Top Hair Lessons Learned since joining LHCF

1. Keep non-believers out of your hair and hype out of your head.
2. The product is only as good as the original care. I think you can make products work for you if you are using them properly and handling your hair right.
3. Get creative with your protective/low manipulation styles. They keep you from putting your hands/heat/hairstylist/chemicals in your hair.
4. The more you know, the more you grow.
5. Additives boost lacklaster products. Mixing your own ingredients can vamp up your success with products you thought didn't work before.

1) Detangle under running water. You save time, energy, and combs full of hair this way.
2) It is not a race! Just because so in so's hair from LHCF looks like it has grown 2" in 2 weeks, this is not a reason to chunk your regimen to take up hers, because heaven forbid she get to BSL before you! This is not competitive hair growing!
3) Protective styling, particularly buns, not only helps save your ends, but reduces your need for extra styling products and saves time on long drawn out styling sessions (ie rollersetting, flat ironing, etc.)
4) Stylists only want two things: 1) Money and 2) to save time. All that they do are towards these two goals, and unfortunately both are incompatible with helping you grow out your hair.
5) Your hair's pH is important.

for me:
a protein/moistire balance is necessary
prepooing prevents me from losing a lot hairs when i wash
minimizing combing and less wrapping

For me it would be .....

1. Be pro-active instead of re-active
2. Moisturizing is VERY important
3. Dont get to heavy handed with products
4. Try to learn as much as i can about my own hair so NO 1 can tell me different
5.Protective styling is da BOMB
6. If all else fails a good clean wash/DC/trim will get u back on track

:p :p THANKS LADIES 4 ALL THE ADVICE :p :p

1) The science of protein/moisture. Still trying to figure out which I need when applying strand test.
2) The benefits of stretching relaxers: thicker hair and limiting overlapping relaxer.
3) The effects of overprocessing--thinning hair!
4) The correct way to relax. T-lax resulting in t-lax, processed, t-lax, processed hair strands.
5) It is possible to grew my hair longer than bra strap length(my longest achieved length).
6) You can wash your hair with conditioner.
7) How to increase hair moisture: CON washes, baggying.
8) Benefits of supplements and hair growth.
9) Growth aids: MTG and MN
10) What essential oils are and how to use them.
11) Ways to increase hair growth: scalp massages, growth aids, supplements, healthy diet, frequent washes.
12) Detriments to the hair: combing, brushing, heat.
13) How to soften, silken, or detangle hair: coconut oil, olive oil.
14) How to thicken hair: stretching, JBCO.
15) How to strenghten hair: Amla oil

Okay, that's enough!;)

Okay, maybe not

16) Benefit of protective styling-retain length
17) Herbal product:Henna, Cassia
18) How to color my hair without chemicals: Amla powder, Indigo
19) Protect my ends by moisturizing
20) All the different types of protein and their benefits: silk, keratin, wheat,. . .
21) What ingredients in products are not good for the hair: mineral oil, lauryl sulfate or any variation of it, too much keratin.
22) To vary ponytails: high, low, very low, side.
23) To wash hair in the shower.
24) Less manipulation to the hair is best.
25) How to braid my own hair.
26) The crown and glory method
26) Motown Girl website
27) Baggy technique
28) When to use ApHogee--one week after relaxer.
29) Benefits of clarifying hair--to remove product build up and increase results of products
30) Alternative to claifying shampoo: ACV rinses, baking soda.

Last edited:
beaux cheveux said:
:band2: 1. Don't listen to the traditional myths of black hair care. IT'S A LIE! your hair can grow
2. Be open top different ideas. Without doing this I could have never accepted this forum and its valuble advice. I mean, come on, using a horse product on you hair?!!:lol:
3.Don't ever let anyone convince you that you hair is ugly:(
4. HAIR TALKS listen to it! Your hair will tell you what works for it. I don't care how much you paid for it, if your hair aint responding to it right, TOSS IT OUT!
5. MTG ROCKS!:band2:

6.Moisturize
7.Pay special attetion to hair ends and newgrowth
8.ANYONE can grow hair!

I am not understanding #2/#5 are you for Horse Products or Against using horse products:lol:

Back