Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

I just installed (DIY) my first ever set of crochet/latch hook puffy twists and I adore them! I am about to upload some pics in my profile. I don't even feel them because I cornrowed my hair with low-med tension and the twist are perfect until early August at the least.

I'm not BCing this month as I had initially planned. :look: My hair grows too slow and I want more natural hair on my head before the BC.

I'm fine with these kinky twists. Low maintenance and I'm still getting compliments. I'd refresh them for a year if I could. My hair does well in extensions. I don't want to go into a boring bun. :nono:

If folks can wear dreads for years, I can wear my kinky twists at least for another month! I need to vary what I do with them though. I'm starting to wear them off my face for variety. Maybe I'll incorporate accessories too.

reesycup You did a FABULOUS JOB! Beautiful!!!!! So full and natural looking! You will be able to keep these in for 3 months? That's awesome!

Oh man I am struggling with my hair (it's all basically natural except for maybe 1-2 inches... it's armpit length). I just don't know how to style it. I don't want to wear a fro and I don't have time to put it in tiny braids/twists. And I'm getting tired of just a plain bun. :D

Here's your transitioning laugh of the day!

LMBO!!!

1st pic----What I think I look like when i wake up with my 22 months of new growth. 2nd pic----what I actually look like.

Attachments

• image-420671024.jpg
    image-420671024.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 38
  • image-2406178645.jpg
    image-2406178645.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 38
I am thinking about cutting my ends in July on my anniversary and weaving my hair up the rest of the year.

32 weeks post- glad I have a sew in, otherwise I’d go bc. I keep seeing all these pics of short natural hair and I want to try it. I haven’t had short hair since I can remember, since i was 5 and up long hair made me stand out kinda. But if I don’t like it, I guess I can do another sew in.

I went back to bunning my hair! I just cant stand my hair cut any more. I am tempted to cut it all off but my hair still can get into a cute looking high bun which is my staple summer look(it goes with everything!) otherwise I would be left with a short curly mullet!

I wash my hair 2-3 times a week now. I have been cowashing, adding a little water based leave in and airdrying in 2 braids overnight. my hair dries super fast this way so in the morning I just slick it back with conditioner and go. My hair is really easy to manage this way and I look cute. I no longer look like I am getting ready to party like its 1899! LOL

I think by airdrying overnight is had made the inside of my hair stop matting up like it would when i did wet buns. Also since going back to keratin treatments my newgrowth is super manageable. BKT just works for me! I am going to stop trying to deny it.

I just hope my relaxed ends can last another year before I cut! I might cut my hair again once I grow it back to apl just to get rid of the inverted look.

July will be here before you know it!

Yeah. You are right! :) ....I'm sick of my ends but I am not ready to deal with my shrinkage. I wanted to go 3 years. But to do that I think I need to wear my hair straight more often.

I don't know.........

Yeah. You are right! :) ....I'm sick of my ends but I am not ready to deal with my shrinkage. I wanted to go 3 years. But to do that I think I need to wear my hair straight more often.

I don't know.........

July week be two years for me as well and I am ready to cut also. But like u I'm not ready to deal with the shrinkage either

sent from my galaxy

I have to her my crown under control.it is extremely dry and a total different texture then the rest of my hair. Does anybody have any suggestions in how to get it to hold onto moisture?

sent from my galaxy

Rae81 and havilland where do you think your hair would shrink to with that long of a transition? SL? What about twisting, then wrapping the twist around your head and pinning them over night so it does not shrink too much? Maybe they would be at APL with wrapping. IDK...I just can't wait to give my testimony of transitioning that long! 2 years is an AWESOME accomplishment!

I have to her my crown under control.it is extremely dry and a total different texture then the rest of my hair. Does anybody have any suggestions in how to get it to hold onto moisture?

sent from my galaxy

my crown is the same way. i spritz it at night with a moisture spray like shea moisture and then i take an applicator bottle of oil and apply it just to that area. sometimes i baggy for a few minutes to get it to soak in more....the main thing that has helped me is deep conditioning once or twice a week.

Jobwright

Hey Lady, This is a pic of me holding my hair at the separation of the relaxed hair and my natural hair. My hair shrinks to ear-ish. If I pull/stretch it, it's neck length. I don't like it. Makes my head look big.....

If i cut the ends off I will hide my hair until it grows out. I don't like my hair short. Never have.

Attachments

• image-1570612183.jpg
    image-1570612183.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 118
@Napp your hair looks so nice and healthy and beautiful in your siganture?? May I ask what you use when setting your hair?

@Haviland congratulations on making your goal!! And your hari is so beautiful and looks liek it is soo managable!!! (Hair envy alert!!! :yep:) I am a little past 9 months (15 more to go!) and now have a full sew-in weave but its difficult getting my hair underneath moisturized the way I want without the weave getting shiny looking so I may try one more install and then if it still doesn't work go back to the twist/braids...

I have such a yo-yo complex when it comes to my hair...sometimes I love it sometimes I hate it; sometimes its nice and soft and moisturized and managable and then it becomes a birds nest (using the same products).... I am just going to go with the flow until my 2 years hit and I can let go on those dreaded relaxed ends!!!!!!!

Last edited:
@Jobwright

Hey Lady, This is a pic of me holding my hair at the separation of the relaxed hair and my natural hair. My hair shrinks to ear-ish. If I pull/stretch it, it's neck length. I don't like it. Makes my head look big.....

If i cut the ends off I will hide my hair until it grows out. I don't like my hair short. Never have.

You have a nice texture going on there girly. Are you 3 something???

This is what my hair looks like in the front, one side shrinks up more than the other. This is one if the reasons I don't want to cut yet.

ForumRunner_20130509_114055.jpg

sent from my galaxy

Deziyah

For the rollerset in my siggy I used Novex Argan oil Leave in conditioner. it smoothed out my newgrowth like butter and left my hair so bouncy and shiny! I am currently testing out the whole argan oil line.

Not too many people in America know about Novex but I really love this brand of hair products! They are very multi funcitional:yep:

Another boring yummy bun.....

I need a wig.

Girl if my bun looked even half as nice as that I would rock them ALL the time... I have the thick, kinky, 4b unruly hair that needs a pound and a half of gel and not to mention cutting off the circulation in my head to keep my frizzies down!!!! :lol:

Napp thank you so much for the tip, I am going to look up that line, hopefully I can get a sample to try.... I have stopped doing roller sets because my new growth would just not cooperate and I loved my roller sets....Keep me posted on how the other products work out...

Back