Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

BC'ing is nowhere near tempting right now so :yep: I'll keep transitioning :grin:
That's just around the corner! Do you think you'll keep transitioning or will the BC be too tempting?

:lachen: Yes ma'am!
We definitely HAVE to make it to 18 months! We can do it!!! :strong:
I'm not taking that line (Transition Goal) out of my siggy until I get to 18 months!

I'm going to be keeping an eye on you too

P.S. This is scary!!!!: :eye: or is it just me :look:

She's not allowed to
I'm not sure if I told her :sekret:
We have to make it to 18 months lol

I DC 1-2 times a week with ORS Replenishing COn (mild protein), my leave in conditioner is a light protein (Giovanni Direct Leave In) and I have only done 2-3 protein treatments (Keracare Super Reconstructor) since the start of this year...
Oh... I also use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor once in a while, just whenever I feel like my hair needs a light protein boost.

On average how often do you all do protein DC? My hair has been REAL dry this past week and I'm wondering if I should lay off the protein for a couple weeks and do some moisture DCing only....?

you know, I really need to give that Giovanni Direct a try...i've heard so much about it and never tried it...do you find it works well on transitioning hair?

:yep: I love it on my 11 months of new growth + relaxed hair! It's a really good detangler for my hair.
you know, I really need to give that Giovanni Direct a try...i've heard so much about it and never tried it...do you find it works well on transitioning hair?

Co-signing with Mummy, Giovanni Direct Leave-In is wonderful on my NG and my relaxed ends. I don't have many staples but that is def one.

I saw it at my local Whole Foods, Nutrition Smart and I THink Vitamin Shoppe. I'm in the South Florida area.

Silly question here...Where can I find Giovanni Direct?

Larger Walgreen's stores carry it. Rite-Aid and Wal-Mart has it, too.

ETA: I Only use a tiny bit when I'm going to flat-iron, which is about 2x/month. I use it on my daughters regularly, though. One is natural, two are transitioning. They like it.

Last edited:
where is ur hair breaking? is it breaking at the demarcation line (point where relaxed meets natural hair)? I'm 4b and although i'm only a little over 3 months post I have not had any problems with my hair breaking at the demarcation line. my breakage has been my dry relaxed hair ends, little short pieces.

I think I've had little demarcation breakage bc I do a moisturizing steam treatment with every weekly wash. I also wear my hair straight (flat ironed) 100% of the time which may be helping (not dealing with two completely different textures/tangles). I think its mostly the steam and moisturizing conditioners though.
Honestly Im not sure where its breaking but its hard to detangle, its not alot of breakage but its there. Im going to try and dc with a protein based dc tonight. How do I do steam treatments?

ATTENTION: CASTOR OIL(HAITIAN VERSION) AND ORS ARE MY NEW STAPLES FOR MY TRANSITIONING JOURNEY. IT MELTS AWAY TANGLES, MAKES NEW GROWTH LOOSER AND SOFTER.IM PREPOOING WITH THIS AS I TYPE. I SECTION OFF MY HAIR AND APPLY THE CASTOR OIL TO MY ROOTS AND THE ORS MAINLY TO MY ENDS AND SMALL AMOUNT TO MY ROOTS, I CANT BELIEVE THIS,THIS IS AWESOME!!! JUSTTHOUGHT I'D SHARE. ( IM A 4B)

ATTENTION: CASTOR OIL(HAITIAN VERSION) AND ORS ARE MY NEW STAPLES FOR MY TRANSITIONING JOURNEY. IT MELTS AWAY TANGLES, MAKES NEW GROWTH LOOSER AND SOFTER.IM PREPOOING WITH THIS AS I TYPE. I SECTION OFF MY HAIR AND APPLY THE CASTOR OIL TO MY ROOTS AND THE ORS MAINLY TO MY ENDS AND SMALL AMOUNT TO MY ROOTS, I CANT BELIEVE THIS,THIS IS AWESOME!!! JUSTTHOUGHT I'D SHARE. ( IM A 4B)

How far along are you in your transition? I will definitely be trying this....

Great tip! I already use castor oil for my edges and nape. Now I can prepoo and DC with it also huh? I will try that out on next wash day. Oh BTW, I just ordered me some Jamaican Black Castor Oil and some JBCO with lavender. I can't wait to get it. Supposedly the JBCO absorbs into the scalp better w/out clogging the pores. The other clearer CO is good for sealing the ends and for softening NG. Just thought I would share my new found knowledge. :grin:

Hey all, I'm a little tardy for the party but I'd definitely like to join. Its been about a year since my last relaxer relaxer. I did ps for awhile but got tired of them. I've been wearing full sew ins since June. I plan to take the current one out in the next 2-3 weeks to give my hair a break. I want to get my hair straightened to see where I am length wise. I have no plans of doing a BC, just trims over time.

