenishing and had a really easy time. I'm wearing a bun until next Wednesday when I'll go to the salon a get my LAST transitioning flat iron. Look at my pics!

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Dayjoy_photos/media/IMAG1270_zps31ed6516.jpg.html
http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Dayjoy_photos/media/IMAG1272_zpscad82fd3.jpg.html
http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Dayjoy_photos/media/IMAG1275_zps9752e31a.jpg.html
http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Dayjoy_photos/media/IMAG1276_zps3d3540cf.jpg.html

My bottom layer is collarbone stretched. Hopefully I'll have a BAA soon!

Lovely hair.

sent from my galaxy

Lol! Love it! Can't wait to be able to rock mine again. I told my DH that when I'm natural I feel more like myself with all that hair. Not that I feel bad relaxed, my natural mane just suited my personality better

Dayjoy great growth!! Congrats on sticking with it 80 weeks is a long time... And your curl pattern is nice! Can't wait until I'm there... BC 7/25/14!!!

Real talk I need a converter...why do we use weeks and not months again? This is similar to when my friends are like "my kid is 28376 weeks old today" and I nod and pretend I follow :lachen:

Me too! LMAO!

But I marked the date in an app. So the app tells me how many days....which I find funny.

So I know from the app that I'm 22 months, 97 weeks or 681 days!

Lmao! ;)

Lmao @681 days. To think I've been keeping track by manually counting the months like a peasant. :nono:

I need to check if my calendar does this :giggle:

I chose to count weeks because when I first started coming in this thread there were posters with these large amounts of transition time and I was so excited to see some time go by that I knew I just couldn't wait a WHOLE MONTH to log in. I wanted to report something more often. So for me it has been 75 weeks OR 17 months OR almost a year and a half since my last relaxer. A few more weeks and I won't be counting at all anymore. Yay!

Lmao @681 days. To think I've been keeping track by manually counting the months like a peasant. :nono:

I need to check if my calendar does this :giggle:

Dayjoy the app is called "days until". It's a countdown. I put in the day of my last relaxer and then the days count off for me.....if that makes sense. So instead of "counting down" it tells me how many days since the event passed.

I had to step up my game when I came here cus like dayjoy said, I couldn't wait a month. Shoooooot every day was an accomplishment in the beginning. And I'm starting to feel that way again now.....every MINUTE is a feat of strength. Lol ;)

It's been 678 days since my last relaxer. That makes it seem like a extra long time then saying 22 months

sent from my galaxy

Hey Ladies,

If all goes well and I don't chicken out, I'm doing the BIG CHOP on Saturday! I made an appointment with my hair guy and it's on!

I'm not planning to post any pics so don't look for any from me unless I feel so beautiful I can't contain myself. :lol:

It's time to let these ends go. It will be a year on June 8 since I made the decision to transition. I want to be free in the Summer and learn to deal with my natural hair and if I don't like it, I can always buy a wig or wear a weave.

I'll be back and let you know if it's a done deal. :wave:

Ladies, I big chopped last Saturday. May 11th. I know I was supposed to wait, but I just couldn't take the shedding and craziness going on with my hair! It is mostly 4 inches all around with some sections up to 5 inches. I also may be dealing with "scab hair" in my front left section but I won't know that for sure until it grows out more. I am trying to combat the dryness!

Ladies, I big chopped last Saturday. May 11th. I know I was supposed to wait, but I just couldn't take the shedding and craziness going on with my hair! It is mostly 4 inches all around with some sections up to 5 inches. I also may be dealing with "scab hair" in my front left section but I won't know that for sure until it grows out more. I am trying to combat the dryness!

Congrats!!!!! so happy for you :). Share your new experiences.

now....Are you gonna share some pics or what?

I made it to the 9 month in my transition...so proud of myself. So many people chopping now. I gotta stay focused. There's no way I could rock a TWA....so onward.

Back