Does anyone have any watch out or tips for straightening your hair with the two textures? I'm really nervous because I don't want my hair to become damaged. I'm going to a reliable stylist and will also express this concern to her.

Also, any tips on keeping your hair from reverting while wearing it out.

My Walmart does not carry it. Do they think it's a "black product?" I live in bubba land so if they think blacks like it, it's not going to be around here.

Hey! Anyway! Last night I saw my line of demarcation! I saw the wavy hair and then suddenly straight! I'd never seen it before! I guess because I had always combed my hair wet before and once I comb it, the my hair is the same all the way down!

That was pretty awesome though. But seeing DOES make you want to cut off those ends!!! Lol. I'm going to resist though! If I get a look at it again, I'll take a picture of it. It was pretty cool to see for the first time!

I learned a lesson this weekend. I was lazy and did not prepoo or dc. My hair looked like a birds nest at church.I wanted to grab the scissors. But I used this as an excuse to go shopping. I bought AOWC and coconut oil for new growth.
I love AOWC. The smell is too strong but my new growth is soft and curly. Even the patch in the back that I thought was curlless has curls. I put coconut oil on new growth and did the usual with the rest. My braidout today is perfect.

Still trying to decide what to do for thanksgiving but I may co wash and rollerset then do big twists for waves.what are your plans?

LOL@ Tress...Girl, I second you on that. Let me tell you something...much like a child, my hair has become spoiled. No short cuts are allowed here! If I skip a prepoo or DC, I'd may as well go hat shopping immediately afterwards. I really notice a remarkable difference when I skip my Olive Oil or Hairveda oil prepoo and I MUST do some time good conditioning especially now with this new growth and two texture thing going on.

and I forgot to add that I second that Aubrey Organics White Chamelia is the official bizness!!!! lol. I love it and it so far the most moisturizing conditioner that I've laid my hands on. I was using coconut oil for a while and I recently have been giving JBCO a try instead...I like it so far. I still use the coconut oil to blend with my conditioners and Mega Tek and stuff.

Last edited:
I was wondering if I could join up? I recently just go back from abroad and i had braids for about 3 months. it did damage to my baby hair around my temple so i have to work on that but it helped my hair grow. i havent gotten a perm since May 2009 so I would like to know some of the regimes you ladies use when transitioning with the BC. I need to tame this hair, especially since i will be training for a marathon very soon. I hope its okay that I can still join.

I've finally perfected my twistout. I think I like them with smaller curls. I moisturized with HH None of your frizzness leave in, spritzed with diluted setting lotion, sealed with olive oil and then did about 9 or 10 flat twists wrapping the ends around pink perm rods (the one with the snap fastner).

front with flash:

IMG00220-20091124-1459.jpg

front without flash:

IMG00219-20091124-1458.jpg

Side close up:

IMG00203-20091124-1453.jpg

Side no flash:

IMG00207-20091124-1454.jpg

Tried to take a close up of the back and failed lol:

IMG00215-20091124-1456.jpg

Regular side shots:

IMG00225-20091124-1507.jpg

IMG00227-20091124-1508.jpg

I was wondering if I could join up? I recently just go back from abroad and i had braids for about 3 months. it did damage to my baby hair around my temple so i have to work on that but it helped my hair grow. i havent gotten a perm since May 2009 so I would like to know some of the regimes you ladies use when transitioning with the BC. I need to tame this hair, especially since i will be training for a marathon very soon. I hope its okay that I can still join.

Absolutely!!! welcome aboard. :grin:

I've finally perfected my twistout. I think I like them with smaller curls. I moisturized with HH None of your frizzness leave in, spritzed with diluted setting lotion, sealed with olive oil and then did about 9 or 10 flat twists wrapping the ends around pink perm rods (the one with the snap fastner).

front with flash:

IMG00220-20091124-1459.jpg

front without flash:

IMG00219-20091124-1458.jpg

Side close up:

IMG00203-20091124-1453.jpg

Side no flash:

IMG00207-20091124-1454.jpg

Tried to take a close up of the back and failed lol:

IMG00215-20091124-1456.jpg

Regular side shots:

IMG00225-20091124-1507.jpg

IMG00227-20091124-1508.jpg

Girl, your twistout is gorgeous!!! I love it.

Back